Small victory on the uniforms today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Small victory on the uniforms today

The NFL finally listened to the fans and will allow the Rams to wear the Blue and yellow uniforms for 5 home games this season. They'll wear the yellow "color rush" uniforms in Mexico, and the ugly white/gold/blue uniforms on the road and during the first two home games as well as the preseason. No more navy blue and gold jerseys. It was reported that the Rams sent all the letters and complaints directly to the NFL and said something like; "see what we're dealing with here?", "this is what the paying fans want". Small victory, but a victory nonetheless. The Rams will introduce the new designs in 2020 when the stadium opens. Now is we can just find a way to sign AD.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]temp_4324_1458960283388_621[/ATTACH]

I was at training camp yesterday when they announced it and Demoff said they did forward all of the emails and social media posts they could gather. It was pretty cool. Personally I am torn between the blue and white vs. blue and yellow. It’s hard to describe the feeling of seeing the team in blue and yellow in the first game back at the coliseum...it brought tears to my eyes.
    "The disappointment of losing is huge!"

Jack Youngblood

Comment

I don't know if I am happier about the fact that they are wearing the throwbacks 5 times, or the fact that they are wearing the navy blue and gold jerseys 0 times

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• RockinRam
        The Uniforms
        by RockinRam
        What is with the blue pants?! I mean come on,
        1) The blue pants are ugly
        2) Our team color is not white and ugly dark bluish color..
        3) Gold looks better

We need to bring back the gold pants. Blue jerseys, gold pants. Now that is a WINNING combination.

For Home: Blue jerseys, gold pants
        For Away: White top, gold pants

WOOHOO

And please, lets not EVER go back to the blue tops, blue pants. Ridiculous.
        -11-11-2008, 06:55 PM
      • AvengerRam
        Looking at the crowd, one thing seems clear...
        by AvengerRam
        From what I saw, there is an overwhelming preference among the fans for the old royal blue/yellow color scheme over the current dark blue/gold. I'm guessing it won't be until the 2019 season when the new stadium opens, but I think the change is inevitable....
        -08-15-2016, 11:53 AM
      • rNemesis
        Best and worst rams uniforms from the last three seasons
        by rNemesis
        I think we had a similar thread before, but I will ask again. What were, IYHO, were the best and worst uniforms we have worn for the last three years or so?

For sure, 100%, the worst ones to me were the white on white followed by the blue on white, which was slightly better than the white on white, but ANYTHING with WHITE PANTS is tacky!

The best to me were (in order of appearance):

1) The navy blue on navy blue, at home: These were just so bad a**
        2) The white tops with navy blue pants, on the road: These were just swaggerishly nice.
        3) The retro blue and yellow, at home: I LOVE seeing the great memories, but lets always remember that we are navy blue and gold generation now, not blue and yellow.
        4) The blue with gold pants.

Here are some combinations I WOULD LIKE to see:

White with gold bottoms
        Gold with gold bottoms
        Some black with gold and blue highlights

Mix it up, you know?

What do you guys think ?
        -04-14-2011, 02:13 PM
      • AvengerRam
        Rams want old school uniforms now - NFL says "no"
        by AvengerRam
        Rams want to wear blue and yellow uniforms more often, but NFL says no

Posted by Michael David Smith on May 11, 2018, 9:51 AM EDT
        Getty Images

Since the Rams moved back to Los Angeles, questions have raged about which uniforms they should wear: The blue and white of Merlin Olsen in the 1960s? The blue and yellow of Eric Dickerson in the 1980s? The blue and gold of the St. Louis years? Some combination?

The Rams are working on a permanent answer, but in the meantime they’d like to wear the Dickerson-style throwbacks more. The NFL, however, has other ideas.

Rams COO Kevin Demoff says the team has asked the NFL for permission to wear the blue and yellow throwbacks more often, but the NFL limited the Rams to wearing them twice last season. Demoff said he’s working on explaining to the league office that the fans would prefer those uniforms.

“We have spent the year educating them on our fan base,” Demoff told the Los Angeles Times. “We forwarded them all of the fan complaints, the emails we get, so I think they’re well aware of our fans’ preferences.”

Demoff said the Navy blue jerseys the Rams have worn aren’t anyone’s favorite.

“It was always with the idea that we’d be able to revisit it during the offseason when there’s more time to plan,” he said. “Hopefully, they recognize the challenge we have and appreciate the connection the fan base has to the blue and yellow. If we can avoid wearing our Navy jerseys next year, we will.”

It’s a bit odd that the NFL won’t let teams wear whatever uniforms they want, but it appears that the Rams still have some work to do to convince the league to let them wear those Dickerson-style uniforms on a full-time basis....
        -05-11-2018, 10:54 AM
      • dgr828
        Once again the Rams go Alternative
        by dgr828
        Last week in Philadelphia, the Rams sported their blue jerseys with white pants which didn't bring much luck. This week the Rams once again go with the alternative attire, this time the team will wear Blue on Blue (Blue jerseys, Blue pants). Hopefully the Rams are dressed for success!
        -09-14-2008, 10:37 AM
      Working...
      X