The Official 2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Official 2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread

Thirty minutes to go! There seems to be a lot of unsettled rumor circulating in the last 24-48 hours or so, I'm excited to see it play out!

Before the main event starts, here's my very amateur prediction for what the Rams do...

40% - Trade Down
    25% - Defensive Line (Simmons, Lawrence, Tillery)
    12% - Defensive Back (Baker, Ya-Sin, Adderley, Abram, CGJ, Rapp)
    10% - Edge Rusher (Burns, Ferrell, Ferguson, Winovich)
    8% - Offensive Line (Bradbury, Lindstrom, Risner, McCoy, Jenkins)
    5% - Other or Trade up

Comment

My "night of" Top 30 draft board for the Rams likely looks like this...

Josh Allen
      Nick Bosa
      Quinnen Williams
      Devin White
      Montez Sweat
      Brian Burns
      Christian Wilkins
      Andre Dillard
      Jonah Williams
      TJ Hockenson
      Cody Ford
      Devin Bush
      Jawaan Taylor
      Garrett Bradbury
      Deandre Baker
      Noah Fant
      Jeffery Simmons
      Greedy Williams
      Clelin Ferrell
      Dexter Lawrence
      Dalton Risner
      Nasir Adderley
      Chris Lindstrom
      Jerry Tillery
      Johnathan Abram
      Rock Ya-Sin
      Erik McCoy
      Chauncey Gardner-Johnson
      Elgton Jenkins
      Taylor Rapp

This is assuming no trade down and the pick is made at 31 or higher. This also excludes QB, RB, WR.

For what it's worth, I have offensive linemen on the board and would applaud the Rams taking one, but with Noteboom and Allen poised to step into the starting lineup and with the confidence the team has in Kromer to coach guys up, I view the Rams more likely to go in other directions with that pick unless the value is tremendous (see percentages above).

Comment

please no trading out of the 1st round.

I'm of the mindset that with 2 ol starters gone that lindstrom, bradbery, or risner should be the pick.

if Allen was so good, then why didn't he start over sullivan?

I cant imagine the replace Sullivan with someone who couldn't dislodge him from starting

and save a late roung pick for Bryce love=p to
        Last edited by Akita Ram; -04-25-2019, 05:04 PM.

Comment

No surprises through the first two pics. Now letís see what the Jets do. Conventional wisdom says Josh Allen as a pass rusher. I think Ed Oliver gets a lot of consideration here to give Greg Williams his three technique defensive tackle. The safest choice is probably Williams out of Alabama.

Comment

Williams is a solid safe pick for the Jets. Gruden and Mayock are up for their first pick together. Allen or Oliver get consideration here in defense. QB has gotten some recent buzz and would be a bit surprising. Wouldn't sleep on the LSU LB here either.

Comment

And everyoneís mock draft just exploded. Ferrell to me was not a Top 15 prospect in this class but hey, itíll push other prospects down. Iíd have to think the Buca Go Allen or White here.

Comment

The White/Bucs marriage has been in first round locks for a while now. No surprise there, now what does New York do? Front 7 player in Allen or Oliver, or do they surprise with a QB? If it were me, Iíd take Allen.

Comment

Daniel Jones to the Giants at six, oh my...

Comment

I like Allen to the Jags. They could use some pass rush help, even though it wasn't a position that most had mocked to them. Have to take advantage of Allen being available.

Comment

For what it's worth, this was my final mock of the offseason. I still have the Rams going Baker, mostly because the better value DTs are off the board. I think they'd prefer to go DL but I like the idea of grabbing someone to groom behind Talib and Peters to eventually take one of their spots. If Simmons is on the board, I wouldn't sleep on that pick. A healthy Simmons next to Donald would be brutal.

1. AZ - Kyler Murray
                      2. SF - Nick Bosa
                      3. NYJ - Josh Allen
                      4. OAK - Quinnen Williams
                      5. TB - Devin White
                      6. NYG - Ed Oliver
                      7. JAX - TJ Hockenson
                      8. DET - Montez Sweat
                      9. BUF - Andre Dillard
                      10. DEN - Drew Lock
                      11. CIN - Devin Bush
                      12. GB - Jonah Williams
                      13. MIA - Brian Burns
                      14. ATL - Christian Wilkins
                      15. WAS - Dwayne Haskins
                      16. CAR - Jawaan Taylor
                      17. NYG - Daniel Jones
                      18. MIN - Garrett Bradbury
                      19. TEN - Clelin Ferrell
                      20. PIT - Byron Murphy
                      21. SEA - Rashan Gary
                      22. BAL - Marquise Brown
                      23. HOU - Cody Ford
                      24. OAK - Noah Fant
                      25. PHI - Johnathan Abram
                      26. IND - Jeffery Simmons
                      27. OAK - Josh Jacobs
                      28. LAC - Dexter Lawrence
                      29. SEA - Greedy Williams
                      30. GB - Parris Campbell
                      31. LAR - Deandre Baker
                      32. NE - Jerry Tillery

Comment

Trading up for Bush is a great move by the Steelers. There was a part of the process where Bush was mocked to Pittsburgh @ 20, but it became clear over the last couple of weeks that he wouldn't make it there. Some thought the Bengals could take Bush if he was there, so Pittsburgh had to jump Cincy in order to steal him from them. I like it!

Comment

Would have been nice to see Wilkins fall to the Rams but it was never going to happen. IMO his floor in this draft was Atlanta, and he went one pick earlier.

Comment

Bit early for Chris Lindstrom, but the Falcons address a need. Not great for Rams fans who want OL options at 31.

Comment

There was smoke about the Redskins trading up for a shot at Haskins; he falls in their laps here. Now we find out if there was fire. It might be hard for Washington to pass up the edge rushers still on the board.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• viper
                                Discussion of Av's: Go on record NOW with your trade/draft predictions
                                by viper
                                Av's trade/draft thread is an excellent idea. I wanted to comment on several of the posts that were made there. But, as Av elected not to allow discussion in that thread I thought it might be a good idea to open a forum where we could discuss the different scenarios presented by our clan members in that thread.

Many of the potential scenarios that have been posted are very intriguing. I see many win-win possibilities there. It gives me hope that even if things don't go the way we thought they would, there are still several very positive possibilities that could occur. Please share your thoughts here...and thanks again Av for a great precursor to the upcoming draft!
                                -04-21-2007, 08:34 PM
                              • Rambos
                                Seven Options for the Ramsí Number 10 Draft Pick
                                by Rambos
                                By Anthony Stalter

With the 2015 NFL Draft less than a month away, let’s look at some scenarios facing the Rams at pick No. 10.

Scenario 1: Draft an offensive lineman

This might be the most probable outcome. The Rams have holes at left guard, center and right tackle. The team hasn’t shown a ton of urgency when it comes to addressing these holes in free agency, so perhaps the Rams will sign a veteran following the draft like they did a year ago with Davin Joseph. Thus, staying put and drafting the top offensive lineman on their board is logical.

Davin Joseph’s signing shows the Rams’ willingness to sign a veteran following the Draft.

Tackle Andrus Peat of Stanford perhaps makes the most sense. Iowa’s Brandon Scherff has been linked to the Rams in plenty of mocks, but the thought is that his best position in the pros is guard (and rightfully so when you watch his run-mauling tendencies and his issues in pass protection with edge rushers that can convert speed into power). I’ll never wrap my head around taking a guard in the top 10 because you can find capable starters in the middle rounds. The talent doesn’t drop off at guard as significantly as it does at tackle.

If Scherff’s best position is guard, I’d hope the Rams would search for better value at 10. Peat, La’el Collins and Ereck Flowers are the projected first-round tackles, although I’d argue that Collins will benefit from playing inside at the next level as well. Like Scherff, he’s a mauler in the run game but he has issues in space while spending too much time on the ground and not moving his feet quick enough to seal off the edge.

The more I re-watched LSU, the more enamored I became with Collins as a guard as opposed to a tackle.

With Peat, his technique speaks for itself. Defenders have trouble disengaging from him because of his size and length, and he does a nice job setting the edge. He’s one of the safer prospects in this year’s draft, although I’m not sure if his ceiling will go any higher despite being only 21. He doesn’t play with that same finish in the run game like Scherff, but he’s pro-ready, which might be attractive to a Rams team that will need to land starters in this year’s draft. Is he a top 10 pick? That’s debatable, although he’s being projected to go in the teens so it’s not as if the Rams would be vastly overreaching.

Scenario 2: Trade back

This is the scenario I prefer most when it comes to the Rams, who only have six picks in this year’s draft after trading a fourth and sixth to the Bucs in the Mark Barron deal. No disrespect to Peat, who I like as a mid-first rounder, but there isn’t a dynamic offensive line prospect in this year’s draft, and I’d hate to see the Rams reach....
                                -04-07-2015, 02:01 PM
                              • LARAM
                                Another draft trade down rumor......Disturbing
                                by LARAM
                                I listened to some ESPN analyst, talk about how Chicago loves Darren McFadden to the point, that they may be willing to trade up to get him.

This scares me.....With other rumors of Dallas and Oakland wanting him, in order for Chicago to possibly get Mcfadden, they might possibly have to trade up to at least the #3 pick or even #2. This could be a possibility, and I hate to say it, but it isn't all that crazy sounding. I guess alot depends on what Miami does as well. I guess if a trade like this happened, we would all be blindsided.

I am totally against a trade back to the 14th pick, but what would be reasonable compensation if something like this happened? How could something like this benefit the Rams, and what type of strategy would we use for our picks.

I just think it's absolutely crazy to trade back this far, and I know this is all speculative, but jeez, What kind of deal would it take for the Rams to move back that far?
                                -03-26-2008, 07:44 PM
                              • LARAM
                                2008 Draft ......Trade Down ?????
                                by LARAM
                                I posted the following, on another Thread a few days ago. There were not any responses, because the thread quickly got pushed to the 2nd page. Although the Rams are playing better, I still believe we will end up with a top 5 draft selection.

It is a bit early to be talking draft, but I wonder if anyone shares my same thoughts........Or should we go with the best player available?

Re: a saftey in mind

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I like the idea of trading down with Dallas if they are willing, and snatching up #25, #30,........and having presumably #33 if we end up picking 2nd in the draft order.......Remember New England forfeits their pick.

I know Jake Long, Glenn Dorsey, and Chris Long are top prospects.....but imagine the value we could get.....some possibilities for our first three picks, if a trade was managed are:

Sam Baker OL, USC
                                Early Doucet WR, LSU.....
                                Quentin Groves DE, Auburn
                                Jeff Otah OL, Pitt.....6'6 340lbs.........Oh my god!!!!!!
                                Tony Hills OL, Texas
                                Ali Highsmith OLB, LSU
                                Keith Rivers OLB, USC
                                Roy Schuening OL, Oregon St.
                                Frank Okam DT, Texas
                                Barry Richardson OT, Clemson
                                Limas Sweed WR, Texas
                                Derrick Harvey DE/OLB, Florida
                                Gosder Cherilus OT, Boston College
                                Lawrence Jackson DE, USC

Then for a 3rd round pick, I like any of the following LSU players

Craig Steltz
                                Jonathan Zenon
                                Chevis Jackson
                                -12-04-2007, 12:29 PM
                              • HUbison
                                random draft question.........because I'm bored.
                                by HUbison
                                This year Denver has two 1st rounders due to a trade with the Skins.....probably gonna be somewhere in the neighborhood of a #19 and #31. We currently are sitting on the #10 pick. The question is this.....assuming the Broncos are game, would you trade the #10 for the #17 and #30? If so, who you thinkin'?

And don't give me all the too early mumbo jumbo, we're just havin' a little fun here. I mean what else are gonna talk about......our playoff run?

P.S. For the draft value chart nerds out there (myself included), this deal would be about 1400 points to the Rams and 1300 points to the Broncos.....a difference but not outside the realm of fair trade.
                                -11-21-2005, 05:52 PM
                              Working...
                              X