Great season, Rams!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RockinRam View Post
    This was not only a historic season, but also an amazingly fun and enjoyable year. It ended it an extremely bitter way but I think the journey to get to where we are has been awesome.

However, with that being said, I'm not sure why I feel this way, but I have a feeling that our team is going to look and feel dramatically different going forward. I currently cannot pinpoint if this is a good feeling or a bad one.
    Look at the % of QBs that make it back to the SB after losing their first. This game was sitting there waiting to be had and the Rams shot blanks. I'm not a "wait til next year!" guy. This group may never get another opportunity to play let alone win a Superbowl. The Legs last second flubb summed up the whole game for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Ewreck View Post
      Look at the % of QBs that make it back to the SB after losing their first. This game was sitting there waiting to be had and the Rams shot blanks. I'm not a "wait til next year!" guy. This group may never get another opportunity to play let alone win a Superbowl. The Legs last second flubb summed up the whole game for me.
      I think we have the right people in place that can rebound from this loss. But even so, if we think about the circumstances that we cannot control (i.e. future injuries, retirements, etc.) as well as the psychological and mental toll of putting so much hard work in only to lose in the Super Bowl and then have to do it all over again, I think there's a real possibility we don't see the same sort of success next year.

Comment

Great season to end on a thud

Look this game and how the Rams where playing on defense, should have been an easy Rams victory even if the score was 18-10...seriously.

Rams have the best kicker in the league...and with the matchups on offense to the Patriots defense, should have been able to average 50yards a drive--even if it was nothing more then the Dallas game re-visited with running the ball. All the Ram had to do was lineup in the "I" and dictate terms at the line....it would have meant some gambles on 4th down here and there but the Patriots where playing pass first and gap defense...nothing more basic

The Ram's slant-cutback blocking scheme didn't work on the Bears and oddly didn't work on the Patriots--fancy that....I wonder who else remembers that came--perhaps the entire Patriot defensive staff. Had the Rams came out with power run that would have forced New England to load the box making play action viable

Comment

widgetinstance 232 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X