Ficken is no longer Kickin for the Rams

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ficken is no longer Kickin for the Rams

Rams waived Ficken today and signed Cairo Santos, former Chiefs kicker. At least this guy has a few years of NFL experience and should hopefully be able to make the easy ones and not kick off out of bounds.

Ramming speed to all

general counsel

Cairo Santos, temp worker for the Rams. Hopefully with better accuracy and production than Ficken.

Santos, little Brazilian guy at 5-8" and 160 lbs.

Click image for larger version

Name:	cairo4.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	29.9 KB
ID:	823288

Comment

Is this the guy that they named the famous soccer team for in Brazil?

ramming speed to all

general counsel

Comment

Two troubling parts to this story for me. First, I get why they brought him back this year - they signed him up last year. But I don’t get why they signed him in the first place. Going to the playoffs and you hang your hat on inexperience? Never was enamored with that decision. Second, after rehabbing all off-season, how does a kicker pull a hammy? Frankly, regardless of rehab, how does any kicker pull any leg muscle? (Yeah, I get it – possible awkward slip). But really? It’s like a pitcher bailing on a season because of “arm fatigue”. If you’re only job is to swing a leg, how does one not have a training regime in place that provides both strength and flexibility – especially if you’re trying to get back in shape from back surgery.

Comment

Originally posted by adarian_too View Post
          Two troubling parts to this story for me. First, I get why they brought him back this year - they signed him up last year. But I don’t get why they signed him in the first place. Going to the playoffs and you hang your hat on inexperience? Never was enamored with that decision. Second, after rehabbing all off-season, how does a kicker pull a hammy? Frankly, regardless of rehab, how does any kicker pull any leg muscle? (Yeah, I get it – possible awkward slip). But really? It’s like a pitcher bailing on a season because of “arm fatigue”. If you’re only job is to swing a leg, how does one not have a training regime in place that provides both strength and flexibility – especially if you’re trying to get back in shape from back surgery.
          Don't know---didn't play K

Was asked to try kicking and best I could average was 25-30yards and it took forever for the ball to come down, so I remained a DT....but that was a weak link going through HS playing---the kicking game but there is a science to kicking--just don't know what it is

Comment

This thread title deserves a digital slow clap.

Comment

Thank Ficken for that. I've never really been one for going in hard on players, but I couldn't stand this guy playing for the Rams. And how he feels like he is good enough to make a living out of the sport is beyond me. I see where Peyton Manning was coming from now, so I hope the penny has finally dropped because idiots like him will cost someone their job.

Comment