2019 Second Half Predictions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2019 Second Half Predictions

Hard to believe we are at halfway point......The first half was a mix of good football with some bad luck and less then stellar play. I think most of us can agree the Rams have a few areas to shore up as they head into second half. Injuries have played a much larger role then in previous two years under McVay…..

The NFC West has improved. Rams have enjoyed a two year reign. Is that over? Can the Rams still make the playoffs?

@ Pittsburgh W

Chicago W

Baltimore L

@ AZ L

Seattle W

@ Dallas L

@ SF W

Az W

I had predicted before season an 11-5 mark. I now see a 10-6 record We have 4 division games in second half against a much better group in the West. I have us splitting series with each team this year.

As for the Wild Card, I think 10-6 just may be enough to get in but there are two teams (Vikings/Hags) with 6=2 record that have inside track for now.

As we know, staying on top is difficult. I knew the Whiners would be much improved but not to the degree they have shown. In 7 games, they have allowed 77 points. the rams allowed TB 55 in just one game!

What say you?

10-6 certainly sounds do-able, but that schedule is not easy, and we could certainly go the other direction if the O-line doesn't hold up and we don't start getting more productivity in the running game. The Rams lack consistency this year- from quarter to quarter, from half to half and from game to game, making it very difficult to predict anything. Even Pittsburgh with all their troubles, will be a tough out on the road, especially if we go up there, play beneath our ability and get behind early. Chicago also has it's issues but beat us last year when we were much better and isn't a given.

Comment

So much inconsistency and so many variables make it very difficult to predict. I'd love to see us get into a winning groove and come rolling into a playoff spot. But I don't think our issues have been due to underperformance as much as weakness of certain units, particularly the running game unit. So, I think we are what we appear to be, and I'll predict a 5-3 second half resulting in 10-6, which I don't believe will be enough for a playoff spot this season. If we can sweep our remaining division games and get to 11-5, I believe we will be in the tournament. But that's a wish, not a prediction.

Comment

@ Pittsburgh W
        Chicago L
        Baltimore W
        @ AZ W
        Seattle W
        @ Dallas L
        @ SF L
        Az W

I've got 5-3 over the second half stretch, which puts the Rams at 10-6.

Comment

I might be riding a sugar high from all this Halloween candy I'm not supposed to be eating but all I see is EIGHT WINS! Go Rams WOOO

Comment

9 wins

@ Pittsburgh L Goff will fall apart
            Chicago L Chicago obviously did well last year vs a better rams team
            Baltimore L , they beat seattle in seattle
            @ AZ W
            Seattle W
            @ Dallas W
            @ SF L
            Az W

Comment

My prediction is close to yours Mac, although I think we will beat Arizona twice this year.

@ Pittsburgh W

Chicago W

Baltimore L

@ AZ W

Seattle W

@ Dallas W

@ SF W

Az W
              "The disappointment of losing is huge!"

Jack Youngblood

Comment

And now, Nov. 1 ... the Squawks have signed WR Josh Gordon off New England's IR release. Potential ideal target for R. Wilson.

BAH! / Grrr!

Comment

I see us going 6-2 with our losses at AZ and SF. That puts us at 11-5. In a worst case scenario we could lose an additional game to Baltimore if we cannot contain Lamar Jackson. How different this season would be if Zeurlein hits the FG v Seattle and we're 6-2.

On a separate but related note, I've read the Talib trade wasn't so much a salary dump as a way to sign another OL FA to fortify the O-line. Move Blythe to center and replace the ROG spot. makes sense. Anybody remember Chance Warmack? He's out there

Its a great time to be a Rams fan.

Comment

mmm, very hard this year with this Rams team but here goes.

@ Pittsburgh W

Chicago W

Baltimore L

@ AZ W

Seattle W

@ Dallas W

@ SF W

Az W

Comment

The question shouldn't be can the Rams make the playoffs; more like should the Rams be in the playoffs

It all comes down to the glaring reality of whether or not the Rams have a realistic chance of making another Super Bowl. Its odd but its still too early to tell. Normally week 5 & 6 gives us a good road map where things are going. Week 5 in 2018, I knew the Rams were going to take the NFC-W based on how well the Rams where playing verse how well the rest of the division wasn't, the schedule where only some surprise injury(s) could upset the picture. For the most part it was obvious who was going to represent the NFC championship by week 6, again barring critical injuries.

Yet in 2019, too many questions remain. My instincts say Packers or Vikings will emerge as NFC champions. Its sad that McVay didn't or couldn't keep the Rams as serious contenders. Seriously week 2 of preseason was troubling because there just didn't seem the depth of talent or the passion from the new hopefuls and a sad showing of the Rams OL just took my desire to want to watch the 2019 season unfold more painful.

At this stage, there will be fun game to watch but everything points that the Rams will miss the playoffs

Comment

Originally posted by Ram Dragoon View Post
                        The question shouldn't be can the Rams make the playoffs; more like should the Rams be in the playoffs

It all comes down to the glaring reality of whether or not the Rams have a realistic chance of making another Super Bowl. Its odd but its still too early to tell. Normally week 5 & 6 gives us a good road map where things are going. Week 5 in 2018, I knew the Rams were going to take the NFC-W based on how well the Rams where playing verse how well the rest of the division wasn't, the schedule where only some surprise injury(s) could upset the picture. For the most part it was obvious who was going to represent the NFC championship by week 6, again barring critical injuries.

Yet in 2019, too many questions remain. My instincts say Packers or Vikings will emerge as NFC champions. Its sad that McVay didn't or couldn't keep the Rams as serious contenders. Seriously week 2 of preseason was troubling because there just didn't seem the depth of talent or the passion from the new hopefuls and a sad showing of the Rams OL just took my desire to want to watch the 2019 season unfold more painful.

At this stage, there will be fun game to watch but everything points that the Rams will miss the playoffs

Niners definitely

Comment

Originally posted by Ram Dragoon View Post

And then the Pacs and Viks lose. This year is a crapshoot as the Niners are the closest thing to a “juggernaut” and that ain’t saying much. Injuries can effect any team at any time but you are 100% correct about the Rams depth but it’s moot if your starters aren’t producing. Anyone who has this current performing team hanging a L on the Ravens better re think that prediction. If the Rams play at the same level in the second half 2-6 is more likely than 6-2.

Comment