My Top 5 Reasons Why We WON!!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Top 5 Reasons Why We WON!!!!

Rams survived the Black Hole and came away with a victory. While Rams were far from perfect, they persevered and came out on top:

1) Half time adjustments. MoonJoe pointed this out to me in the first half. We agreed the Rams are so much more prone to making the right adjustments at halftime. This game was truly a tale of two halves. 23-0 in 2nd half. At one point, Carr had 4 yds passing before garbage time after 199 yards in first half. Goff alluded in interview on filed how the Rams perform strongly in 3rd qtr.

2) Offensive line. Other then a holding call, this unit performed so well. Goff was virtually untouched all game. Whitworth was dominating as was Saffold. Great game for this unit

3) Gurley. This guy is a gem and I am so glad Fisher drafted him. He gets the tough yards, delivers ferocious hits to the secondary, and is down right fast and cagey. He gives us a huge play action options. Did you see the THREE Raiders all take a step toward Todd onl to have Goff hit Cooper for the TD as Kupp slid in behind LB's.......

4) Penalties Raiders HELD like crazy.......could have called holding on each snap. Still, I think there were four holding calls on Raiders. Cooks was too easy for them and he was able to get two significant PI calls.

5) Hekker and Leg......Hekker had a 62 yard punt that put the Raiders deep in their territory. Rams held and got the ball back at almost mid-field. Leg missed a FG but hit a key 55 yd with game somewhat in doubt still.......

Good points macrammer. I would add that McVay's play calling was really good. I know we looked sluggish in the first half, but the adjustments you alluded to at half time turned the game around, although we are so much more talented than the Raiders as was demonstrated. McVay really gets the way his players perform best.

Best of all, being from the area you would know, this was our final appearance at that sh*thole stadium with their dirt infield The next time we play the Raiders unless its in the SB will be in Vegas.

Go Rams!

Comment

Great start for the season! I had to watch the replay because I'm on the east coast. Second half was fantastic !!!

Comment

It was amazing the time that Goff had to throw. I heard two descriptions to sum it up...one, he had enough time to order a pizza or two, he had enough time to knit a sweater. Either way, you give a QB enough time, good things happen.
        "The disappointment of losing is huge!"

Jack Youngblood

Comment

Originally posted by macrammer View Post
          Rams survived the Black Hole and came away with a victory. While Rams were far from perfect, they persevered and came out on top:

1) Half time adjustments. MoonJoe pointed this out to me in the first half. We agreed the Rams are so much more prone to making the right adjustments at halftime. This game was truly a tale of two halves. 23-0 in 2nd half. At one point, Carr had 4 yds passing before garbage time after 199 yards in first half. Goff alluded in interview on filed how the Rams perform strongly in 3rd qtr.

....The First half had the Raiders playing with passion...my guess is they ran out of gas and spent the 2nd half in trench warfare

2) Offensive line. Other then a holding call, this unit performed so well. Goff was virtually untouched all game. Whitworth was dominating as was Saffold. Great game for this unit

....I can't believe this is the Rams OL...TWO YEARS and the OL can protect the QB....Fisher couldn't get it done in 4

3) Gurley. This guy is a gem and I am so glad Fisher drafted him. He gets the tough yards, delivers ferocious hits to the secondary, and is down right fast and cagey. He gives us a huge play action options. Did you see the THREE Raiders all take a step toward Todd onl to have Goff hit Cooper for the TD as Kupp slid in behind LB's.......

....one of the few things good coming out of the Fisher Era...The Rams need a almost as good as Gurley so he has plenty in the tank come the playoffs

4) Penalties Raiders HELD like crazy.......could have called holding on each snap. Still, I think there were four holding calls on Raiders. Cooks was too easy for them and he was able to get two significant PI calls.

....and if the Raiders didn't hold, Carr would be in ICU on life support... give up 10 yards or give up your QB...now the Raider False Starts that because the Rams have some serious buriers up front. Holding and False Starts negate gains opponents get against the defense--in many ways its like having to get 15-to-20 yards to get a first down which plays toward another Ram strength, better field position

5) Hekker and Leg......Hekker had a 62 yard punt that put the Raiders deep in their territory. Rams held and got the ball back at almost mid-field. Leg missed a FG but hit a key 55 yd with game somewhat in doubt still.......

Fisher football needed a kicking game to win, the Rams are not so reliant on the kicker to win....of course there will be those games where kicking long Field Goals and deep punts will be the difference this season, but tis refreshing to see the Rams score Touchdowns
          You can add something that is over looked... Confidence. The Rams seemed never to doubt themselves that they where going to score or that they where going to move the ball. Some would call that swagger--but I think swagger comes after you win and knowing your going to do it again. Didn't see any panic with the players, didn't notice any worry on the Rams faces--it just seemed that they would acknowledge losing a battle but knowing they where going to win the war

Comment

Working...
          X