McVay needs a strong, STUBBORN OC!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• McVay needs a strong, STUBBORN OC!!!

Today, the young genius looked outplayed at every turn. Sickening to be beaten so badly, and while I get that McVay is a strong personality with amazing recall, sometimes he can't get out of his own head DURING the game! McVay needs to have his playcalling checked in real-time, by someone he might actually listen to.

Hell of a season, but that Superbowl game was one of the worst I have ever seen, pure garbage. There will be some roster changes we can't control, but we CAN help McVay, and a real OC should be part of that.

The offensive line got abused, which didn't help. Not having Gurley completely disrupted our attack. McVay needs to find a way to win without Gurley and play action.

Comment

Originally posted by DE_Ramfan View Post
      The offensive line got abused, which didn't help. Not having Gurley completely disrupted our attack. McVay needs to find a way to win without Gurley and play action.
      Actually the OL did what it was suppose to do according to McVay's over all scheme---just the scheme had too many "tells" and ran into the teeth of a disciplined Patriots defense. I thought a week ago the solution was screen plays because the Patriots know when to come all out and have a tendency to pace themselves for those moments--It was so obvious the Patriots would come with pressure at anything 3rd and 5+ that an inside handoff was the right call--but it was ever called

Double TE formations with a weak side reverse played twice would have keep the Patriot defense honest--that wasn't called. And where the hell was the TE any way...it worked against the Saints.
      What the Patriots did was focus on the Rams/Bears game and used that as the foundation to play the Rams...almost play for play. All the Patriots had to do was disrupt the pass a little to give the secondary time to re-act to the ball--that's it. Gurley was a no show for much of the game--but even had he been central, the Patriots had a spy or a Robber shadowing Gurley to limit any passes thrown his way...the Patriots where willing to give up yards to the Rams' ground game, but where hell bent to stop the passing game. In an other post I said the Rams had to come at the Patriots with power and the game would come down to special teams....well

Damn looks like I was right

Comment

widgetinstance 232 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X