• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Talib traded....

Talib and 5th round pick to the Dolphins for future pick

Cap dump for another trade ???

Comment

What I think it is, is for them to sign Ramsey now and front load his bonus so we can take a big chunk of it off now and save us a lot of money in the back end of the contract. If that is the case I really like the move as it will help a lot for the future and Talib was not anywhere near who he once was anymore so I am good with this trade all together.

Comment

I applaud the move. Saves them 4.2 million.

Comment

Originally posted by Dontfaulkup28 View Post
          What I think it is, is for them to sign Ramsey now and front load his bonus so we can take a big chunk of it off now and save us a lot of money in the back end of the contract. If that is the case I really like the move as it will help a lot for the future and Talib was not anywhere near who he once was anymore so I am good with this trade all together.
          Makes sense. Agreed.

Comment

The writing was on the wall, glad they could get some space and something in return.

Comment

Yup, its a good and smart move. Very doubtful if he would have played again this year and reports were that he was not playing great before the injury.

Comment

Makes sense. Talib is at the end of his career and the end of his contract, we need the cap space, and he's on IR. Also, we now have Weddle to serve as veteran captain of the defensive backfield. It appears that Snead wants to get someone's contract done before this season is over.

Comment

Talib and Peters never lived up to their hype. Secondary seemed just as porous with them as it was without.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• sosa39rams
                    Trade Proposal
                    by sosa39rams
                    For years I've been interested in trading for ILB Mychal Kendricks (Eagles). He no longer fits their defense (or as Jim Schwartz assumes) and is reportedly on the trading block, again. Kendricks is only 26 years old, and has been a very productive LB when used for them. In 5 years, he has 380 tackles, 12 sacks, 3 INT's, 20 PDF's, 6 FF. This guy is a legitimate playmaker that is well rounded and can play all 3 area's of the game. He can put his hat down and stop the run, he ran a 4.4 at the combine and is extremely quick and is one of the better cover LB's in the league, and clearly he can be used in blitz packages as well which I'm sure Wade will LOVE.

Kendricks was a 2nd round pick in 2012 from the Andy Reid era. The only thing that's not great about him is his contract, which isn't bad, but it's not a huge steal either. He's due for these hits:

6.6 mill (4.8 mill dead cap)
                    7.6 mill (3.2 mill dead cap)
                    8.6 mill (1.6 mill dead cap)

The deal he signed in 2015 originally was a 4 year 29 million dollar contract with 16 million guaranteed.

The Eagles seem VERY determined to move him as they already have LB's they prefer ahead of him and the fact that they transitioned into a 4-3 under Jim Schwartz, there was talk about trading him in the pre-season but now they seem desperate to move him and get the contract off their books. We could offer them a mid-low round draft pick and I'm sure that would get it done (4th or 5th rounder), but I'd actually explore a player-for-player trade. I think a deal that could help both teams very well would be a Mychal Kendricks for Will Hayes trade. Let me explain....

Hayes has been very good for us, and is regarded as a fan favourite. Problem #1 is he absolutely has no fit on this defense. He's also older now (I believe 32) but is still a very effective spot starter/sub package rusher, specifically in a 4-3 D. The Eagles could use a DE starter opposite of Brandon Graham, and even if they prefer to roll out Vinny Curry, Hayes offers amazing depth at that spot and another really valuable piece for their front 7 which Schwartz loves to sub often.

If the Rams traded Will Hayes for Mychal Kendricks, they'd fill the ILB spot next to Ogletree with another very good LB and the cap hit difference for this year is -1.35 mill, which is barely anything.

(He's #95 btw)

What say you guys?
                    -02-10-2017, 09:32 PM
                  • rams 24/7
                    Should We Trade 0ur 2round Pick For Proven 0T?
                    by rams 24/7
                    Now Before Everyone tries to say this is not a good Idea, Remember I Predicted We were going to Sign Kyle Boller 0ver Gus a few weeks ago on my thread, And a Few people on The Board who I won't Name made me feel bad about the Idea at first. That was until it actualy happen and then they were preaching on how it was a Great Move, But AnyWay Should We Trade 0ur 2 round pick for a already proven 0ffensive Lineman in the Nfl, so we could go Defense in the 1st
                    -04-06-2009, 10:20 PM
                  • Nick
                    Rams have $9 million decision to make with Marcus Peters this offseason†
                    by Nick
                    Rams have $9 million decision to make with Marcus Peters this offseason
                    By: Cameron DaSilva | February 13, 2019 2:22 pm ET

The Los Angeles Rams appeared to strike gold last offseason when they acquired Marcus Peters Ė a two-time Pro Bowler Ė for the low cost of a second- and fourth-round pick. Everyone wondered how Los Angeles swiped one of the best cornerbacks in football from the Chiefs without having to relinquish a first-round pick.

After seeing him play in 2018, itís easier to understand how exactly that happened. Peters took a step back and struggled in coverage when not assisted by Aqib Talib on the other side, making some believe the Chiefs actually got the better end of the deal.

Petersí inconsistent play this past season makes his contract situation that much more difficult to handle. Heís owed $9.069 million on the fifth-year option in 2019, which the Rams picked up last April. Exct was a no-brainer at the time, giving them one more year of control over the cornerback.

After all, $9 million for a supposedly elite cornerback is an absolute steal, right? Well, Peters may not be an elite corner in Wade Phillipsí system, as evidenced by the 2018 season. Phillips likes to use more man coverage than zone, but to fit Petersí skill set, the Rams went zone-heavy down the stretch. And it worked, but are they going to stick with that plan in 2019?

The Rams have a huge decision to make this offseason regarding Peters, his fifth-year option and his long-term future with the team. That decision will be made sooner rather than later, too. When March 13 hits, the Rams will be on the hook for that $9.069 million owed to Peters. They can rescind the fifth-year option, if they so choose, before that date and allow him to hit free agency.

The fifth-year option is only guaranteed for injury, so if the Rams donít want to keep Peters around in 2019 and save $9 million, they can very easily do that. It might not be very likely, but itís at least on the table.

The likelier scenario when it comes to parting ways with Peters is Los Angeles shopping him on the trade market Ė either before March 13 or after. They can trade him and not be hit with any dead money, while also recouping assets in return.

What will Peters be worth, though? Certainly not more than he was last year when the Rams landed him for a second- and fourth-rounder. He regressed in 2018 and now has one fewer year left on his contract. Would the Rams part ways with him for a single fourth-round selection? Unlikely, but if they truly didnít like the way last seasonís experiment went, itís not out of the question.

What the Rams do with Peters this offseason will go a long way toward showing exactly how they feel about the cornerback. If they stand pat and have him play out next season on the fifth-year option, itíll suggest theyíre hesitant to keep him around long-term, potentially...
                    -02-16-2019, 07:11 AM
                  • RamWraith
                    New monies
                    by RamWraith
                    The Rams freed up more than 7 million dollars last week with re-structures. This had nothing to with Donalds money. IS there something still in the works?? That is a lot of money to sit on for the next 17 weeks! Maybe a quarterback? Possible trade that is set up if another team starts slow?
                    -09-03-2018, 12:10 PM
                  • AvengerRam_old
                    Dolphins trade Surtain to Chiefs for Second Round Pick
                    by AvengerRam_old
                    Report: Dolphins trade Surtain to Chiefs

April 22, 2005, 10:01 AM EDT

NEW YORK -- The Dolphins will have a second-round pick in Saturday's draft after all.

FOXSports.com reported Friday morning that the Dolphins have agreed to send cornerback Patrick Surtain to Kansas City for a second-round pick, which is the 46th overall selection. The Dolphins also agreed to swap fifth-round choices with Kansas City, shifting from the 138th pick to No. 162.

The Dolphins, who were without a second-round pick because of last year's trade with Philadelphia to acquire A.J. Feeley, began shopping Surtain in February when determining the sides were too far apart on a contract extension. Surtain, who is entering the final year of his contract, is expected to sign a multiyear extension with Kansas City that includes an eight-digit signing bonus.

The trade is contingent upon Surtain passing a Chiefs physical.

The Dolphins will receive considerable salary cap relief by trading Surtain, which will help the team sign its incoming rookie draft class. Surtain had a cap number of $8.4 million with a 2005 base salary of $5.9 million.

But the Dolphins will now have to find a replacement for Surtain, a three-time Pro Bowl selection. Unless the Dolphins address the position in the draft, Reggie Howard, Will Poole and Mario Edwards are the top three candidates to start opposite Sam Madison.

Copyright © 2005, South Florida Sun-Sentinel
                    -04-22-2005, 09:52 AM
                  Working...
                  X