Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• macrammer
    replied
    I felt something special would transpire today IMO the fake field goal was turning point. I was down at the 13-0 mark and having to punt away.

Leave a comment:

• OmahaJason
    replied
    Not worried about the calls. Rams have the advantage in personel, but today is the day to be SMART. Play a clean game!

Leave a comment:

• isaacbruce4ever
    replied
    We cannot afford any stupid mistakes, Marcus Peters and special teams have been prone to such. It may only take one to be the difference in the game.

The wildcard is the officiating crew. If they bias to NO, we may not have a chance, especially no calls on O line holding or ticky-tack PI calls.

Leave a comment:

• MoonJoe
    replied
    I think the Saints are nervous about this one. When the head coach asks for the crowd to specifically yell at a certain time, he is worried. At this point it is either teams game, but I think the edge goes to the Rams with lack of injuries. They just need to execute and McVay canít take too many risks.

Leave a comment:

• bruce4life
    replied
    Rams- 30
    Saints- 28

Leave a comment:

• Nick
    replied
    The Rams' defense is gaining some momentum over the last couple of weeks. They had a confidence boost against some weak opponents to finish the season, and I thought played a solid game against the Cowboys, especially against the run. Meanwhile, the Saints' offense has cooled near the end of the season, averaging 19.2 points per game over the last six games, That doesn't mean they won't be on fire at home in a conference title game; I expect they'll come out guns blazing. But it means they can be shut down, and I think the Rams' pass rush and improved secondary with Talib being back have the potential to change this formula from how thing went in the first showing.

Meanwhile, the loss of Rankins on the Saints defense should give the Rams a better opportunity to run the ball against an otherwise stout run defense. The addition of Anderson to the Rams' running game is another twist since the first match-up, and provides a second punch to help keep Gurley fresh and able to do his best work. Another piece for Sean McVay to play with is the last thing Saints fans wanted to see, and if the Rams can establish the run to help maintain possession of the ball and keep New Orleans off the field, then they'll be that much closer to winning.

Home field advantage is going to be big, but I think the Rams have a good chance of coming out of this one with a win if they can keep their composure and execute.

Rams 27
    Saints 21

Leave a comment:

• WhoDat!656
    replied
    Originally posted by gap View Post

Easy to hang 21 points in a qtr when the ref is one of your biggest cheerleaders and takes the ball away from the other team and gives it to you. Oh, and the refs hit the RAMS for the first 3 called penalties. And the penalties ended up being 5 against LA and 3 against NO. And one of those three was a meaningless taunting that didn't change field position. The refs also neutralized the potent RAMS pass rush by allowing the Saints OL to hold all game long without calling it once. It's easy for a QB (especially one as great as Breeze {one of my all-time faves}) to pick apart a secondary when he has 5 seconds to throw the ball because his OL is using WWE take-downs to keep the DL away.

As great as the Saints are, they only won that game because the refs provided a beautiful assist.

gap
    Want some guvment cheese with that whine?

Leave a comment:

• gap
    replied
    Originally posted by WhoDat!656 View Post

Bake a pie, eat a pie. Every team can point to missed/bad calls that refs blew.

Doesn't explain how the Saints hung 21 points in a quarter on the Rams in that game.
    Easy to hang 21 points in a qtr when the ref is one of your biggest cheerleaders and takes the ball away from the other team and gives it to you. Oh, and the refs hit the RAMS for the first 3 called penalties. And the penalties ended up being 5 against LA and 3 against NO. And one of those three was a meaningless taunting that didn't change field position. The refs also neutralized the potent RAMS pass rush by allowing the Saints OL to hold all game long without calling it once. It's easy for a QB (especially one as great as Breeze {one of my all-time faves}) to pick apart a secondary when he has 5 seconds to throw the ball because his OL is using WWE take-downs to keep the DL away.

As great as the Saints are, they only won that game because the refs provided a beautiful assist.

gap

Leave a comment:

• WhoDat!656
    replied
    Originally posted by gap View Post

I fixed that for you.

Hekker's first down being called short, and then Bill Vinovich doubled down on his bias and said replay didn't dispute that, was a MAJOR change in the direction of that game and more than likely changed the outcome of the game in the Saint's favor. Bill Vinovich will be the single biggest factor (again) in the Saint's winning this game.

gap
    Bake a pie, eat a pie. Every team can point to missed/bad calls that refs blew.

Doesn't explain how the Saints hung 21 points in a quarter on the Rams in that game.

Leave a comment:

• gap
    replied
    Don't think that the Dallas game is the schematic for the rams. If the rams DL is able to get pressure on Brees, Bill Vinovich will quickly make adjustments. Saints playoff record against the rams will go to 2-0! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xtns7mTdhQ
    I fixed that for you.

Hekker's first down being called short, and then Bill Vinovich doubled down on his bias and said replay didn't dispute that, was a MAJOR change in the direction of that game and more than likely changed the outcome of the game in the Saint's favor. Bill Vinovich will be the single biggest factor (again) in the Saint's winning this game.

gap

Leave a comment:

• WhoDat!656
    replied
    It will be so noisy in the Superdome that the Rams can forget about audibling

Leave a comment:

• NJ Ramsfan1
    replied
    As usual in these games, there is not just one key to victory. It lies in the Rams effectively being able to do what they do best on both sides of the football while preventing New Orleans from doing the same. Simplistic, yet true.

Defensively, guys who have been assembled and paid handsomely must put Brees under duress. Our corners- who were brought over here to be difference makers need to do just that. Peters in particular needs to put the big boy pants on. We must play a smart game through good recognition and coverage- none of this stuff where we leave guys wide open to do damage. Brees shredded us the first time: have we learned a lesson?"

Goff has grown as a QB but has struggled in spots, especially when pressured. He needs to be at his best here. Our line must give him adequate time to throw. Gurley and Anderson must establish themselves to open up effective play-action possibilities. EVERY RECEIVER must contribute. Red zone opportunities must be turned into touchdowns.

Can the youth of Goff and McVay overcome the experience of Brees and Payton? This will be a tremendous test.

Rams 33
    Saints 29

Leave a comment:

• Ewreck
    replied
    Goff is terrible on the road. His QB rating on the road is like night and day from when he's at home in LA.
    I'll take 13-3 every year for the rest of his career with the Rams.

Leave a comment:

• JPPT1974
    replied
    Yeah as really Goff needs to bring his A Game there.

Leave a comment:

• WhoDat!656
    replied
    Goff is terrible on the road. His QB rating on the road is like night and day from when he's at home in LA.

Leave a comment:

Related Topics

Collapse

• macrammer
    Rams v Saints Predictions
    by macrammer
    Happy Thanksgiving to all US Rams fans

Saints are in town this week. Rams lead the series against this former NFC West foe, 40-33. Last year, the Saints whupped on the Rams 49-21.....I think this year;

Rams 30
    Saints 24

What do you think?...
    -11-23-2017, 06:29 AM
  • macrammer
    Week 9 Rams @ Saints Predictions
    by macrammer
    The 8-0 Rams are on the road to take on the 6-1 New Orleans Saints this week. Past divisional foes for over 30 years, the Rams lead the series 41-33 including a victory last year. This is the 5th game whereby the Rams face a top 10 offense as the Saints rank 10th. Having been victorious over the Packers (3rd) Chargers (7th) Minnesota (8th) Denver 9 (th), can the Rams come out on top in the Big Easy?

It will be a tough tough road game.

Rams 34
    Saints 27

What say you?
    -10-31-2018, 07:57 AM
  • FirebirdRamsam
    Will the Saints go marching on???
    by FirebirdRamsam
    Whew...........what a game. I mean, we actually played a game so dominating without our mvp feature running back that it was almost un-believable. Coach Martz must have read my previous message reading: Take out your top mvp players if you are ahead in points!!! DUH! You don't want the risk injury to your top players if you want to make it to the superbowl do you???

The game against the Jets was a classic. I think Martz finally learned just how good Canidate is and also learned that by taking out Warner towards the end of the game, perhaps will extend the life span of probably the greatest QB ever to play the game!

I think the Giants game of last week was a very good learning experience that perhaps will prepare this team for its final hurdle down the streach as it reaches the playoffs.

Before I talk about the Saints, I have to congratulate Trung for such an inspired game day. I think that if Trung can remain healthy, this will bring to the table an even more diobiolical offensive game plan than previously before. Trung was truely awesome and perhaps made the Jets seem like a one engine propeler with an oil leak making a kamakazi nose dive

Trung was all over the field playing all kinds of positions, the play that turned the entire game into a mis match was Trung playing QB, I think that the Jets at that point should have either tossed in the white flag or made an s.o.s. call. Remember, this was really Trung's first real start, if he gets better (is that possible) I think that they might outlaw the Rams from playing in the NFL!

This sundays game against the Saints will be very very interesting. Remember, on any given sunday, any team can win and for some reason, the saints gives me alot of worries. They are not a great team yet their coach pushes them to be the best they can be each sunday and if you all remember last year, the Saints had some of our numbers. Yet this year is different, we are rid of the cancer (ie:carter) which now gives our team an edge over the Saints due to our newly formed fearsome 8-some. Will the saints go marching on??? I firebirdRamsam predict no, the Rams will win, yet it will be a type of giants vs. Rams game. Due to our defensive improvements and having Trung as a backup if Marshall is still not feeling 100%, this will alow the Rams to beat the Saints by 10 points, the score will be around 21 to 17.

FirebirdRamsam:cool:
    -10-22-2001, 05:39 PM
  • FirebirdRamsam
    The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly.
    by FirebirdRamsam
    The good.......there was very little in the saints game.
    The bad.........there was alot!!!
    The Ugly........ditto!!!

I was kind of afraid that the saints were going to pull off a victory. If anyone read my last post which read: Will the saints go marching on. It talks about a possibility of them having our number. For some reason the team plays with added intense due to their coach and team mates being fired up since we have been ex-superbowl winners who have won with bull **** flee flickers and screens and fancy plays. The saints coach seems to think that we are a bunch of crap players with crappy non-football plays.

Truth is, the Rams beat the Rams fair and square!!! We lost the game due to silly penaltys, fumbles, interceptions, costly errors, un-special teams, blown plays and a missed field goal. If we played error free football or at least hanged on to the ball without giving it away with our fumbles and interceptions, we would have won yet as murphy's law plays out so many sundays, it was a game of 'what can go wrong will go wrong' and to think that the Rams are exempt from murphys law is wrong! It was bound to happen and I say good, why?

Well, lets just say that the next time we play the saints on their turf, it will be a different game. We should learn from our mistakes and hopefully on the next meeting, we will be playing with a healthy Faulk, and fumbleless game, a zero interception, a game plan that will have many flee flickers, trick plays so that it will inferiate the saints coach and perhaps a few on side kicks to boot ;-). I think that the Rams have learned a valuable experience of this loss and that if they can bounce back and play with added aggression due to this loss, perhaps this will propel them into the nfc playoffs.

This game against the saints truely was a horror film for the players as well as the fans and we didn't even get to see georgia for her halloween yearly appearance :mask: , darn!!! I believe that we see the saints mid december again. I will hope that we will bring with us a more intense game plan and an error free game in the georgia dome so that it can erase this bad taste that this last game left. And I hope that Martz will remember what the saint's coach said about the Rams and their so called plays so that he can fire up the team to seek revenge. I honestly don't think that the saints coach should be talking smack until he takes his team to the big dance and wins the big one! Rememeber, we walked the walk and can talk the talk since we are a past victorious superbowl team.

We now have a 'bye' week to rest, gather our thoughts and hopefully allow Faulk to return with 100% healed on his knee.
    I predict a victory againt Carolina after the return from the bye week yet I will go out on a limb and predict.......no.....wait........
    I guarantee a victory (IE: Joe Namath/broadway Joe) against the...
    -10-29-2001, 05:45 PM
  • MoonJoe
    So you're saying we have a chance?
    by MoonJoe
    I cannot recall being so much on the edge of my seat since the GSOT. I have watched the Rams do some amazing things, and I have seen them make mistakes, but overall to me this team has done a real good job at game planning and adjustments. Overall the feeling is that the Saints will be victorious because of Drew Brees and the fact they will be at home. I pulled the predictions below on Friday as I thought about this post thinking wow, not many are giving us a chance:

Sam Farmer LA Times Saints 31 - Rams 28
    Josh Katzenstein NOLA.com Saints 37 - Rams 32

ESPN
    Lindsey Thiry Saints 28 - Rams 24
    Mike Triplett Saints 29 - Rams 27
    Line Rams by 1, O/U 591/2

ESPN Overall Rankings
    Rams 1st, but the defense is 13th
    Saints 3rd defense ranks 29th

Football Outsiders - Special Teams
    New Orleans Saints - 9th
    Rams - 11th

So...The line was about 1, which the home team normally gets 3 just for being at home. That means the experts think the Rams are equal to the Saints in my mind. It also tells me that the home field advantage is not so strong for this game. Having seen the Rams beat Seattle at the "Thunderdome" and the Packers with their traveling noise squad at the Coliseum, I would have to agree with that.

The overall ratings above tell me at this point, we are the better offensive and defensive team, but not special teams. However those stats are harder to quantify to. Reason being is that GZ has been out and the stats I found were based on results, not potential.

I know we're still younger than Drew Brees and Sean Payton in the scale of football experience, BUT Jared is coming into his own and McVay can out think Payton. I think our defense is gelling and it is time for them to shine (maybe even more with the addition of Fowler). With Kupp back we now have the offense options needed and special teams knows how to win when called upon.

So what am I saying? I'm saying in my opinion I think we have too many weapons for them to defend.

Boys, I think we got a chance!...
    -11-04-2018, 06:13 AM
Working...
X