Question for the REALLY old timers on this board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for the REALLY old timers on this board

Trivia question for all, but most likely answer will come from someone that has been watching NFL football since the late 1960's/early 1960's. No googling allowed on this one.

What running back known as "The Human Bowling Ball" does CJ remind you of?

Ramming speed to all

general counsel

Ah googled it LOL

Comment

If you googled, you are disqualified from answering! We will see if anyone else gets it. I am betting on Jorge, i am confident he knows the answer to this one.

Ramming speed to all

general counsel

Comment

Ha. It sure rings a bell but - I - just - can't remember!

Comment

If Jorge does not know the answer, i will reveal! Baltimore colts running back Don Nottingham, aka The Human Bowling Ball. Google him, he ran just like CJ.

Ramming speed to all

general counsel

Comment

Interesting. And a good question too GC. Thanks for the trivia head scratcher.

Now that you've given us the clue, I've done a little research; sure enough, Nottingham played in the early 70s: Baltimore Colts from 1970-73; Miami Dolphins, '73-77.

Click image for larger version  Name:	51F4ITqqH1L._SY445_.jpg Views:	1 Size:	37.1 KB ID:	826412

The RB I was trying to remember (on the tip of my mental tongue), is Charlie Tolar: Houston Oilers from 1960-66.

Click image for larger version  Name:	s-l300.jpg Views:	1 Size:	19.7 KB ID:	826413

Both were indeed known as 'The Human Bowling Ball' in their respective eras.

Perhaps CJ Anderson will earn the same moniker with the 2018 Rams and knock down many a defensive bowling pin, starting now - well, actually 'two more games' this season.

Click image for larger version  Name:	LDN-L-RAMS-0113-KB53_28185191-1.jpg?w=534.jpg Views:	1 Size:	82.0 KB ID:	826414

Comment

I've been calling him Baby Bettis, cuz as a Rams fan who grew up watching in the 80's and 90's, that's who he reminds me of the most. His first start had me saying it. At the game against the Cowgirls, I was yelling it

Comment

Still hard to believe he was cut from two different teams this year. In 3 games with the Rams, he has 422 rushing yards. Holy smokes!
                Last edited by HUbison; -01-18-2019, 06:11 AM.
                The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Comment

Originally posted by KoaKoi View Post
                  I've been calling him Baby Bettis, cuz as a Rams fan who grew up watching in the 80's and 90's, that's who he reminds me of the most. His first start had me saying it. At the game against the Cowgirls, I was yelling it
                  He does remind me of Bettis KoaKoi!

"The disappointment of losing is huge!"

Jack Youngblood

Comment