Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Isaac Bruce joins 2020 Hall of Fame class!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Isaac Bruce joins 2020 Hall of Fame class!

Congratulations to Isaac Bruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuce!!

Well deserved!!!!!

Comment

BRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCE!!! Long overdue!

Comment

best route runner and greatest hands ever. Great day for Rev IKE and the GSOT

ramming speed to all

general counsel

Comment

Awesome! Absolutely FANTASTIC news. This was a no-brainer for one of the greatest receivers of all-time, and one of the greatest people of all-time. Who says nice guys finish last? Congrats Ike!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IsaacBruceHelmet041.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	26.0 KB
ID:	831564

Comment

So happy to hear the news. He's been snubbed for years, and now he's finally getting his due. A great receiver and a class act. Would love to be up in Canton to see his induction. Congratulations to a great Ram!!

Comment

"Royal commendations to you Sir Isaac. Congratulations indeed."

One of the most respected WRs in the league.

And yes, long overdue recognition.

Class act.

Comment

Isaac Bruce is my second all-time favorite Ram behind only Faulk. I always hated how much publicity Holt got rather than Bruce. Bruce was the more reliable and better receiver over the course of his career (note the drop on the TD pass in the super bowl for holt among other issues). So quiet, professional and steady, not flashy and never a big mouth of publicity hound, just did his job at a very high level year after year. A true HOF'er and an exemplary Ram. It just killed me to see him in a whiners uniform at the end of his career.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

Comment

Worth a watch...

https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/s...69320994131968

Comment

Congrats Ike. He is a class act. I loved watching him play. he just went about his business with no "look at me" attitude so prevalent in the NFL. His catch and run in the super bowl was one of the most enjoyable moments for this long time Ram fan. So cool he made it in. I bet his speech will be humble as that is his persona.

Comment

I have dust in my eyes from reading this news. Finally, finally, finally!

I am so happy for Reverend Ike.
                      “Oh, 100 percent,” Donald said. “I feel like the words, ‘Thank you,’ ain’t enough. You’ve got to show it... Instead of saying thank you — show it.”

Comment

'bout dad gum time. Ike didn't become a Hall of Famer today. He has been one for years, and the HOF is just now catching up.
                        The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Comment

Saw him play in LA before they moved to St. Louis. Love the guy. Great player.
                          :helmet:

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• CarolinaRam
                            Bruce a Future Hall of Famer?
                            by CarolinaRam
                            Since we're talking about Isaac, I thought I should pose the question.

What is the criteria for Hall of Fame as a WR? In the last 20 years, there have only been eight receivers inducted (I counted).

Biletnikoff
                            Joiner
                            Largent
                            Lofton
                            Don Maynard
                            Tommy McDonald
                            Swann
                            Stallworth

Right now, there are three receivers in the semifinals for HoF - Art Monk, Andre Reed and Michael Irvin.

In the years coming, Jerry Rice, Tim Brown and Cris Carter are all shoe-ins. Personally, I think they should have expedited Rice's induction. He should have made his retirement speech and HOF speech at the same time.

Bruce is currently 10th in yards, and is sure to move up the ladder. Only 600 yards separates him from Irving Fryar, eighth on the list. After that, it's only a hop, skip and a jump to pass Steve Largent and then Andre Reed at sixth. I say if you pass Largent, you're in.

To make his HOF induction a sure thing, Isaac will have to have a few good years to finish out on. It wouldn't hurt to have a season like Jerry Rice did a few years back.
                            -12-18-2005, 06:25 AM
                            On the bright side, BRUUUUUUUUCE
                            by Guest
                            In an attempt to find joy in a season that is rapidly heading down the toilet, I repeat my post from a while back. Does isaac bruce look finished to anyone? Truly an all time great ram and a guy heading for the hall of fame. I hope he never leaves us.

ramming speed to all

general counsel
                            -09-27-2004, 05:29 AM
                          • isaacbruce4ever
                            Bruce Named Pro Football Hall of Fame Class of 2019 Finalist
                            by isaacbruce4ever
                            Clarence Dennis STAFF WRITER
                            Former Rams wide receiver Isaac Bruce has been named one of 15 Modern-era finalists for the Pro Football Hall of Fame Class of 2019 on Thursday afternoon. The 15 Modern-era nominees will be presented to the 48-member Pro Football Hall of Fame Selection Committee during its annual meeting the day before the Super Bowl. The 15 Modern-era nominees will join Senior finalists and Contributor Finalists — totaling 18 nominees. A modern-era Hall of Fame Finalist in 2017 and 2018, Bruce was a fellow cast member of “The Greatest Show on Turf” and was also a member of the 1999 Super Bowl Championship team in St. Louis. Bruce was selected in the second round of the 1994 NFL Draft by the then-Los Angeles Rams. He played 14 seasons as a Ram, before playing two seasons in San Francisco to close out his career. Bruce retired in 2009 and his No. 80 is retired by the Rams organization. Bruce is a four-time Pro Bowler and is the Rams’ all-time leader in touchdown receptions, with 84 and receiving yards, with 14,109. He finished his career with 1,024 receptions, 15,424 yards, and 91 touchdowns. Seven former Rams were included in the original list of 102 Modern-era Nominees back in September. The initial list included former Rams head coach Dick Vermeil, wide receivers Torry Holt, Isaac Bruce and Henry Ellard, linebacker London Fletcher, defensive lineman La’Roi Glover, and offensive line coach Jim Hanifan. The Pro Football Hall of Fame Class of 2019 will be announced at the NFL Honors event, which airs annually on the eve of the Super Bowl.

Come on, HOF voters, you cannot ignore a receiver with talent, stamina, and true class any longer.
                            -01-03-2019, 04:39 PM
                          • Nick
                            Sean Salisbury predicts Aeneas Williams makes Hall of Fame, but Isaac Bruce does not
                            by Nick
                            On NFL Live this afternoon, Salisbury said that Aeneas is a no brainer to make the Hall of Fame, maybe a first ballot player. But Sean claims that as of right now, Bruce does not get in, though he still has years left to play. He compared Bruce to Art Monk in that he produced without drawing attention to himself with talk, and said Bruce is one of the best route runners ever.

For comparison, here are some more of his predictions...

Steve McNair - No
                            Drew Bledsoe - No
                            Ty Law - Yes
                            Derrick Brooks - Yes, maybe 1st ballot
                            Warren Sapp - No
                            John Lynch - No
                            Michael Strahan - "Tweener" but he gets in
                            Will Shields - "Biggest no brainer of the group"
                            -08-05-2005, 01:32 PM
                          • GreatestShow99
                            Isaac Bruce 1995
                            by GreatestShow99