Chickens are counted WEEK one on the Calendar NFC_West outlook

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chickens are counted WEEK one on the Calendar NFC_West outlook

Anyone wish to rank the NFC West going into Week 1 of the 2018 season now that its for real with the 53 man roasters?

1: Rams
    2: 49whiners
    3: Cards
    4: Squawks

Am thinking the Rams will have the strongest defense in the NFC West with the 49whiners 2nd. I give the Rams the edge in balanced offense passing/ground game being 2nd in passing behind the 49whiners and 2nd against Squawks on the ground. On paper, the Rams doesn't have to lean on anyone part of either the passing or ground game where as the rest of the division is forced to either because of injury or skill level. Edge to the Rams in special teams being first with the Squawks a close second.

The "x" factors are the 49whiner "D"...much improved playing with discipline... Cards playing better then they actually are--it just seems a new HC gets a better result his first year... Has the Squawks fixed their offensive woes enough to take pressure off their QB having to be their most reliable playmaker & have the Squawks lost too much on defense... Rams LBs, are they good enough to let the front dominate and the secondary ball hawk; just how prepared is the rest of the NFL and NFC W ready to deal with the Rams Offense now that they have had a year to study McVay and the Rams offense

Losing their starting rb didn't do the ***** any favors. At 29, Alfred Morris is still an adequate runner, but wasn't signed until after preseason started. I think they're going to miss having a faster guy in the backfield and it's going to limit a little bit of what Shanahan hopes to do on O.

Comment

Originally posted by KoaKoi View Post
      Losing their starting rb didn't do the ***** any favors. At 29, Alfred Morris is still an adequate runner, but wasn't signed until after preseason started. I think they're going to miss having a faster guy in the backfield and it's going to limit a little bit of what Shanahan hopes to do on O.
      Its pretty much how I see it with the 49whiners, having to get it done through the air. It appears the Squawks made some effort to improve their OL--mostly so they can run the ball but I bet the farm its because the Rams upgraded and already good upfront defense

Comment

Originally posted by Ram Dragoon View Post

Its pretty much how I see it with the 49whiners, having to get it done through the air. It appears the Squawks made some effort to improve their OL--mostly so they can run the ball but I bet the farm its because the Rams upgraded and already good upfront defense
        For sure. Plus, the chickens best player on offense, bar none, is Wilson. So they have got to make sure he's got time to throw or be able to move outside and grab yardage on his feet. You take Wilson out of the game and it is sayonara. Just take a look at the beatdown from last year. They were soooo embarrassed. Literally, humiliated. Ensuring that doesn't happen again is job one for their gm

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Nick
          The Rams are first in the NFC West
          by Nick
          Sesttle, Arizona, and San Francisco all lost today, leaving Los Angeles as the lone winning team in the division....
          -09-10-2017, 06:07 PM
        • Ram Dragoon
          NFC-West week 3
          by Ram Dragoon
          Again we all can say... NFC-W Division Leader... How many years have we fans been able to say that even once let alone twice in a season

What is going on with the Cards? Still can't put a finger on it but for Dallas to rush 3 at Palmer and getting sacks and pressure...? No ground game worth mentioning in either of the Cards meetings with the Colts or Cowboys and brilliant pass plays to only sputter and stall...? It looked like the Cards where alright during the 1st Quarter in their match up with Dallas but after that it was not all down hill but off a cliff. Ok maybe in large part its the Cards OL but despite some great throws from Palmer, his read/recognize/react is off. There one bright spot is they still have a reasonable defense but not near the forum they shown in 2016

49whiners are still the whiners, though as expected they are not the 2016 pushovers Still 0-3 at least in their losses the 49whiners had a shot to pull it out in the end. In some small part Its my belief they are over achieving based on what they have at key positions. Certainly the 49whiners greatest opponent is their constant break downs in disciple. Its 3rd week on the books but for them they will start winning games. Even though, the Ram's defense made Hoyer look like a Hall of Fame QB, looking at Hoyer's other games against the Squawks and Panthers demonstrated he is not the future for any team in the NFL, no matter how much the 49whiner FO and Coaches put lipstick on that pig. Hoyer needs perhaps one of the best QB Coaches there is in the game to get Hoyer to be an average QB...For not for the 49whiner defense their losses would look far worst. I had predicted the Rams would lose the first matchup and that it would be a trench war--damn if I wasn't completely wrong....and so happy to be wrong

NO ground game, no Seahawk formula for success in 2017... its back to the drawing board for the Squawks when finding a way to win. They are capable of remaking themselves at this stage where it pass first then run. But the Squawk way for the last 5 years has been Run, run, and then pass playing behind a solid defensive secondary...seems most of the NFL has figured that one out. Its the same scheme on defense that other teams are attempting to use against the Squawks--set the edge with DEs to contain Wilson keeping him in the pocket, while bringing pressure up the middle. Absent of a ground game, this formula seems to be working against the Squawk's offense. When Wilson can see the field he is pretty good at delivering the ball on target, but that pressure up the middle seems to be restricting his view of the field

What a happy surprise to see the Rams with an offense--and a concerning thought how easily other teams have scored on the Rams. More to the point how easy it is to run the ball on the Rams. Said it once and will say it again, teams will continue to rely on the ground game against the Rams till the Rams...
          -09-26-2017, 08:19 PM
        • r8rh8rmike
          And Just Like That.......
          by r8rh8rmike
          ....the Los Angeles Rams are atop the NFC West, and the only unbeaten team in the division.

That is all.
          -09-09-2018, 04:35 PM
        • Ram Dragoon
          Nfc west...defense
          by Ram Dragoon
          Well its pretty much what I expected to see this pass weekend with the NFC playoff matchups...defense, defense and more defense with the 49whinners and Seagulls. Can't really say it was an explosive offensive that has gotten either to the championship.

That said, considering next season will likely be a repeat of this season, where are the Rams on defense and how might that affect where they go with personal. A lot of talk is the Rams O-line, some mention on improving the secondary, even upgrades at the skill positions where being thrown around as a possibility.

Considering the 7-9 finish, being thwacked 3 times at the hands of the 49whinners and Seagulls and having questions at all but the TE positions and defensive line, what does the future hold?

As I see it, its the O-line that will get the Rams attention to propel the ground game--its the simple solution to neutralize in part the rest of the NFC defenses, but this being the Fisher run time I bet a pickup on defense is on the cards. It just comes down to how hungry the Rams are when FA starts for real that will flesh out the roaster
          -01-12-2014, 01:19 PM
        • Walrus
          Where do the Rams fit in the West?
          by Walrus
          I came here a couple weeks ago to gauge your faith in your defense. Now, after three preseason games, let me ask you where you fit in the West.

Personally, after following the Niners and Cards through the preseason I just can't see where the hype comes from. I think San Fran is a more complete team than Arizona, but Arizona is more potent on offense. Each team is littered with holes, but I can't blame their fans for optimism when ESPN strokes their respective egos so thoroughly.

Any way you cook it, I see this division boiling down once again to the Hawks and Rams.

How confident are you in your units? My guess is you're very comfortable with the offense as I would expect it to be nothing short of NFL elite. But do you have the horses on defense and special teams to make a division or wild card run?

I can't compare our teams as I'm not entirely familiar with the athletes you have added, but if you'd like I'll give you as objective an opinion as I can about where I see the Hawks right now.
          -08-27-2007, 12:33 PM
        Working...
        X