Divisional Playoff 2019 Rams v Cowboys

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mh-i View Post
    The Rams run defense averages something like 5.1 yards per carry. That's pretty high. That gap needs to close dramatacally for the Rams to win this game OR the defense will need to force multiple turnovers. The 54 - 51 wins won't happen in the post season. This game rests on the shoulders of the front 7. The linebacker crew in particular will need to play the games of their lives. This game won't be a cake walk.
    I agree with you, unless the Rams offense pours it on strong and starts slaying it out the gates. If the Rams are up by 14 or more in the 1st half, Dallas is going to start relying on Dak's arm instead of Ezekiel's legs. Ultimately, if Goff and Gurley put em in a shootout, big d is done. That being said, that's not likely without Kupp, so the Rams had better contain and minimize Elliot's impact

Comment

[QUOTE=macrammer;n826156]
      Originally posted by MoonJoe View Post

home field advantage working for us.

Hey Joe,

I know you will be there rooting your heart out. I am thinking 60/40 split between Ram fans and Cowboy fans at the game? What do you think?
      Media is reporting 70/30 Rams favor which I agree with. The biggest presence in the last three years has been The Packers and then Philly. However, the better we have gotten, the less opposing fans have showed up and the ladies have gotten prettier! Most of the Cowboy fans I have spoken to this week have said they donít think the boys will win and they donít want to spend the money that some people are asking for tickets. The Rams fans will be Rocking this one!

"The disappointment of losing is huge!"

Jack Youngblood

Comment

Originally posted by KoaKoi View Post
        I know you didn't ask me, but it's hard to say Mac. The problem I'm seeing is a lot of Rams fans are selling their tickets for huge profit to all the Cowgirl fans (there's loads of them in socal). There'll be a fair share of them, unfortunately. I'll try to root extra hard to counter them, ok?!
        Perfecto!!!! I know all of my Ramily there at the game will be rooting hard for them! I will be thinking fo you guys !!

Comment

With Talib playing the Rams defense has been a different all year.Throw this consideration plus the fact that we've changed from pure man coverage to a combo of Man and zone coverage schemes and the opposing QBs cannot just use man beater routes. I truly feel the week off will give Whitworth, Sullivan, Barron, Suh and all the veterans a little extra energy. Lastly, the addition of CJ Anderson will help sprinkle some extra runs/play action plays with Gurley used a decoy or even resting. The Rams clearly missed a 2nd RB in the PHI and CHI games when Gurley was not 100%. This depth will play dividends this week.

Rams- 37
          Cowboys- 24

Comment

Originally posted by KoaKoi View Post

I agree with you, unless the Rams offense pours it on strong and starts slaying it out the gates. If the Rams are up by 14 or more in the 1st half, Dallas is going to start relying on Dak's arm instead of Ezekiel's legs. Ultimately, if Goff and Gurley put em in a shootout, big d is done. That being said, that's not likely without Kupp, so the Rams had better contain and minimize Elliot's impact
            It certainly will help if Dallas can't stop the Rams offense early. I would think that whoever scores first has a real advantage. I'm sure both teams want to make the other one dementional. If we see a first play of the game where Dallas tackles Gurley 5 yards behind the line of scrimage ala the Eagles game then we're in trouble. Same with them if the Rams do the same.
            :helmet:

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• macrammer
              Rams V Cowboys Predictions
              macrammer
              A great history between these two teams. In the 70's, Rams and Cowboys squared off in the playoffs a number of times. I remember the 28-0 drubbing the Cows handed us in the '78 Championship game. I also remember the revenge we got a year later beating them 21-19 in divisional game as we made our way to SB XIV.....

We have dropped three in a row. I can see no other better message to send to the league then to beat the Cows on their turf. This Rams team is different.

My prediction

Rams 24
              Cows 20

What do you think?
              -09-27-2017, 05:32 PM
              How 'Bout them cowboys!!!!!
              I was working last night and didnt see any of it. I just got up at 4am eastern time to go out and run my 8 miles and i checked espn and low and behold, i see we are back in first place!!!!!

And we think that we have problems on defense!!! The seahawks are a mess.

We need to beat carolina. One week at a time. We control our own destiny.

ramming speed to all, this is really great news.

general counsel
              -12-07-2004, 02:19 AM
            • general counsel
              Rams vs dallas, keys to the game
              general counsel
              Well, the Rams get dallas. All games generally get decided by turnovers and red zone conversions, but what is special about this upcoming playoff game in addition to those two always critical factors?

First, dallas just completely shut down the #1 rushing offense in the nfl this weekend against the chickens. Can we run the ball enough to take pressure off Goff and make play action effective?

Second, can we stop the run enough to force prescott to beat us rather than letting them pound elliott over and over on us?

Third, which team can do a better job protecting their qb and giving them time to throw?

Fourth, I hope Talib is ready to deal with Cooper. He is a key weapon for them and their offense improved dramatically after they acquired him.

Finally and critically, I really hope that Goff and McVay are ready to take what the defense gives them. Get the ball into gurley's hands in the passing game if need be and make sure that we are prepared to throw screens, slants and quick drops to get the ball out of Goff's hands so its not all 7 step drops.

Let's remember that dallas beat new orleans earlier this year on the road with a terrific defensive effort. It's the playoffs so you certainly can't expect any easy opponents. I think if we bring our A game we are going to win.

Ramming speed to all

general counsel
              1 week ago
            • AlphaRam
              9/30: Rams vs Cowboys in Dallas
              AlphaRam
              I had a thread about this game but I couldn't find it.

There were a number of people that were going to that game. We got BigRedMan coming in for the game.

We (PA_gal and I) will be arriving Saturday and leaving Monday. We are going to seek out the Rocky Horror Picture Show on Saturday at midnight.

Anyway, everyone check-in that will be attending so that we can get together on saturday before the game, or after the game.
              -08-04-2007, 04:59 PM
            • general counsel
              Lets go cowboys! rams playoffs
              general counsel
              our quest for the playoffs is BIG TIME effected by the cowboys eagles game tomorrow night. I just read that if philly wins, the saints clinch second seed. If i read that correctly, this is a must win for the cowboys from our perspective. we need the saints to beat carolina next week and they will do it if they have something to play for. It would dramatically reduce our chances if carolina is playing to get in and the saints have nothing on the line and an incentive to rest injured guys.

Romo, romo, romo and ramming speed to all

general counsel
              -12-24-2006, 10:49 PM
            Working...
            X