Ugly game??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ugly game??

That game last night sure got ugly. I was really thinking that somebody was going to get seriously hurt. I saw way to many cheap shots by both teams last night! I thought Warner was a goner for sure a couple times.

and then the refs...IIISSSSHHHH

Haslett's cry baby whining all night and him acting as bad as the fans were.

That was one of highest emotional leveled games I have seen in a long time.

Related Topics

Collapse

• clarasDK
    Rams beat seachickens 23-17; The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
    by clarasDK
    Good write up.

I think it was ugly that we accepted the penalty with the Seagulla on 4 and 10. Giving them a new (long) third down. I am pretty sure they would not have gone for it on 4 and 10.

Else great game.
    -12-28-2015, 01:39 AM
  • r8rh8rmike
    As Bad As Things Were Last Night, This Really Gave Me A Good Laugh
    by r8rh8rmike
    This had me rolling

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/vi...t-listen-video...
    -09-13-2016, 12:10 PM
  • general counsel
    Scizophrenic Rams lose to whiners 31-17; The Good, Bad and Ugly
    by general counsel
    Well, the Rams did it again. Flashes of brilliance, followed by incredible mistakes and incompetence. The Rams seem to continue to find new ways to lose, snatching defeat from the jaws of victory yet again. I appreciate that all of us are tired of the same old same old, but just for kicks, here is my weekly summary of the good, the bad and the ugly. This writeup will be shorter than past weeks, because while this exercise is both fun and theraputic for me, the entire situation is causing me to vomit.

The Good

First half running game- 75 yards
    First Half austin davis- 11-14-137 yards and a td
    Tre Mason's performance
    McLeod causing the fumble
    Cook was terrific in the first half.
    The Rams short yardage defense kept us in the game three times in the 4th quarter, including the goal line stand.
    We held the whiners to 5 first downs and 10 yards rushing in the first half
    Aaron Donald continues to show flashes, and has great upside.
    At least something of an improvement on the stupid penalties side (until the very end)

We looked good all night (i mean the uniforms). I defy anyone to tell me that they like the current uniforms better than the uniforms that we wore last night. It was also good to see the 1999 team in the building.

The Bad

Jake Long is a below average tackle at this point, let alone for the money

I can't wait until Boldin retires. He is a top 10 all time Ram killer if not top 5. I have the utmost respect for Boldin as a competitor, he is right up there with Ronnie Lott, Rhonde Barber, John Lynch, Jerry Rice, Staubach, Tarkenton, Gore, Walter Jones, and the great Adrian Wilson on my list of top respected Ram killers. We showed no capacity to cover the guy last night, and he now runs a 9.5 40 yard dash.

Lousy night for Hekker. Nowhere close to his best and got outclassed by Andy Lee.

How does Tavon Austin get one touch in the second half?

Austin Davis was not impressive in the second half. Sure, the protection wasnt great and the running game ceased to exist, but his accuracy wasnt good and he reacted to pressure when it wasnt there a number of times. His decision making wasnt good and until the field goal drive at the end, had one completion in multiple possessions. He was not on the same page with his receivers time and time again. The INT for a TD to clinch the game was a classic rookie mistake.

The Ugly

I dont believe that any person on this board (or any other NFL fan with a brain) would have believed that after 5 games the Rams would have a TOTAL OF ONE SACK (or for that matter that a healthy quinn would have zero). I believe that the one sack happened on a fumbled snap. We blitzed all night and just didnt get there. Its not just the front four, we all know that our secondary isnt exactly the...
    -10-14-2014, 02:47 PM
  • renrawtruk
    The Good, the Bad and the Ugly... on Defense
    by renrawtruk
    The Good:
    Cory Littleton.

The Bad:
    Everyone else

The Ugly:
    Marcus Peters...
    -10-08-2018, 03:49 PM
  • general counsel
    The Start of the Sapgs era: The Good, the bad and the Ugly
    by general counsel
    A new era in Rams football began today, but the results looked about the same as our last couple of years. There were some positives today, specifically the play of Laurianitis (14 tackles, 10 solo), but on the whole, the Rams were undisciplined and made many crucial errors that cost them any chance of winning this game. Lousy offensive line play and no functioning pass rush were certainly at fault today, but the key today was 10 penalties for 85 yards, including an inexcusable 12 men on the field penalty that negated the blocked field goal for a td that would have tied the game at 7 just before half.

The Good

Laurianitis performed very well. In addition to the 14 tackles, he also recovered a fumble. We have our middle linebacker for the next several years.
    Donnie Jones is just fantastic. What a weapon. 8 punts for a 50.8 average, two inside the 20, and one 60 yarder to the one yard line.
    OJ had an INT and a fumble recovery
    I thought wade played pretty well, especially given that we had no functional pass rush.
    Vrboda had 8 tackles and looked fine.
    Great blocked fg by ayu and runback by butler for the called back td

The Bad

Josh Brown missed an easy 37 yarder early in the game. No excuse.
    No pass rush at all.
    No functioning defense in the second half (see the 62 yard run and the 99 yard drive)
    Lousy offensive line play. If you look at the stats for jackson (67 yards) and bulger (191 yards) and take out the yardage in garbage time at the end, you will see that there was very very limited production out of the offense. We cant get the ball down the field as bulger will get killed (although bulger threw a nice ball in the first half that robinson couldnt pull down when it hit him directly on the shoulder pads)
    I have personally had it with incognito and his false starts and two personnel fouls. We arent even remotely good enough to give up yardage on stupid undisciplined penalties. I dont care anymore about his upset. This is a new era for the rams and i dont see cogs as a part of it.
    Why didnt spags go for the 52 yard field goal early on? Josh Brown should make that kick in those conditions 4 out of 5 times. Too conservative.

The ugly

12 men on the field costing us a td? Ugly, ugly, ugly.
    10 penalties (9 of which were in the first half when we had plenty of chances)
    2-12 on 3rd down is very ugly and it wont cut it.
    Allowing 8-15 on 3rd down to the other team is also ugly.
    Whats a ram game without at least one run of over 50 yards allowed (62 for a td)
    Less than 200 yards offense before garbage time at the very end
    Fumble on the opening kickoff return of the season? I dont see avery back there when he didnt do it all preseason. Too risky injury wise.

Bring on the Redskins, the Rams have a long long way to go. Its...
    -09-13-2009, 04:39 PM
Working...
X