Does This Tweet From The Rams Indicate The New Uniform Colors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • r8rh8rmike
    Rams Nation MVP
    • Jun 2004

Does This Tweet From The Rams Indicate The New Uniform Colors?

Los Angeles Rams@RamsNFL
    Turning into the next decade.

Happy New Year from the #LARams! View image on Twitter
  • r8rh8rmike
    Rams Nation MVP
    • Jun 2004

"Turning to the next decade" with a blue and yellow color scheme. Interesting.

Comment

• RamsFanSam
      Rams Nation MVP
      • May 2004

From the people I know in LA, they say there has been a heavier presence of the "deep yellow" and navy on all things Rams related over the last 4-5 weeks.

I can't say if this is true or not, but it's pretty much the same as the tweet colors from what they described.
      temp_4394_1467243487543_20
      RAMS!

Comment

• NJ Ramsfan1
        • Sep 2008

A friend of mine sent me a text referencing an article that said the Rams would be unveiling new uniforms in the next several weeks. The article also said the helmets would be different as well, This is worrisome to me, as the Ram horn is one of the iconic logos in the NFL. I unfortunately erased the text and thus cannot provide the article link. I sincerely hope Rams brass do the right thing and create excellent uniforms that bring us into the next decade in a new stadium and yet honor tradition by not having a total makeover of all that's been right with Rams uniforms in the past.

Comment

• RealRam
          • Jun 2001

Originally posted by NJ Ramsfan1 View Post
          ...The article also said the helmets would be different as well, This is worrisome to me, as the Ram horn is one of the iconic logos in the NFL. ... I sincerely hope Rams brass do the right thing and create excellent uniforms that bring us into the next decade in a new stadium and yet honor tradition by not having a total makeover of all that's been right with Rams uniforms in the past.

Absolutely! Well said NJ. -- Don't mess with the horns, pleeeeease ! ! !

Comment

• r8rh8rmike
            Rams Nation MVP
            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by NJ Ramsfan1 View Post
            A friend of mine sent me a text referencing an article that said the Rams would be unveiling new uniforms in the next several weeks. The article also said the helmets would be different as well, This is worrisome to me, as the Ram horn is one of the iconic logos in the NFL. I unfortunately erased the text and thus cannot provide the article link. I sincerely hope Rams brass do the right thing and create excellent uniforms that bring us into the next decade in a new stadium and yet honor tradition by not having a total makeover of all that's been right with Rams uniforms in the past.
            This is a letter from Demoff to fans. It sounds to me like the horns will remain on the helmets, but maybe be updated. Perhaps some shading for depth?

“This exciting time includes our new brand identity – from logos and colors to uniforms and helmets,” Demoff said. “These elements will tie to our deep roots in Los Angeles while also providing a sleek, modern look that fits with our new, world-class home. We are excited to share all of this with you over the coming months and see our players run out of the SoFi Stadium tunnel for the first time in our new uniforms as we kick off this next era of Los Angeles Rams football.”

Comment

• Curly Horns
              • Mar 2002

If they remove the Horns I'm done with the NFL.
              Curly ~ Horns

Comment

• r8rh8rmike
                Rams Nation MVP
                • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Curly Horns View Post
                If they remove the Horns I'm done with the NFL.
                The horns originated in LA, and are without a doubt elements that have "deep roots in Los Angeles", so I think the NFL is in your future.

Comment

• mde8352gorams
                  • Mar 2007

If I'm not mistaken, the Rams were the first team to add a logo to their helmets so the horns have more than a place in team folklore, but also the league's. Sure hope they are kept without any design adjustments.

Comment

• MoonJoe
                    Rams Nation MVP
                    • Mar 2002

They won’t pull the horns, it’s too much of their branding.
                    "The disappointment of losing is huge!"

Jack Youngblood

Comment

• KoaKoi
                      • Jul 2007

I don't think they'll pull the horns completely either. Apart from color, I could see them alter em a bit by adding ridges and/or lines to the horns. There's a college team with terrible looking horns...check it:

Click image for larger version

Name:	rams helmet terrible.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	177.9 KB
ID:	831418

Hopefully they won't go that far. I think that looks terrible. But I found this old school pic online.... maybe it'll be some 'ridging" like this?

Click image for larger version

Name:	rams-horn helmet.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	9.2 KB
ID:	831417

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• tomahawk247
                        NFL officials get new uniforms
                        by tomahawk247

article here: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/9585774

i dont like them at all, i prefer the traditional look. I especially dont like how the black stripes on the shirts appear really shiny, it just doesnt look right...
                        -08-04-2006, 09:30 PM
                      • RamDez
                        New uniform and new stadium both get the thumbs up
                        by RamDez
                        I loved the look of the new stadium, which should always be a positive for our Rams.

The Ram helmets look AWESOME and in my opinion DO look far better than the old helmets. The bone uniforms are good but am looking forward to the mixing in of the sol pants and the royal pants. I am not looking forward to the all royal uniform but will look forward to the addition of the sol pants with the royal top.

Did I say that the stadium looked AWESOME?

BUT

One thing that needs to change. The SoFi logo colour is the same blue the chargers are using in their new kit ................ THATS not good....
                        -09-14-2020, 04:22 AM
                      • r8rh8rmike
                        Former Rams upset team won't wear classic blue and yellow uniforms
                        by r8rh8rmike
                        Former Rams upset team won't wear classic blue and yellow uniforms

8:55 AM PT

Arash Markazi ESPN Senior Writer

LOS ANGELES -- The Los Angeles Rams were back at the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum on Thursday night for their first event at their old (and new) home since returning in January. It was a day many former Rams players thought they would never see, but there is still one lingering issue.

During Thursday’s event where fans mingled with current and former players on the field and toured the Coliseum, all of the former players and 99 percent of the fans wore the Rams’ classic blue and yellow uniforms they wore when the team last played in Los Angeles. When the Rams take the field at the Coliseum this season, however, they will play in the Millennium Blue and New Century Gold uniforms they wore in St. Louis for the majority of the season. Those uniforms and colors remain the one problem many former players and fans have with the team’s return.

Rams greats Fred Dryer, left, and David Hill take a photo with a fan at an event welcoming the team back to Los Angeles and Memorial Coliseum. Arash Markazi/ESPN.com

“I’ll never forget when I saw the Rams come out of the Coliseum tunnel for the first time in those beautiful gold and yellow uniforms with those Rams horns,” said Fred Dryer, who was a defensive end for the Rams from 1972 to 1981 before becoming an actor (most notably starring in the television series "Hunter"). “If you look at the Rams horns right now, they’re a disgrace. They’re separated, they’re stupid, and they don’t make any sense. They should join in the middle.”

The Rams will wear their classic blue and yellow uniforms twice next season, the maximum the league allows for alternate throwback uniforms, but the team is working with the league to expand that number. Teams are required by the league to submit requests to change uniforms between January and March and then must wait two years to implement those changes. The team does not plan on making any significant uniform changes until moving into their new stadium in Inglewood in 2019.

“I understand they can’t make a change for another year or two, but they don’t have to wear that uniform, they can choose to wear anything they want,” Dryer said. “Those Rams horns are known globally and for them to *******ize it like this by putting these two stripes is stupid. They should fix those horns because right now, it’s bull----."

Dryer’s sentiment was shared by many of the former players and fans wearing blue and yellow shirts and hats and throwback uniforms at the Coliseum.

“It’s the best uniform,” former Rams running back Eric Dickerson said as he walked around the field with his blue and yellow No. 29 jersey. “I think the Rams know...
                        -06-17-2016, 03:10 PM
                      • r8rh8rmike
                        Rams, fans stuck with bad uniforms for at least one more season
                        by r8rh8rmike
                        Rams, fans stuck with bad uniforms for at least one more season

May 3, 2018
                        Alden GonzalezESPN Staff Writer​​​​​​​

LOS ANGELES -- The Los Angeles Rams have the team, guided by the coach, while playing in the city -- but they still don't have the uniforms.

The Jacksonville Jaguars, Miami Dolphins and Tennessee Titans have all unveiled new uniforms this offseason, but the Rams' look has remained status quo -- a clunky concoction of what remains from St. Louis and what might lie ahead in Los Angeles.

Jerseys are a big deal, here and everywhere. And in L.A., Rams fans are really only satisfied with the laundry during those rare times when their team wears throwback, blue-and-yellow uniforms, a nod to the prior stint in L.A. that has proven to be far easier on the eyes. On other weeks, the Rams simply don't match. Their jerseys have gold, but their pants and helmets do not. It looks off, and it's even worse when they're forced to switch from white to blue jerseys on the road.

The Rams know this, and, well, they're working on it. But it takes time, and there isn't a whole lot they can do about it now. Fans will have to stomach the current incarnation of uniforms for at least one more season. The Rams might announce more details about this process at some point this summer. In the meantime, here are answers to some questions about a topic that continues to seem pressing in this market.

When are the new uniforms coming out?

Either in 2019 or 2020. That has not been firmed up. The original plan was to roll them out in 2019, because that's when the new stadium was set to open. But then that stadium got delayed a year, and now the Rams are staring at two options with their new uniforms. They can unveil them as soon as possible, to quickly rid themselves of a uniform combination that clashes. Or they can wait to roll everything out in concert with the opening of an opulent new facility that they will share with the Los Angeles Chargers. A complete rebranding, if you will. The Rams see benefits with both options.

Where are the Rams in their process?

They are working with the NFL and with Nike, specifically going through branding exercises. That's how this typically works. Teams first define what they will stand for, basically, and sometimes rally behind a catch phrase ("Rise Up" by the Atlanta Falcons, for example). From that, the logo and the colors will sprout, uniforms and other apparel serving as the visual extension of it all. Everything remains on the table for the Rams, whether it's a tweak in the logo or a change in the color scheme. In L.A., fans are clamoring for an incorporation of blue and yellow. But blue and white might also be in the mix. It's hard to see the Rams venturing outside of that.

Why didn't they just change them already?

The Rams didn't begin the process of overhauling their uniforms until...
                        -05-04-2018, 09:34 AM
                      • tmbkb8
                        Rams Uniforms
                        by tmbkb8
                        Ok, so my friends and I were talking recently about this "New Look" Rams. A new regime, new franchise quarterback, new ferocious D. We then got on the subject of uniforms. In my opinion, I would love to see the Rams return to the throwbacks permanently. How good would Sammy B look in that royal blue?!!? What are the ClanRammers opinion on this? I apologize if this has already been a thread, but I figured since this is such a different team from past years, it might as well be asked again...

GO RAMS!
                        -10-21-2010, 08:11 AM
                      Working...
                      X