Site moderation - update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Site moderation - update

We, the mods on this site have not been as active as we could have and I for one shoulder the blame for all of that. As Admin I should be far more active on this site.

When it comes to thread or post-moderation we will now follow this rule.

If any MOD feels a thread or post requires moderation, they will "soft-delete" that thread or post and a new Thread will start in the MOD forum. All of the mods will check before a decision is made to either fully delete the thread or post or to reinstate it. If the thread or post is deleted then the owner of the offending post will be warned. The normal rules will then apply. This is relevant for ALL members and to stop perceived vendettas by MODS and to protect both MODS and MEMBERS.

Hope this helps to go forward.

Related Topics

Collapse

• Alec22
    Rant Thread
    by Alec22
    Instead of everyone just making multiple rant threads eveyone just post it here and let it out.

BTW: Good Bye Linehan
    -09-21-2008, 05:09 PM
  • thoey
    Grrr... This is getting old.
    by thoey
    Okay, for a couple weeks now I have had to have all my posts, whether in an existing thread or a new thread approved by a moderator. Well, someone fixed the problem with posting to an existing thread, but I still am unable to start a thread unless a mod blesses it. This all seems to have started when I renewed my subscription to the site. Can someone please fix this?

Oh, a mod will have to approve this thread before anyone will see it...

-04-16-2009, 03:49 AM
  • AvengerRam_old
    Don't Mislead With Thread Titles
    by AvengerRam_old
    'Tis the season for rumors and speculation.

That's all well and good, but if you wish to post a theory (either yours or someone else's), please title it accordingly. Don't post at thread with the title "The Rams have their sights on _______" if all you have to back it up is your own opinion of what the Rams should do, or the speculation of some random blogger. If you feel it should be posted, title it "I think that the Rams should _______" or some other title that indicates what it is you are communicating.

We're not the PD board. We strive to be better than that drivel-fest.
    -02-01-2009, 11:45 PM
  • Nick
    Since we're ranting...
    by Nick
    This isn't aimed at any one individual, but is based on multiple responses I've seen both recently and over the course of the season.

It's my absolute honest belief that Dez has put together one of the best St. Louis Rams discussion sites on the 'net. If I didn't think that, I wouldn't have stayed here for more than six years, nor would I have agreed to help moderate the site to try and help out where I can.

But it seems to me that lately, this season more than any in recent memory, some members have been making these snarky, disparaging, negative comments about other members, threads, or the board in general. It ranges from the borderline personal attacks of another poster to criticisms of a thread being pointless to comments about looking for a new board or questioning why they even come to this one. While these comments may not explicitly violate board rules, their negative effect to a thread or the board itself is obvious.

Well, the simple truth is this: NO ONE is being forced to read this or any thread, just like no one is being forced to read another member's posts or even come to this site.

If you don't like a topic or don't think it's a worthwhile discussion, don't read the thread. Click on the back button and find another one.

If you don't like a poster's opinions and don't want to read any more of their posts, then don't. Go into your UserCP and put that person on your Ignore List.

If you're considering leaving or questioning why you come here, then to be blunt, either **** or get off the pot. Don't post multiple responses about leaving, crying out for attention.

No one is forcing you to come here, post here, read topics here, or "suffer" through someone else's opinion here. Those are YOUR CHOICES. You control your presence here and what you're exposed to.

I think one of the main reasons I like the Clan is because I find there are many very intelligent, very knowledgeable football fans here that are ready and able to discuss all aspects of this game. Maybe it's a very positive, upbeat discussion, or maybe it's a critical discussion about problem areas on the team. But I find meaningful discussions every day on this board, not only about the Rams but about the NFL as a whole and specifically the draft and college prospects. I love engaging in these topics. Occasionally though, I find some discussions that, for whatever reason, I'd rather not be a part of because I don't see the point. When that happens, I simply move on to the next discussion. Trust me, it's not difficult.

When people make negative responses that denigrate other posters or blame the board because of what's being said or what they've been exposed to, I simply have to shake my head. Yes, there are occasions when someone has stepped over the line, and when rules have been violated, we moderators are more than willing to do...
    -12-22-2010, 07:50 PM
  • RamWraith
    W.A. Thread
    by RamWraith
    Nicks word association thread has got to be one of the longest threads in message board history. 27 pages long and still counting. You can sure tell it is the off-season and people are looking for any sort of entertainment. *LOL* :drunk:
    -07-02-2005, 09:26 AM
Working...
X