Week 6 Rams @ Broncos predictions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Week 6 Rams @ Broncos predictions

In another AFC West match up, third in six weeks, the Rams travel to snowy Denver for week 6. Yes, 1-3 inches of snow expected earlier in day with a high of 30 degrees. The Broncos are 2-3 but do possess the top rushing attack in the NFL at 137 yds per game. At this point, it is not 100% certain Rams will have their top WR's playing. Kupp and Cooks still in concussion protocol. Ram lead this rare match up 8-5.......

Can we overcome the weather and get to 6-0??

We are rolling.......and will still be rolling......

Rams 31
    Broncos 21

What say you?
    Last edited by macrammer; -10-10-2018, 08:37 AM.

From what I have been seeing, I will go...

Rams 35
    Bronc's 31
    "The disappointment of losing is huge!"

Jack Youngblood

Comment

More worried about the altitude than the frost, but it won't be nice for our boys either way.

If the Rams offense can put together a good few drives early, the negativity currently permeating the Broncos will fester, giving the Rams a chance to run away with it. If the Broncos defense gets some stops, then that may give their crowd and offense a chance to start lighting things up. My fear is that the cold (and perhaps WR unavailability) will make the Rams start slow...turning this one into another shootout.

However, I'm betting my previous prediction (on another thread) of a Rams loss here is wrong, and that Peters can correct his play and limit Case from blowing up too much... and the LB's do a better job with their tackling, giving Lindsay a hard time meeting his 5+ per carry avg.

So... here's to hoping the cold and altitude don't bite us and gives a down on their luck Broncos a chance to shine.

Rams- 30
      Untrained horses- 20
      Last edited by KoaKoi; -10-11-2018, 12:24 PM.

Comment

I have to say that I am concerned about this one. We can't win them all (can we?), and this could be a "trap" game. Denver is desperate after losing 3 in a row, it will be cold and maybe snowy, the air is thin, and Denver has a very good running game. We don't yet know whether both Cooks and Kupp will be cleared to play.

I'm going to chicken out and guess both scenarios. A Rams' victory has their defense playing much better against the run, and is something like 31-13.

A Broncos' victory has the Rams slowed down by the elements and a good day for the Broncos D and Von Miller, and the Rams again unable to stop the run, and is something like 24-21.

Again, I smell trap. So, for official purposes, consider my prediction the Broncos' victory scenario. But I obviously won't be hoping for that, and will be happy to be wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Seacone View Post
          We can't win them all (can we?), .
          I suppose no, we cannot....but i would love to see a 7-0 start and think it is doable.........The weather is my concern here..........These guys can handle the altitude for one game IMO.......

Comment

On my prediction thread, I have this as a loss .................................... however, its now a push ;)

Comment

Originally posted by RamDez View Post
              On my prediction thread, I have this as a loss .................................... however, its now a push ;)
              Right, I have it a loss also... but like you, I've backed away from that. It's gotten so bad, the Denver defense is having player only meetings... lots of problems up there. And then there's the qb controversy about whether Case Keenum is the guy for them moving forward (sound familiar?) over their late round pick from last year. That's why I believe if the Rams can play a sharp first half, they have a chance to put them away early to where the elements won't come into play. If they let the Broncos stay alive early, it could be messy all around.

Comment

if there is going to be some snow, I would like to see a few new running packages put in for this game. perhaps a couple designed plays for John Kelly the way we did for Tavon.

anyway, as for a prediction, I worry that our LB's have been exposed and if you can get past the D'line you may be off to the races.

I see a few blown plays on D keeping the Broncos in this one. 27-24 someone. hopefully it's the Rams.

Comment

Injuries and weather will be our opponents this week.

I really hate to say this...but...

Rams 23
                  Broncos 21

Way too close.
                  temp_4394_1467243487543_20
                  RAMS!

Comment

It's funny reading this topic and seeing ads for Denver fan gear.

If weather becomes an issue, the running game will be especially important. Rams win a squeeker 24-21.

Comment

I see a blow out. After last week's close call, McVay will want to make a statement, so the offense won't let up. Cooks will be back. Regarding the weather, that won't stop Gurley. Denver in October isn't exactly the ice bowl. We will worry about the weather if we must travel to Philly or Green Bay in January in the playoffs.

42-27, Rams

Comment

Given the state of the defense my only prediction is Rams win.
                        :helmet:

Comment

I'm thinking 34-20 Rams. Sort of hoping for the snow to have an effect and Gurley goes wild.

Comment

Rams have a solid running game...the bronco's have a spotty ground game--best thing for snow

But honestly its not going to be the snow at all--most likely it will not be snowing, the field will be under a tarp the night before so I am thinking its a snowball hype. What will be an issue is cooler air and altitude. I don't recall if the Broncos have an indoor practices field or not, so I can't say if there is a weather edge or not...but as far as a weather edge--hey its the first real snow of the season for the broncos too; thus if there is a perfect time to play in a snowy Denver, this is the time

Even with injured WR, what remains of the Rams offense is on par with the best the Broncos offense has to offer up. But Denver has a weak spot...Keenum...the system he is in doesn't fit him well and tis showing on the field. Would be great if the vaunted Rams defense finally makes an appearance and drops the hammer on Denver, but am not holding my breath

Rams 36
                            Denver 26

Comment

Rams- 36
                              Broncos- 31

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• dgr828
                                4 Months Til Openning Day / Rams Vs. Broncos
                                dgr828
                                May 10, 2006

It Is Now Exactly 4 Months (or 123 Days) Until The First Game Of The Regular Season For The Saint Louis Rams.
                                They Will Host The Denver Broncos, Sunday September 10, 2006 At The EDWARDJONES Dome.

How Do The Rams Match Up With The Broncos?
                                (Is It Too Early To Tell?)

Any Predictions?

Are You Ready For Some Football?! (The Linehan Era)

Do You Feel The Rams Are Back In The Mix For 2006?

Remember What Happened Openning Day For The Rams In 2005? (San Francisco Fortyniners)

Is Everyone Counting The Days?
                                -05-10-2006, 12:44 AM
                              • Zero Cool
                                first game against denver 9/10
                                Zero Cool
                                the question has probably been asked a lot, but im so excited and cant wait for the season to start. i want to see how we come out and play against the broncos. do you guys think we have a shot to win?
                                -08-03-2006, 11:23 PM
                              • RamWraith
                                Turnovers help Rams get better of Broncos
                                RamWraith
                                By Kathleen Nelson
                                ST. LOUIS POST-DISPATCH
                                Monday, Sep. 11 2006

The Denver Broncos had been a stingy bunch. Last season, the team coughed up
                                just 16 giveaways, least in the league. They were in a generous mood Sunday,
                                though, when they committed five turnovers in an 18-10 loss to the Rams.

The secret to the Rams' success was no secret, according to the Broncos. They
                                saw no new scheme hatched by coordinator Jim Haslett and perfected in practices
                                closed to the media last week.

"They just played good, solid defense," Broncos coach Mike Shanahan said,
                                "everything that Jim's been doing for a number of years and that they did in
                                preseason, nothing different from what we've seen. They got the job done, and
                                we didn't."

The Rams wreaked most of their havoc on Broncos quarterback Jake Plummer, who
                                threw three interceptions, fumbled once and earned a passer rating of 26.3. He
                                expects fans to grumble louder for rookie QB Jay Cutler, a first-round pick
                                from Vanderbilt with whom he enjoyed a spirited rivalry in camp.

"Three interceptions: I'm sure they're going to want him to start," Plummer
                                said. "They don't make the calls. Mike Shanahan does, so I'm going to get back
                                and work hard and regroup."

Denver could have trailed 24-0 late in the first half, after giving away an
                                interception and two fumbles. Instead, the Broncos' defense held the Rams to 12
                                points and gave Denver's alternating backs a chance to shine.

Shanahan used Tatum Bell on the game's opening series, then switched between
                                him and Mike Bell with each possession. Mike struck first, rushing six times
                                and catching two passes for 31 yards on the Broncos' first scoring drive,
                                making the score 12-7 late in the first half. Tatum took over in the third
                                quarter, rushing for 57 yards and leading the Broncos' drive for a field goal
                                that cut the Rams' lead to 15-10 early in the fourth. Tatum finished with 103
                                yards on 15 carries; Mike rushed 10 times for 58 yards.

"I thought that went fairly well," Shanahan said. "I felt very good about going
                                against that type of defense and gaining some tough yardage."

Shanahan and the Broncos agreed that despite a successful ground game, Denver's
                                saving grace was the defense, which prevented the Rams from scoring a touchdown
                                on five chances inside the 20. The defense, though, took little solace from the
                                praise.

"Everyone's saying we played good, keeping ourselves in the game," safety John
                                Lynch said. "But that's not our standard. We play to do what they did to our
                                offense today. So, we've got to get better, too."
                                -09-11-2006, 06:46 AM
                              • evil disco man
                                A Look at the Opponent - Denver
                                evil disco man
                                Saturday, September 9, 2006

By Nick Wagoner
                                Senior Writer

Not many people saw the Denver Broncos coming last season. Heading into the 2005 year, the San Diego Chargers were the chic pick to win the NFC West Division and perhaps make a Super Bowl run.

For those not favoring the Chargers, the Kansas City Chiefs were the sleeper team capable of doing big things. When all was said and done, the Broncos had surged to a 13-3 record and an appearance in the AFC Championship game before falling to the eventual Super Bowl champion Steelers.

Nobody is going to make the same mistake again this season. The Broncos are widely considered one of the favorites in the AFC West and perhaps to go even further this year.

After an eventful offseason a year ago saw the Broncos revamp their defensive line, this offseason brought the addition of a major offensive weapon and a quarterback for the future. The rest of the pieces are already in place.

Quarterback Jake Plummer took a big step forward last season, going from erratic to consistent. Plummer put up career bests in almost every major passing category, finishing with 3,366 yards and 18 touchdowns with just seven interceptions for a rating of 90.2.

Plummerís emergence had been years in the making, but was the main reason for the Broncosí return to the playoffs. Should Plummer falter, the Broncos made a big move in the NFL Draft in adding Vanderbilt quarterback Jay Cutler.

Cutler has proved to be wise beyond his years and extremely talented in the preseason and could be ready to step in should Plummer get hurt or struggle.

In addition to Plummerís passing exploits, the Broncos continued their tradition of posting big numbers in the rushing attack. No matter whom the team plugs into the starting running back job, he always seems to post big numbers. Thatís why the Broncos felt comfortable parting with last yearís leading rusher, Mike Anderson, in the offseason.

The competition for the starting job has been heated in training camp. Undrafted rookie Mike Bell is the leader for the job, but speedy Tatum Bell figures in the mix. Despite Plummerís advancements in the passing game a season ago, the Broncos lacked a big-play receiver to complement the guile and grit of veteran leader Rod Smith. Smith returns after another in a long line of good seasons, but in an effort to boost the passing game, Denver traded for Green Bay receiver Javon Walker.

Walker was the teamís big offseason addition after the Broncos flirted with the idea of signing Terrell Owens. Walker is coming off a serious knee injury, but when healthy is one of the leagueís most explosive receivers. Darius Watts, David Terrell and Charlie Adams also figure into the receiving mix.

At tight end, the Broncos went for youth by adding Tony Scheffler in the draft. Scheffler is an excellent...
                                -09-10-2006, 09:59 AM
                              • codeman123
                                The Weather In Denver
                                codeman123
                                Everyone knows Denver is a pretty cold place in November, and it should be between 30 and 40 degrees. There is also a small possibility that it could snow. Who do you guys think benefits from this?

The Rams have a short passing game and I think they can play their style in any weather. The Broncos have a very long, vertical passing attack with a mediocre run game. If that passing game gets taken away I think we benefit.
                                Lets hope Sam can gun it in the cold.
                                -11-24-2010, 06:30 PM
                              Working...
                              X