Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Last week I vacationed with Marc Bulger.....and didn't even know it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last week I vacationed with Marc Bulger.....and didn't even know it.

I try to take my family to the beach once a year. We like to go to Destin, Florida. In particular there is a nice condo that we typically rent each year. As we were planning this year's trip, the owner of the condo told us she sold it to a family and it was no longer available to rent. However, her neighbor rents hers out, and she'd set us up. Ok, no problem. We just move over one condo for this year.

Last week was our trip, and we get to the beach. As we take in the sand and surf, we notice the family that now owns the condo we usually rent is on the beach as well. Nice family...mom, dad, 2 daughters. I keep looking at the dad and thinking, "Why does he look so familiar?" Then he gets out of his beach chair and grabs his shirt to put on.....a WVU t-shirt.

And it hits me......Holy Crap!! Did Marc Bulger buy our condo??

Here's the evidence so far:

Per a 2016 St.L Post Dispatch article, Marc Bulger is married with two daughters.
    Condo dad is married with two daughters.

Bulger went to WVU.
    Condo dad wore a WVU t-shirt.

Bulger was born and raised in Pittsburgh.
    Condo dad had Pittsburgh Penguins stuff hanging in his condo. (The windows were wide open, and we shared a deck. I had to look as I walked by....don't judge me.)

Bulger was a Pro Bowl MVP QB and 10 year veteran in the NFL.
    As my boys and I were throwing a football around the beach, Condo dad looked at me with contempt as if to say, "You suck at throwing a football, and I would know because I was a Pro Bowl MVP QB and 10 year veteran in the NFL."

I'm telling you friends.....I vacationed with Marc Bulger last week.
    The more things change, the more they stay the same.

The evidence certainly seems irrefutable!

Comment

Ah who cares?

I'd rather vacation with Kurt Warner

Sorry, couldn't resist. Congratulations..... I guess

Comment

Nice. Seems beyond a coincidence. 'Should have blitzed him.

I liked Marc Bulger. He had some good seasons; alas, he was even close to a GREAT year with the Rams.

Comment

I was in St. Louis for the game when Warner got hurt and Bulger played his first regular season snaps for the Rams. He looked a lot better than Warner had been looking

Comment

An outstanding qb, really hyper accurate. Nothing fancy, quiet leader, but a great player. Our offensive line fell completely apart around him and that was the beginning of the massive downfall for the squad. Per the internet, he has a place in sarasota florida, so maybe he is expanding his florida holdings. He lives in Tennessee. He does a good deal of work with his own charitable foundation.

Ramming speed to all

general counsel

Comment

He used to live rather close to me in St Louis.

https://qpublic.schneidercorp.com/ap...ageType=Search

Look up the property records by address and see if it makes any sense. He's not listed as owning property in Okaloosa County by his own name but could be through a trust to hide it. If it's another county, look it up. Having seen a recent picture of him I'd never recognize him. It seems he lives in Nashville now.

Comment

Originally posted by Dreadlock View Post
                He used to live rather close to me in St Louis.

https://qpublic.schneidercorp.com/ap...ageType=Search

Look up the property records by address and see if it makes any sense. He's not listed as owning property in Okaloosa County by his own name but could be through a trust to hide it. If it's another county, look it up. Having seen a recent picture of him I'd never recognize him. It seems he lives in Nashville now.
                I looked up the condo on that link, and you're right, it's not in his name. But "MB10 Enterprises" isn't exactly too hidden either.
                The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Comment

Originally posted by KoaKoi View Post
                  I was in St. Louis for the game when Warner got hurt and Bulger played his first regular season snaps for the Rams. He looked a lot better than Warner had been looking
                  I was at the game where Warner got hurt (against Cowboys), but in the nosebleed seats (Row VV, opposite end from where Warner was). Jamie Martin, not Bulger, came in. Neither looked great that day. I am in Phoenix right now, and plenty of people here had NO problem with Kurt Warner's performance. Maybe the Rams should have beefed up the O-line instead of drafting Trung Canidate.

Comment

Or drafted Ryan Khalil instead of Brian Leonard (a bonehead move of biblical magnitude)

Ramming speed to all

general counsel

Comment

I remember being at Bulger's first game, so I must be mistaking the Cowboy game with it. Thanks for correcting me. I was at both then and must have been getting my wires crossed as to which was which. I remember admiring Bulger's spirals and my dad and I talking positively about it and how much better the Rams looked when he was in. Makes sense it was Martin he replaced.. not Warner.

Not to derail the thread, but I will say Warner was excellent in AZ, I don't dispute you there. When I say Warner hadn't been looking good, I speak as to his passes. It's my strong belief that his thumb hadn't fully healed yet. It's too bad the Rams didn't stick with him...

Comment

Originally posted by KoaKoi View Post
                        Not to derail the thread, but I will say Warner was excellent in AZ, I don't dispute you there. When I say Warner hadn't been looking good, I speak as to his passes. It's my strong belief that his thumb hadn't fully healed yet. It's too bad the Rams didn't stick with him...
                        I recall that the center who messed up Warner's thumb was a marginal guy Martz got from Philly. I do hold it against Martz that he seemed to think we can ignore the O-Line if we get enough fast toys. I hope that McVay doesn't fall into that mindset, his grandfather John certainly never did.

Comment

That's pretty cool!

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• CRAZYHORNS
                            Bulger is the right choice...
                            by CRAZYHORNS
                            I am a huge Warner fan. I was very upset when the Rams let him go. However, the Rams are my team and all I could do was hope that this move would allow Bulger to step up....

I was unimpress with Bulger eventhough his numbers compared fairly well to the top QB's in the league.

Something happen this year?? I am not sure when and exactly how but Bulger showed me some HEART..... Maybe I did not realize what we had until Chandler had to step in???

I am now officially a Bulger fan.... I maybe a little late but I am impress.... I feel the Rams will be overlooked next year.... I have a very good feeling about this upcoming season..... If the Rams can field a tenacious D with an above average special teams the Rams can once again dominate this league....

GGGOOO RRRAAAMMMSSS
                            -03-25-2005, 10:02 AM
                          • RamWraith
                            Bulger didn't really defeat Kurt's ghost
                            by RamWraith
                            By Bryan Burwell
                            St. Louis Post-Dispatch
                            09/18/2005
                            Bryan Burwell

TEMPE, ARIZ. He's been competing against the legend of Kurt Warner for more than three years now, but until now Marc Bulger figured it was always this impossibly elusive, ethereal thing. How exactly are you supposed to chase a ghost of greatness, anyway? This was never a fair fight, and he knew it. It was as fruitless as grasping at clouds or clutching at a whiff of smoke.

But Sunday afternoon in the energy-draining desert heat inside Sun Devil Stadium, Bulger was no longer chasing the wispy apparition of Warner's magical past. This was tangible stuff. This was a head-to-head, winner-take-all showdown that could have allowed Bulger to finally measure up fairly against his old mentor.

But at the end of this long day, even after Bulger's Rams had beaten Warner's Arizona Cardinals 17-12, the simple truth was that Bulger didn't do quite enough to douse the flames of this heated, passionate football morality play between Warner's past and Bulger's future.

This game could have been the defining statement game that finally would make Warner lovers find just a smart place in their hearts for Bulger, too. But instead, his numbers were nothing spectacular - 18 of 29, 216 yards, one touchdown, one interception, four sacks, one fumble - and they could have been a lot better.

For the second week in a row, the 28-year-old passer was not as sharp as he could have been.

"I'm curious," he asked me as we stood in front of his locker stall as his teammates slowly filtered out of the cramped old place. "What are you comparing us to, '99 to 2001, or last week?"

There's a large slice of folks who always will compare everything Bulger does (or more accurately, doesn't do) to everything Warner did do during his halcyon "Greatest Show on Turf" years. I'm not so demanding. I'd just like to see a little more of the Bulger who was so dazzling towards the end of last season.

"You know," I told him, "You had a chance today to close the door on all this Kurt versus Marc stuff."

"Oh really?" he said, chuckling. "And how's that?"

"Well, if you had put up some better (passing) numbers," I said.

Like a fine defense attorney, Bulger objected. "Look at this week's NFL statistics. It shows that we're ranked at or near the top in total offense after last week (fourth in the NFL, first in the NFC), and what good did it do us last week? We still lost. So we didn't get the numbers this week, but we won," he said with a slight shrug of the shoulder, and a sly smile.

"You guys can pick apart the stats all you want, but I've told you before and I'll say it again. All I care about is winning."

Winning is the...
                            -09-19-2005, 06:23 AM
                          • GroundDog39
                            Bulger Bashers!
                            by GroundDog39
                            Ive got to admit, my patience is beggining to wear a bit thin but come on, like it or not, he is our starting QB. How many other QB's in his position would have flourished = NONE, ZIP, NADA.
                            KURT WARNER, CARSON PALMER, DAVID CARR, all were abysmal. Similar scenario's.
                            So if you want to vent any anger out from now till opening day, aim it where its more deserved - The defensive players, it seems to me like Bulger become a scapegoat for a lot of the pathetic football played.
                            If we do lose Bulger anytime soon, I think a lot of people could be in for a rude awakening!
                            HE IS IN THE TOP TIER OF NFL qb'S, ONE DAY PEOPLE WILL COME TO REALIZE THIS.

P.S I just wish he could make play's with his feet, that would have solved everything?
                            -05-24-2009, 06:55 AM
                          • RockinRam
                            Bulger never got the credit he deserved
                            by RockinRam
                            This is a must read, especially for all those Bulger haters....
                            -06-25-2010, 10:48 AM
                          • RamsInfiniti
                            For the Bulger haters ....
                            by RamsInfiniti
                            Rams quarterback Bulger absorbs unfair criticism
                            By Bryan Burwell
                            ST. LOUIS POST-DISPATCH
                            11/03/2008

In victory or defeat, Marc Bulger and Steven Jackson are always the most interesting guys in the Rams locker room. Bulger, the quarterback, is the conservative, calculated introvert; Jackson, the power running back, is the definitive swashbuckling extrovert. Bulger often dishes details in quiet moderation, dodging around controversy like a nimble dancer. Jackson often hurls himself directly into the teeth of a maelstrom with bold proclamations.

But in the eyes of some St. Louis Rams fans, these two conflicting personalities will always be one and the same. In good times and bad, in victory or defeat, Bulger and Jackson wear the dreaded labels of The Replacement Players, never to be judged for who they are, but always for who they are not.

Bulger isn't Kurt Warner.

Jackson isn't Marshall Faulk.

On Sunday afternoon at the Edward Jones Dome, they both heard and felt the wrath of those unsatisfied fans throughout the course of a 34-13 loss to Warner's Arizona Cardinals. Any time the Cardinals come to town, Bulger knows what to expect. He is going to be measured (and drawn and quartered, too) by the scoreboard and the stat sheet comparison with the Super Bowl hero he replaced six seasons ago.

"If you want to put the blame on me (for why the offense struggled), well, I don't care," Bulger said in a quiet but combative voice. "Oh, I know everyone's going to say it's my fault. They're going to say I'm throwing off my back foot or crap like that. But you know what? I don't care what people say. All I care about are what my teammates and my family says. Everyone else? I don't give a damn."

After seven years of this never-ending Bulger vs. Warner saga, the Rams QB no longer concerns himself with trying to win an unwinnable public debate. Those who love Warner will always love Warner, and bash Bulger. He gets that better than most. He knows that nothing shy of five Super Bowls and a Hall of Fame induction will get the haters off his back. He also knows that games like this will supply ammunition to those who always seek to praise his good friend at his expense.

So as he stood in front of his locker stall, he prepared for the barrage because he knew there was no question that the former understudy was outplayed by his old mentor. Warner threw for more yards (342 to 186), had a better completion percentage (67 percent to 48 percent), a higher pass-efficiency rating (120.0 to 60.9), and was never harassed or frustrated by the pass rush like Bulger was. Warner is running one of the NFL's most potent offenses, and Bulger is laboring with one of the league's worst outfits (28th).

On Sunday, that Rams offense turned from bad to worse. Within the first few minutes, Bulger was stuck with no running...
                            -11-03-2008, 08:19 AM
                          Working...
                          X