X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Report: Patriots hire Jedd Fisch from Rams

Report: Patriots hire Jedd Fisch from Rams
    Posted by Charean Williams on January 24, 2020, 8:03 PM EST

Jedd Fisch has joined the Patriots’ coaching staff in a yet to be determined offensive capacity, Jim McBride of the Boston Globe reports.

Fisch was the Rams’ senior offensive assistant the past two seasons, adding assistant offensive coordinator to his job title for 2019.

He spent the 2017 season as offensive coordinator at UCLA.

Fisch has coached at five other NFL teams in addition to the Rams. He has worked for the Texans, Ravens, Broncos, Seahawks and Jaguars.

Fisch was the Jaguars’ offensive coordinator in 2012 and 2013

He has coached for Steve Spurrier, Dom Capers, Brian Billick, Mike Shanahan, Pete Carroll, Gus Bradley, Jim Harbaugh and Sean McVay, among others.

I guess it makes sense given the new OC hiring. Can only have so many chefs in the kitchen. I'm assuming the new OC (and his own guys, if any) will be handling the types of stuff Jedd was doing.

ps. i still remembering almost having a heart attack a couple years ago when I saw the announcement that the Rams hired him... I swear I read that the Rams had rehired Jeff Fischer! haha
    Last edited by KoaKoi; 4 weeks ago. Reason: postscript

Comment

Given the regression we witnessed this past season of Jared Goff, I'm not sure I'm sad to see him leave. Greg Olsen and Zac Taylor were far more successful in guiding Jared. I will openly admit the O-Line played a role in this year's performance, but they were not the key decision makers in the rash of interceptions we saw from Goff. Its probably better to have O'Connell select his guy for the spot.

The coach I'm most interested in seeing is whom we hire as the RB coach. To me that will be a critical hire given the need to amp up our run game.

Comment

I agree with MDE on the departure of Jedd Fisch. The new running back coach may well help, but better blocking up front is going to be the critical factor in improving our running game in my view. I agree that running back coach will be an interesting hire and i wonder if the new RB coach can influence whether we throw to the backs more often. One of the things that really mystified me this year about the play calling was how little we threw to gurley out of the backfield on designed plays, especially given all the problems in the run game. I am looking forward to seeing who we pick, but more anxious to see who we select for the special teams job.

Ramming speed to all

general counsel

Comment

Originally posted by general counsel View Post
          I agree with MDE on the departure of Jedd Fisch. The new running back coach may well help, but better blocking up front is going to be the critical factor in improving our running game in my view. I agree that running back coach will be an interesting hire and i wonder if the new RB coach can influence whether we throw to the backs more often. One of the things that really mystified me this year about the play calling was how little we threw to gurley out of the backfield on designed plays, especially given all the problems in the run game. I am looking forward to seeing who we pick, but more anxious to see who we select for the special teams job.

Ramming speed to all

general counsel
          Absolutely agree with your assertion about the amount of plays called to running backs, but my focus on the RB coach has as much to do with development of Darrell Henderson plus any other RB's we might select in the upcoming draft.

Comment

I loved him as a KROQ DJ. Oh wait, that was Jed the Fish. Nevermind.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• ram3057
              Rams Hire Jedd Fisch as Senior Offensive Assistant
              by ram3057
              Posted 29 minutes ago

Myles Simmons
              Rams Insider

The Rams have added to their coaching staff, hiring Jedd Fisch as senior offensive assistant.

Fisch has extensive coaching experience in both college and the NFL. He was most recently the offensive coordinator/quarterbacks coach at UCLA in 2017, making him instrumental in the development of Josh Rosen. Widely thought of as a likely early first-round pick in the 2018 NFL Draft, Rosen completed 62.1 percent of his passes as a junior for 3,717 yards with 26 touchdowns and 10 interceptions.

Fisch was promoted to interim head coach of the program after Jim Mora was dismissed in November. The Bruins went 1-1 with Fisch at the helm.

Prior to that, Fisch was the QBs coach, wide receivers coach, and passing game coordinator for Michigan under Jim Harbaugh from 2015-2016.

Fisch’s last stop in the NFL was in Jacksonville, where he served as the offensive coordinator from 2013-2014. He’s also coached for the Seahawks, Broncos, Ravens, and Texans in the pros....
              -01-24-2018, 11:35 AM
            • RockinRam
              McVay Finalizes Coaching Staff
              by RockinRam
              Feb. 18, 2017

Rams Head Coach SEAN MCVAY announced today that his 18-member coaching staff is complete.

“We have a great group of talented coaches that I’m very excited to work with this year,” McVay said. “They have a vast array of experiences and the qualities we are looking for as we build this staff. Their unique insight to the game will collectively make this team better as we prepare for the 2017 season.”

McVay previously announced WADE PHILLIPS as defensive coordinator on Jan. 19. Joining him as coordinators are MATT LAFLEUR who will oversee the offense and JOHN FASSEL who returns to the Rams for his sixth season as special teams coordinator.

McVay’s offensive staff will consist of ANDY DICKERSON (assistant offensive line), AARON KROMER (offensive line), ZAK KROMER (offensive quality control), GREG OLSON (quarterbacks), SKIP PEETE (running backs), ZAC TAYLOR (assistant wide receivers), SHANE WALDRON (tight ends) and ERIC YARBER (wide receivers).

Making up the defensive staff are JOE BARRY (assistant head coach/linebackers), THAD BOGARDUS (defensive quality control), EJIRO EVERO (safeties), BILL JOHNSON (defensive line), AUBREY PLEASANT (cornerbacks), and CHRIS SHULA (assistant linebackers). TED RATH (strength and conditioning) rounds out McVay’s staff and will enter his first season with the team as the strength and conditioning coach.

2017 LOS ANGELES RAMS COACHING STAFF

John Fassel (Special Teams Coordinator) – Served as the Rams’ special teams coordinator for the past five seasons where his units have consistently finished in the top tier of league rankings. Was Los Angeles’ interim head coach for the final three games of 2016. Led the Oakland Raiders’ special teams (2008-11) and served as an assistant in Baltimore (2005-07) prior to joining the Rams in 2012. Is the son of former Giants Head Coach Jim Fassel.

Matt LaFleur (Offensive Coordinator) – Entering his first NFL season as an offensive coordinator following a two-year stint with the Atlanta Falcons (2015-16) coaching quarterbacks, where he concluded the 2016 season with an NFC Championship title. Held the same position with the Washington Redskins (2010-13) where he coached alongside McVay. First NFL coaching position came in 2008 where he served as an offensive assistant with the Houston Texans (2008-09). Made five collegiate coaching stops over the course of his career which began in 2003 at his alma mater, Saginaw Valley State.

Wade Phillips (Defensive Coordinator) – Brings 39 seasons of coaching experience to Los Angeles, which includes 25 as a coordinator (seven teams) and nine as a full-time head coach (three teams). Previously held the same position with the Denver Broncos the past two seasons where he helped led the club to a victory in Super Bowl 50. Named Assistant Coach of the Year twice by the Pro Football Writers of America...
              -02-08-2017, 07:08 PM
            • sosa39rams
              Report: Rams Hire Aaron Kromer for OL Coach
              by sosa39rams
              According to Tom Pelissero: "Aaron Kromer is here in Mobile with the #Rams contingent. He's going to be their offensive line coach."
              -01-24-2017, 11:16 AM
            • r8rh8rmike
              Matt LaFleur, Rams have mutual interest, sources say
              by r8rh8rmike
              Matt LaFleur, Rams have mutual interest, sources say

8:20 AM PT​​​​​
              Adam SchefterESPN Senior Writer

Not only is Atlanta poised to lose offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan to the San Francisco 49ers, but the Falcons also could be losing his logical replacement, quarterbacks coach Matt LaFleur, according to league sources.

The Los Angeles Rams will request permission to speak with LaFleur after Super Bowl LI, as new head coach Sean McVay tries to reunite with the coach he once worked with on the Washington Redskins, according to sources.

LaFleur is interested in going from Atlanta to Los Angeles to reunite with McVay, who views LaFleur as a man capable of helping him implement his offense and teaching former No. 1 overall pick Jared Goff how to shine in the NFL game.

Atlanta could try to keep LaFleur, but it has expressed interest in a more experienced playcaller, someone such as former 49ers head coach Chip Kelly.
              -02-05-2017, 10:36 AM
            • Nick
              PFT: Rams doing their homework on Sean McVay
              by Nick
              Rams doing their homework on Sean McVay
              Posted by Mike Florio on January 7, 2017, 8:06 PM EST

The Rams are currently ruling out no head-coaching candidates. Eventually, they could be hiring the youngest guy on the list.

Per a source with knowledge of the situation, the Rams are spending a lot of time doing their homework on Washington offensive coordinator Sean McVay. The 30-year-old has generated plenty of buzz, and his work with Kirk Cousins apparently has prompted folks in L.A. to believe that McVay could get the most out of 2016 No. 1 overall pick Jared Goff.

The interest in McVay meshes with recent comments from Rams COO Kevin Demoff, who said that the search is focusing on current NFL assistant coaches. The other candidates are Rams special-teams coordinator/interim head coach John Fassel, Cardinals offensive coordinator Harold Goodwin, Dolphins defensive coordinator Vance Joseph, Bills offensive coordinator/interim head coach Anthony Lynn, Panthers defensive coordinator Sean McDermott, Patriots defensive coordinator Matt Patricia, Falcons offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan, Panthers assistant head coach Steve Wilks, Jaguars offensive line coach/interim head coach Doug Marrone.

At this point, it’s unlikely that the Rams will make a run at former Raiders and Buccaneers coach Jon Gruden or Saints coach Sean Payton. Both had been linked to the Rams earlier in the process.
              -01-08-2017, 05:33 AM
            Working...
            X