X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RamDez
    started a topic We were in the Superbowl

We were in the Superbowl

We were in the superbowl and our D was fantastic. yea, they ran out of gas in the end but man, I am proud of their effort. The O ran into a brick wall tonight. we had a few flashes but the pressure on Goff was on EVERY snap, not his fault he was being knocked down on nearly every snap.

I am proud we got there, shame we came up short.

GO DEM RAMS

• OmahaJason
    replied
    The Ram's showed up...and that's about it. We were outmatched, outplayed, and outcoached; and while I do appreciate where we are, I am pissed about this!

Worst Superbowl in a generation, so...grats!?

Leave a comment:

• NJ Ramsfan1
    replied
    Such mixed emotions. While I am grateful we got to the Super Bowl, my appreciation is tempered by our rotten performance. While a loss is a loss, if we'd played well, we could hang our hats on having simply been outplayed by a team who performed just a bit better than we did. But to watch a team who had such a great offense all season struggle mightily while our best player was a total non-factor is a bitter pill to swallow. Very similar in many ways to the last SB we played against them. And it was an awful Super Bowl to watch- no excitement, no scoring, no red zone opportunities.

Will take a LONG while to get over this one.

Leave a comment:

• ramsanddodgers
    replied
    Originally posted by bltkmt View Post
    Four Super Bowls, one win...batting .250 like a utility infielder. Frustrating.
    But they won 2 World Championships before the Super Bowl era, and are the ONLY team to win a championship in 3 different cities. Not a great thing to claim, but still a fact.

Wish they coulda made it FOUR cities yesterday...

Leave a comment:

• MoonJoe
    replied
    We had nothing to lose and everything to gain. 2 years away from 4 and 12 and in the Super Bowl...as Shane Falco famously said... “Yeah I can live with that!” I like where we’re going and our chances. Now I have 6 months to surf more and fix my golf game. Hope springs eternal.

Leave a comment:

• macrammer
    replied
    Great season Exciting, fun adn way better then Fisher/Spags/Han ball.........But i must say i was disappointed in our offensive game plan. I was expecting more from McVay.......

Leave a comment:

• Ewreck
    replied
    17 points against the Pats with the #1 offense.
    3 points against the Pats with the #2 offense.
    Obviously Bill B is a Jedi master over the offensive wizardry of Ram head coaches that last names start with M.
    Was there a TE playing for us last night?

Leave a comment:

• bltkmt
    replied
    Four Super Bowls, one win...batting .250 like a utility infielder. Frustrating.

Leave a comment:

• DE_Ramfan
    replied
    Originally posted by SavageRam View Post
    I guess drinking a few beers takes the sting off this one. LOL

This was only against the greatest QB and coach tandem we'll ever see in our life time.

It was a tall order for our second year, 33 yo coach, and 24 yo, three year QB to pull off against such an opponent on the biggest stage.

Any argument about the big time post season performance by the Rams defensive can certainly be put to rest. They're maybe a first round LB selection away from true greatness.
    Certainly was a tall order but had chances. Shame we couldn't pull it out but as you pointed out, this is a young team. I think I'd forgo a LB in favor of a DB at this point. Someone who can cover the slot because guys like Edleman killed us.

Leave a comment:

• SavageRam
    replied
    I guess drinking a few beers takes the sting off this one. LOL

This was only against the greatest QB and coach tandem we'll ever see in our life time.

It was a tall order for our second year, 33 yo coach, and 24 yo, three year QB to pull off against such an opponent on the biggest stage.

Any argument about the big time post season performance by the Rams defensive can certainly be put to rest. They're maybe a first round LB selection away from true greatness.

Leave a comment:

• Curly Horns
    replied
    Have to be grateful for the opportunity !!

Leave a comment:

• r8rh8rmike
    replied
    Originally posted by RamDez View Post
    we had a few flashes but the pressure on Goff was on EVERY snap, not his fault he was being knocked down on nearly every snap.
    Yep, many will want to blame Goff, but he had almost no support from the running game, horrible protection, and despite everything that went wrong, when it was all on the line, he threw a perfect pass to Cooks for what should have been a sure TD to tie things up. Cooks holds on, and it's a whole different ball game.

Another tough one to take.

Leave a comment:

• citr92
    replied
    Feels bad losing to the pats...again...

but if you told ANYBODY, even the most die hard rams fans, two years ago they'd make the super bowl in 2 years...NOBODY would have believed it
    ​​...I wouldn't have believed it

but here they were

wish they scored more than 3 points though, it was frustrating, patient as I was

Leave a comment:

• isaacbruce4ever
    replied
    still stings, though. one thing about our team is that we compete till the end.

i think i will sleep better tonight than coach.

Leave a comment:

• RamDez
    replied
    Originally posted by DE_Ramfan View Post
    We were in it but didn't look like we were in it. Our offense looked confused - like it was their first game or something.
    aye, the pats are real crap lol

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 232 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X