Isaac Bruce & the HOF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Isaac Bruce & the HOF

Isaac Bruce's career and place in the HOF was not on trial this weekend, but rather the legitimacy of the voting body. And those voters failed. They had the opportunity to correct a glaring and obvious error. They did not.

There are 17 WRs in the HOF.......12 of them with fewer receptions than Isaac Bruce.
    There are 17 WRs in the HOF.......14 of them with fewer receiving yards than Isaac Bruce.
    There are 17 WRs in the HOF.......10 of them with fewer TDs than Isaac Bruce
    The more things change, the more they stay the same.

I would think these stats would look even better if they were derived at the time of his retirement.
    “Oh, 100 percent,” Donald said. “I feel like the words, ‘Thank you,’ ain’t enough. You’ve got to show it... Instead of saying thank you — show it.”

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• AvengerRam_old
      If Andre Reed is a HOFer, Isaac Bruce Clearly is Too
      by AvengerRam_old
      The numbers simply do not lie.

Isaac Bruce has a better HOF resume than newly-inducted member Andre Reed:

Career Totals (Receptions, Yards, TDS)

Bruce 1,024---15,208---91
      Reed 951---13,198---87

Best 5 Seasons

Receptions
      119 Bruce
      90 Reed
      89 Bruce
      88 Reed
      87 Bruce

Yards
      1,781 Bruce
      1,471 Bruce
      1,338 Bruce
      1,312 Reed
      1,303 Reed

Touchdowns
      13 Bruce
      12 Bruce
      10 Reed
      9 (tie) Bruce, Reed

1,000 Yard Seasons

Bruce 8
      Reed 4

While Reed did play in 4 Super Bowls, Bruce played in two and scored the winning TD against the Titans.

In my mind, this is pretty clear cut. Bruce deserves to be in the HOF. Its not even a close call.
      -08-04-2014, 04:59 PM
    • AvengerRam_old
      Bruce Closing In On Irvin
      by AvengerRam_old
      Isaac Bruce needs 27 yards to pass Michael Irvin on the career receiving yards list. Bruce already has more receptions and TDs than Irvin.

Makes you wonder... why is is that we so often hear people saying that Irvin should be in the Hall of Fame while few say this about Bruce? After this Sunday, the only indiviual categories that Bruce will likely trail Irvin in will be stupid TV quotes and felony charges.

Let me hear it Ram fans...

Bruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuce!!!!!!!!!!
      -09-23-2005, 10:13 AM
    • NJ Ramsfan1
      Isaac Bruce Snubbed Again
      by NJ Ramsfan1
      These HOF voters should be ashamed of themselves. What a joke.
      -02-02-2019, 05:59 PM
    • GreatestShow99
      Isaac Bruce 1996
      by GreatestShow99
      Video of Isaac Bruce 1996 - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
      -12-23-2008, 09:44 PM
    • THOLTFAN81
      Ike Bruce
      by THOLTFAN81
      I think he did us one last favor actually signing with the *****. I read he is going to instantly go as there #1 WR. Bruce is NOWHERE near good enough anymore to be a #1 wideout and i'm glad he signed with the ***** if he wasnt going to sign with us.
      -03-04-2008, 06:41 AM
    Working...
    X