Rams Sign 14 Undrafted Free Agents

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rams Sign 14 Undrafted Free Agents

I know nothing about any of these guys, but for the last few years at least one has made the team. Wonder who it'll be this year?

WR Alex Bachman, Wake Forest

WR Nsimba Webster, Eastern Washington

LB Landis Durham, Texas A&M

LB Natrez Patrick, Georgia

LB Troy Reeder, Delaware

TE Kendall Blanton, Missouri

TE Romello Brooker, Houston

TE Keenan Brown, Texas State

G Chandler Brewer, Middle Tennessee

G Brandon Hitner, Villanova

C Vitas Hrynkiewicz, Youngstown State

DT Marquise Copeland, Cincinnati

DT Tyrell Thompson, Tarleton State

RB Matthew Colburn, Wake Forest

Competition at Rams is ON!

Hard, so hard to tell at this point who will make it. I like WR Alex Bachman for practice squad perhaps along with Austin Proehl (wouldn't that be something, to have Ricky Proehl's son play for the Rams) or, do we have room for depth at that position? Assuming Kupp returns healthy 100%.

Edit: Bachman's hometown is in the County of Los Angeles, CA.

Alex Bachman, WR
    6-0" / 185 lbs.
    Wake Forest

AB highlights:

Last edited by RealRam; 3 weeks ago. Reason: AB's hometown

Comment

Interesting assortment. All these TE's make me think that the Rams are preparing to move on from Tyler Higbee next offseason if they cannot reach a reasonable agreement on money as he will be a UFA. I'm also glad to see the 2 G's from Villanova and Middle Tenn. We really need to have more depth and starters at OG despite drafting 2 OT's last week. Also nice to see the LB's and if Natrez Patrick is the 2nd coming of Roquan Smith sign me up (not even sure if Patrick plays ILB or OLB).

Go Rams!

Comment

Hmm, MDE, I'm hoping we'll keep TE Tyler Higbee for a while longer, maybe two more years, i.e., if $$$ does not create an issue as you touched on. I think he's done reasonably well and adapting fine after three years in the Rams offense.

If so, then we can focus on the OL and LB crews.

Comment

Originally posted by RealRam View Post
          Hmm, MDE, I'm hoping we'll keep TE Tyler Higbee for a while longer, maybe two more years, i.e., if $$$ does not create an issue as you touched on. I think he's done reasonably well and adapting fine after three years in the Rams offense.

If so, then we can focus on the OL and LB crews.
          I agree. I'm not wanting to see Higbee leave, but the Rams will be very cautious about salary as we will be having to pay Jared Goff after the season, or possibly sooner. That number could be quite large given the way QB salaries have escalated.

Next year there will be a new CBA needed and I hope the owners and the players union can reach a sensible agreement where teams are not constantly looking to dump high contract players in order to pay the stars. It will also create a better opportunity for teams to sign FA's beyond the time where their QB is on a rookie deal.

Go Rams!

Comment

widgetinstance 232 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X