Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sean McVays Brilliant Memory

https://www.therams.com/news/daily-d...illiant-memory

Additionally, HBO’s upcoming “Real Sports” profile with Bryant Gumbel will feature head coach Sean McVay, specifically his football mind. In the episode (airing Tuesday, July 24, 10 p.m. ET), McVay displays his photographic memory, recalling specific plays and describing them to a T.
    “Oh, 100 percent,” Donald said. “I feel like the words, ‘Thank you,’ ain’t enough. You’ve got to show it... Instead of saying thank you — show it.”

Fun clip, thanks for sharing! Seems like he's asking McVay aout some bigger, more impactful plays, but that doesn't make it less impressive. Dude's a machine!

Comment

I wish I had such a memory. Have two friends that are in that ballpark and it's just so wrong the details they can remember and I've completely lost.

Comment

I was going to comment on this thread but I forgot what i was going to say.....

Comment

Originally posted by macrammer View Post
          Sure, I well..... what?

Comment

Originally posted by macrammer View Post
            What's your name again?

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• MauiRam
              24 hours ... With Sean McVay
              by MauiRam
              He may be the youngest coach in NFL history, but the Rams’ new head man is in unquestioned command of his team. Word for the wise—no daydreaming in meetings!

June 8th by Andy Benoit (MMQB)

24 Hours … with Sean McVay
              We spent a day with first-year Los Angeles Rams coach Sean McVay as the youngest coach in the NFL attempts to make his mark on his team at a recent minicamp.

This is the fourth installment of The MMQB’s “24 Hours” series, inside-inside, multimedia stories for the 2017 NFL season, chronicling a day in the life of an important figure in pro football. After seven years in Washington, the last three as Jay Gruden’s offensive coordinator, a soon-to-be 31-year-old Sean McVay took over the Los Angeles Rams in January, becoming the youngest head coach in NFL history (modern era). It’s been a whirlwind first off-season, though if you observe McVay running the team, you’d think he’s been at it for a decade. In May, during the Rams’ third OTA session (which meant full days with the players and live practices), McVay welcomed us behind the curtain.
              Los Angeles, Calif.
              May 24, 2017
              9:43 p.m. PT
              Sean McVay answers the door to his contemporary-style house in Encino Hills, a neighborhood in the San Fernando Valley northwest of downtown L.A. He moved in a few weeks earlier. His mother, an interior designer in Atlanta, has been furnishing the place. She’s off to a strong—and, to McVay’s occasional astonishment, expensive—start. But her work is far from done. About half of the home’s 4,660 square feet remain bare. McVay lives here with his girlfriend, Veronica, who moved with him from Virginia.
              After McVay, the former offensive coordinator in Washington, got the Rams job on Jan. 12, he planned on returning to his Reston, Va., townhouse to gather his things. But there was too much to do in California. So Veronica and a few friends took care of clearing the townhouse, and it sold in a day. McVay never made it back.
              He’s wearing his usual: shorts, t-shirt and running shoes. “Come in, make yourself at home,” he says.
              10:01 p.m.
              McVay toured six houses when he got to L.A. The fourth felt like the winner. But then he saw this one. It overlooks Burbank and has an enormous open patio. The bells and whistles abound: a gas fire table near the edge of the balcony; a miniature balcony overlooking the pool; floodlights—remarkably powerful floodlights; surround sound inside and outside; an Alexa system that controls the lights on command. (“Alexa, turn all off.”) And a glass wall that slides open at the push of a button, converting the living room into essentially a fancy covered patio.
              “Pretty cool, huh?” McVay says as he reveals each nook and cranny. He’s too earnestly impressed to be bragging. He grabs a beer and takes a seat near the gas fire table, only to discover that the cushions of his new patio furniture are damp. Oh well. He’s calling...
              -06-11-2017, 04:06 PM
            • OmahaJason
              McVay is OVERPAID
              by OmahaJason
              $100 k on an ENGAGEMENT RING! OMFG. That is insane.
              -06-25-2019, 12:30 PM
            • isaacbruce4ever
              SI Feature: For Sean McVay, Work-Life Balance Is a Work in Progress
              by isaacbruce4ever
              Too long to copy and paste. Enjoy.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/08/23/se...ead-jared-goff

By GREG BISHOP
              August 23, 2018

This story appears in the Aug. 27, 2018, issue of Sports Illustrated.
              -08-25-2018, 07:01 AM
            • OmahaJason
              We HAVE to talk about McVay.
              by OmahaJason
              I like McVay. But, what most people see a a 'Boy Genius', I see a talented Stage Magician, capable of dizzying feats of sleight-of-hand and gifted with great strategic vision, but he struggles with managing the tactics of offensive play ON THE FIELD. The more you watch a stage magicain, the easier it becomes to predict their tricks, and even if you don't know exactly how they are fooling you, you can anticipate their next move.

McVay NEEDS a tough, stubborn O.C., empowered to challenge McVay in real time. If McVay just wants to call plays, he could make the same salary as the Ram's OC, but if he truly wants to be a Head Coach in the NFL, he needs to be humble enough to surround himself with coaches able to help him manage the game.
              2 weeks ago
            • Nick
              Rams reach out to Redskins OC Sean McVay for head coaching vacancy
              by Nick
              Rotoworld's take......
              -01-02-2017, 06:19 AM
            Working...
            X