Undrafted FAs Most Likely to Stick

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Undrafted FAs Most Likely to Stick

There are not a lot of job opening on the Rams roster this year. Most will be filled by veterans and players drafted in Rounds 3-5 of this year's draft.

That said, there is always a chance that an undrafted free agent will make enough of an impression to stick.

Here are the five that I believe have the best chance:

1. Tegray Scales, ILB, Indiana
    If you watch Scales' tape and look at his stats, you'd probably wonder why he was not drafted. The answer: he's 6'0, 227 lbs. Still, he may have enough upside as a pure football player to earn a spot on this roster. He should certainly embrace the special teams part of the job, as that could be a place where he can excel.

2. Steven Parker, S, Oklahoma
    The Rams are not particularly deep at safety, so two of my five are prospects at that position. Parker has good size (6'1, 203) and is a good athlete. Probably more of a SS than a FS. College teammate Ogbonnia Okoronkwo will certainly be pulling for him.

3. Chucky Williams, S, Louisville
    Williams will also get his chance at safety. He is a particularly good prospect in kick coverage, which could provide a value-added element to his resume.

4. Ricky Jeune, WR, Georgia Tech
    If you are looking for a diamond in the rough, a GaTech (which still runs the wishbone) WR could be a good place to search. Jeune is a 6'3, 210 lb. physical receiver. Depending on how many WRs the Rams carry on their roster, he could have a shot.

5. Larry Rose, RB, New Mexico State
    Rose was initially signed by Tennessee, then waived and picked up by the Rams. While the RB position is very crowded, I like what he brings to the table. He ran a 4.42 at his pro day, and had 55 receptions last season. A longshot, no doubt, but worth watching.

Here's an interesting one:

Luiz Perez. I like his story and I like his potential. Combined with the fact that Brandon Allen is non-existent and Mannion's lackluster presence, Perez could very well have a chance to stick on with the team.

Comment

Working...
    X