Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mde8352gorams
    replied
    Perfect symmetry if you ask me. Revenge is a meal best served.....

Go Rams!

Leave a comment:

• Seacone
    replied
    The current Rams' players will have to get a history lesson to be aware of, and care about revenging a completely different group of players with a different home city. I'm sure that Warner, Bruce, Holt, Faulk, and others will be happy to come in talk about it. And it may be more relevant to the coming game because Brady and Belicik are still there and enjoying the run they started that season. But interesting to consider how much McVay wants to use a game from 17 years ago as part of his preparation and motivation for this game. McVay's process, which has obviously been extremely successful, seems to be very much based in staying focused on the present and the preparation work in front of the players that day.

This may be a narrative that we fans and the media enjoy, but I wonder how much McVay will buy in. We'll see, because I'm sure he will be asked about it (ad nauseum) in the pressers. My guess is that the team watches the former Rams-Pats SB, and is made aware there was controversy, but that McVay sees it as a distraction beyond that.

Leave a comment:

• Ewreck
    replied
    And Brady's still there. As much as I despise the Pats I envy their franchise. Rams will handle them this go round.

Leave a comment:

• jjigga3000
    replied
    Revenge is a platter best served cold.

Leave a comment:

• Curly Horns
    replied
    Bring It !!!

Leave a comment:

• Ram Dragoon
    replied
    Originally posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    Works for me. I was at the Superdome for SB 36 and want revenge for my worst moment in sports history. Bring 'em on.
    Actually the Rams loss to the Steelers was the worst...but avenge Super Bowl 36 first and next year avenge the loss to the Steelers. Haters have all the patience in the world when it comes to revenge

Leave a comment:

• RamFan_Til_I_Die
    replied
    This is the match up I have been wanting. Time for some revenge!

Leave a comment:

• OmahaJason
    replied
    Rams open as a one-point favorite. GZ ftw!

Leave a comment:

• r8rh8rmike
    replied
    Works for me. I was at the Superdome for SB 36 and want revenge for my worst moment in sports history. Bring 'em on.

Leave a comment:

• mh-i
    replied
    and something to measure thr footballs.

Leave a comment:

• NJ Ramsfan1
    replied
    Pats started their current run in that SB against the Rams. The perfect bookend and justice would be for us to end it forever in two weeks and exercise the demons from SB XXXVI

Leave a comment:

• mh-i
    replied
    We must avenge our fallen brothers.

Leave a comment:

• Nick
    started a topic It’s official - Super Bowl 36 Rematch Patriots vs. Rams

It’s official - Super Bowl 36 Rematch Patriots vs. Rams

SB 36 played February 3, 2002

SB 53 played February 3, 2019

17 years to the day!
    Last edited by Nick; -01-20-2019, 07:20 PM.

Related Topics

Collapse

• blood85
    Superbowl 36 Rams vs Patriots
    by blood85
    It's that time of year where I get to watch the Rams Lose SB 36 on NFL network. Still can't understand how the #1 Rated offense lost to the number #24 defense..???? I know it's old news, but still hard to think of what could have been. Blasted cheaters. :helmet:
    -01-27-2009, 05:42 PM
  • lordwhttgr
    Rams vs Patriots in SB
    by lordwhttgr
    Call me crazy, call me delirious, call me irresponsible. I think we have the best D in the league right now. I feel we can stop New York Giants in the playoffs. They get all screwed up when they face tough D. The Bears have no Offensive line what so ever. So that leaves me to who I think right now is the best team in the league. The Patriots. So my question is to you. CAN WE BEAT THE PATRIOTS IN DALLAS?
    -11-06-2010, 08:10 PM
  • Battering_RAMS
    Superbowl opponent?
    by Battering_RAMS
    Who do you want to play? Personally I want New England. I want to avenge our loss from Super Bowl XXXVI. Also I think our defense will have a better matchup with them. Go Rams!
    -01-20-2019, 05:34 PM
  • RamWraith
    Boston Herald-Possible Rams/Pats Superbowl Spygate?
    by RamWraith
    From th3 Boston Herald

Source: Pats employee filmed Rams

By John Tomase | Saturday, February 2, 2008 |

Photo by Nancy Lane
    PHOENIX - One night before the Patriots face the Giants in Super Bowl XLII, new allegations have emerged about a Patriots employee taping the Rams’ final walkthrough before Super Bowl XXXVI.

According to a source, a member of the team’s video department filmed the Rams’ final walkthrough before that 2002 game. The next day, the Patriots upset St. Louis, 20-17, on a last-second field goal by Adam Vinatieri for their first championship.

A walkthrough involves practicing plays at reduced speed without contact or pads. It is common for teams to film their own walkthroughs and practices.

When contacted last night, Patriots vice president of media relations Stacey James said: “The coaches have no knowledge of it.”

Yesterday, Sen. Arlen Specter (R-Pa.) stated that he plans to summon NFL commissioner Roger Goodell before Congress to explain why he destroyed tapes that showed the Patriots stealing defensive signals over the last two years.

After his state of the NFL press conference yesterday, Goodell was asked if the league’s investigation into the Pats included allegations that they recorded the Rams walkthrough in 2002.

“I’m not aware of that,” Goodell said.

“We have no information on that,” seconded NFL spokesman Greg Aiello.

According to a source close to the team during the 2001 season, here’s what happened. On Feb. 2, 2002, one day before the Patriots’ Super Bowl game against heavily favored St. Louis in New Orleans, the Patriots visited the Superdome for their final walkthrough.

After completing the walkthrough, they had their team picture taken and the Rams then took the field. According to the source, a member of the team’s video staff stayed behind after attending the team’s walkthrough and filmed St. Louis’ walkthrough.

At no point was he asked to identify himself or produce a press pass, the source said. The cameraman rode the media shuttle back to the hotel with news photographers when the Rams walkthrough was completed, the source said.

It’s not known what the cameraman did with the tape from there. It’s also not known if he made the recording on his own initiative or if he was instructed to make the recording by someone with the Patriots or anyone else.

The next day, the Patriots opened a 14-3 halftime lead on the Rams, who were 14-point favorites and operators of an offense known as “The Greatest Show on Turf.”

The Rams didn’t begin moving the ball until the fourth quarter, when their 14-point rally pulled the teams into a 17-17 tie with less than two minutes remaining. Tom Brady then led the most famous drive in Patriots history for the winning field goal.

The...
    -02-02-2008, 07:28 AM
  • RamWraith
    Rams sue Pats for 100 million!!
    by RamWraith
    From the Wallstreet Journal

February 15, 2008, 3:31 pm
    Former Ram, Others, Sue Patriots Over Alleged Videotaping
    Posted by Dan Slater

Super BowlTwo days after Roger Clemens tesified before Congress about alleged steroid use, allegations of illicit activities in sports stand to tarnish another dynasty.

Lawyers for a former St. Louis Ram, Willie Gary, and others filed a complaint today against the New England Patriots and the Patriots’ coach, Bill Belichick. Here’s a copy of the complaint. The suit, a putative class action filed in federal court in Louisiana, seeks more than $100 million (that’s not a typo) for alleged “fraudulent videotaping” of the Rams walk-through practice prior to the 2002 Super Bowl. In addition to Gary, the putative plaintiffs are ticket purchasers and the 72,922 attendees of the Super Bowl. Here’s an early story from the Boston Herald.

This suit is based on allegations that a team employee recorded the Rams walk-through practice on the Saturday before Super Bowl XXXVI at the Louisiana Superdome. The Patriots won the game 20-17. Here are earlier NYT stories (here and here) on the imbroglio.

The Patriots and the NFL have said there is no evidence that the 2002 taping occurred.
    -02-15-2008, 02:24 PM
Working...
X