The Rams are contenders, but....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Rams are contenders, but....

I think the Rams have enough talent to contend for the Super Bowl this year.

The only problem is, so do at least four other teams in the NFC: Eagles, Saints, Vikings and Falcons.

Behind them, there are two teams, Dallas and Green Bay, who could be viewed as "dark horse" contenders.

In fact, if you look at the NFC, there are few teams who lack sufficient talent to make a playoff run this year.

In other words, its going to be a tough road.

Perhaps the Rams' biggest advantage is that they are in the NFC West. Unlike the other divisions, who have at least two legit/dark horse contenders (on paper), the Rams are probably the only contender in the West. I'm not buying into the Niners hype. While I think they will be improved, I don't think they are ready to make a major run quite yet. The Seahawks are in a transitional phase and, while they still have some elite talent, they also have a lot of holes. Finally, there's the Cardinals. Although the return of David Johnson will be a plus, their QB situation will be in flux as they decide between Bradford and Rosen, and their defense has some issues.

Still, the biggest factor in the NFL will likely be health. Each of the contenders has 2-3 key guys who must stay healthy.

All this said, there's one thing that is undeniable... its great to be one of the teams with a legitimate shot!

Agreed, tough nfc slate and i would not underestimate the giants who were a playoff team two years ago, massively decimated by injuries last year, and now have a revamped offensive line (their biggest weakness in the past) with a stud rb.

Injuries will be key this year in the balance of nfc power. Lets hope we are as lucky as we were last year.

The Rams need to win all the games they are "supposed" to win and avoid the bad losses because home field positioning in the playoffs may well matter. I appreciate we were a terrific road team last year, but i would still rather be playing at home and more importantly, getting a bye in the playoffs.

Ramming speed to all

general counsel

Comment

Originally posted by General Counsel View Post

Injuries will be key this year in the balance of NFC power. Let's hope we are as lucky as we were last year.

The Rams need to win all the games they are "supposed" to win and avoid the bad losses because home field positioning in the playoffs may well matter. I appreciate we were a terrific road team last year, but i would still rather be playing at home and more importantly, getting a bye in the playoffs.

Ramming speed to all

General Counsel

Critical keys, for sure! We HAVE to stay healthy, strong. S T R O N G.

Stronger than the competition this year. WIN as mentioned above.

Hope there will be more prevention work than repair jobs.

This year ... particularly.

Comment

Completely agree with your assessment of the Rams as a SB contender, which was my main reason for thinking they would make a bold move upwards in the draft. While they didn't, they did add some quality prospects who could be valuable during the upcoming season. Micah Kiser and Oronkwo are 2 that come to mind instantly.

The other teams you list are also spot on, except for Dallas. Losing Whitten and Bryant diminish their passing game substantially. Their defense could also have issues in the defensive backfield. I would rate Carolina and even Detroit higher. Chicago, depending on the advances of Trubisky could make a move based on what I've been reading about their new HC. They think they've discovered the next Sean McVay.

The issue for the Rams will be navigating their schedule. I'm glad we play LA and Denver early as their round 1 picks could be awesome and dangerous.

Meanwhile we'll be trying to gel as a team. Glad we did everything before training camp this year. We should get the A. Donald contract done so he and Suh an learn to play side-by-side.

Go Rams!

Comment

Working...
        X