X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KoaKoi
    replied
    Originally posted by RealRam View Post

Agreed (after all posts above). So where did Schefter get the "surprise" notion for his report. Ha.
    My guess is the fact that one of the needs of the Rams this offseason is LB's.... thus making the fact that they're releasing one a 'surprise'. But really, it's not. Now if the Rams parted ways with Littleton, THAT would be a surprise.

Leave a comment:

• RealRam
    replied
    Originally posted by KoaKoi View Post

That's certainly what I thought was going to happen. I think the Ogletree trade "bought" him an extra year. I don't think Phillips was down with losing both starting inside lb's. Cap hit is lighter now too.

Agreed (after all posts above). So where did Schefter get the "surprise" notion for his report. Ha.

Leave a comment:

• KoaKoi
    replied
    Originally posted by ManofGod View Post
    Had to be done, it should have happen last year.
    That's certainly what I thought was going to happen. I think the Ogletree trade "bought" him an extra year. I don't think Phillips was down with losing both starting inside lb's. Cap hit is lighter now too

Leave a comment:

• mde8352gorams
    replied
    Originally posted by macrammer View Post
    No surprise.......now, who do we sign and or draft. Joyner is next.
    Joyner is a free agent, so no cutting required. In answer to your question about drafting, I think Johnathan Abram from Miss. St. would be the right value at #31. He's been compared to Keanu Neal of the Falcons and is able to pass cover as well as run stop which is my high priority for the Rams in the draft. Plus how can we pass on a guy who has the team name in his name LOL.

Go Rams!

Leave a comment:

• macrammer
    replied
    No surprise.......now, who do we sign and or draft. Joyner is next.

Leave a comment:

• ManofGod
    replied
    Had to be done, it should have happen last year.

Leave a comment:

• RealRam
    replied
    Originally posted by NJ Ramsfan1 View Post
    Don't really understand the "surprise" of this move, other than maybe the relatively quick timing of it. I didn't envision Mark Barron on the 2019-2020 Rams. He tailed off noticeably and is another guy who gave us a few good years, but for whom it's time to part ways. I wish him well and appreciate his contributions.

Okay, makes sense. I'll go with that. Done with my 'somewhat surprise[d]' reaction. (^_^)

Leave a comment:

• BIG-BLUE
    replied
    No surprise in my opinion. Too many times he was overmatched and missed tackles. I want to see a true inside backer not this converted stuff.

Leave a comment:

• mde8352gorams
    replied
    Originally posted by NJ Ramsfan1 View Post
    Don't really understand the "surprise" of this move.
    Completely agree with that sentiment. I have been thinking that the Rams were going cut Barron the moment the season ended. Aside from his cap number, the football performance combined with injuries made his place on the roster untenable. I think we got some very good years from Mark and I wish him well. He and Joyner may find their way to the Jets where Gregg Williams may be reuniting the "old gang".

Wade may be looking to make some wholesale changes to the LB corps as that was a weak spot for us throughout the season. I personally hope we find some run stuffing type LB's.

Go Rams!

Leave a comment:

• KoaKoi
    replied
    Definitely not a surprise to me. Clearly, they weren't able to trade him with the weight of $9.6M remaining on his contract for the upcoming season either.

Wish him well though.

Leave a comment:

• r8rh8rmike
    replied
    Barron just didn't effectively get the job done, has had recent injury issues, and his release will save the Rams $6.33 million this season. No surprise here.

Leave a comment:

• NJ Ramsfan1
    replied
    Don't really understand the "surprise" of this move, other than maybe the relatively quick timing of it. I didn't envision Mark Barron on the 2019-2020 Rams. He tailed off noticeably and is another guy who gave us a few good years, but for whom it's time to part ways. I wish him well and appreciate his contributions.

Leave a comment:

• RealRam
    replied
    Hmm, somewhat of a surprise as Schefter said. "A little 'somewhat'"...

Thanks MB.

Leave a comment:

• isaacbruce4ever
    replied
    The Rams do not waste time making moves, thats for sure. I think this is the right move. Good luck to Barron in his future.

Leave a comment:

• Nick
    started a topic Rams release LB Barron

Rams release LB Barron

Adam Schefter
    @AdamSchefter

A pre-free-agency surprise: Rams released starring inside LB Mark Barron, per league sources.

4:40 PM - 5 Mar 2019