jamon brown suspended two games

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jamon brown suspended two games

Jamon brown will miss the first two games of the season for a suspension relating to substance abuse. Depth of offensive line, injuries, suspensions, my number one concern for the year and here we go already. what an idiot.

Ramming speed to all

general counsel

Continuity of the OL already busted before the season begins. Potential stealing of his spot up for grabs now... maybe one of the youngsters can impress. Too much optimism? Well okay, maybe someone can do well enough for spot duty.

All I gotta say is, I'm really really glad the Rams resigned Sullivan at the Center spot. I think that'll help a lot this season.

Comment

Sigh.

At least the Rams will have plenty of time to prep his replacement.

Comment

...Here we go already. What an idiot.

- GC

Precisely...

. . . . . . . . . . . . .
        Last edited by RealRam; 2 weeks ago. Reason: Format

Comment

Geez, how stupid can Jamon be?

Comment

I wish the NFL handled these things in a more timely manner. His apology statement said this happened 18 months ago which was during Fisher's last season if I can read a calendar correctly.

Comment

Who will Brown's replacement? Blythe? Demby? Havenstein with Notebloom filling in at right tackle? Possibly Brian Allen?? Thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by MauiRam View Post
                Who will Brown's replacement? Blythe? Demby? Havenstein with Notebloom filling in at right tackle? Possibly Brian Allen?? Thoughts?
                Really good question. O line depth one of our big issues, and it's front and center right off the bat. We enjoyed O line continuity all season last year, but have a break already this year. I strongly doubt Havenstein. We're not going to choose to start the season with the entire right side out of position. I also can't imagine they'll have Noteboom spending his first camp learning the guard position, when he's their top draft pick and projected as swing tackle. So my guess is Blythe rather than a rookie. But will they have enough O line roster spots for that? If not, it'll be a rookie, Allen or Quemby. This is a big issue for the first two games. Damn.

Comment

On the bright side...at least this happened to our worst starting offensive lineman. I can see Blythe filling in and I don't think the drop-off in talent is as big as we think it is. I see Allen backing up Sullivan to start the season.

Comment

Originally posted by RockinRam View Post
                    On the bright side...at least this happened to our worst starting offensive lineman. I can see Blythe filling in and I don't think the drop-off in talent is as big as we think it is. I see Allen backing up Sullivan to start the season.
                    Yes, with a little more thought, I agree they'll have to make room on the roster for Blythe at the start of the season, and will spend all of camp getting him ready, especially having drafted Allen at center.

Comment

Originally posted by General Counsel View Post

...And here we go already. What an idiot.

Ramming speed to all

General Counsel

There is some mild consolation via JB's Twitter (see ESPN for complete message with usual apology):

In a statement released on Twitter, Brown apologized and explained that an "isolated mistake" 18 months ago led to his suspension.

Comment

Seems strange that the penalty is incurred 18 months after the incident. Did the NFL just find out about this? Did they find out at the time and were slow to respond? I would be curious to see the timeline.

Comment

Blythe seems like the front runner to take that job, as an interior backup already on the team. I wouldn't sleep on Jake Eldrenkamp maybe emerging as a possibility as well.

Comment

Working...
                          X