Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Warren Sharp takes a deep look at Rams adjustments (or lack thereof) in Super Bowl

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ManofGod View Post
    Watching the superbowl was so frustrating, but what is beginning to be more puzzling is that McVay continues to make the same mistakes over & over again, and refuses to adapt his scheme. He is a very intelligent coach, so is this a case of ego as it was with Martz???
    It's both a fair and interesting question. My gut tells me that McVay is not an egotist in the mold of Mike Martz. He seems grounded and displays maturity. I just think his offensive convictions sometimes create a kind of tunnel vision where he's reluctant to change it up. If a team is stopping the pink elephant, you have to mix in a red giraffe somewhere- not just assume the pink elephant will eventually work. Acknowledging something isn't working is not a sign of weakness, it's an intelligent first step in making the adjustments needed to win a ballgame.

Comment

I agree 100%. Here's looking to next year.

Comment

widgetinstance 232 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X