Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Brandin Cooks be traded? Michael Silver thinks it's possible.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Brandin Cooks be traded? Michael Silver thinks it's possible.

Michael Silver
    @MikeSilver

Brandin Cooks has been traded twice in his career (Saints to Patriots, Patriots to Rams), with a first-round pick included on each occasion. The 7th-year WR could be traded again this offseason, and it likely wouldn't take a 1.

10:58 AM · Mar 16, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

I am trying to stay positive, but the Rams are in a very tough situation. I see the Gurley is not willing to discuss his contract. What about Goff?

Comment

Silver has Cooks being trading and the possibility of the Rams cutting Gurley if they can’t trade him. Who does this guy know?

Comment

Rumor:

Comment

Pretty sure that's fake.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
            Pretty sure that's fake.
            Comes from the "Too good to be true" files. I'd make this deal in a heartbeat if I were a Rams executive. The loss of Cooks would be off set by getting a 24 year old receiver coming off a 1300 yard season, we rid ourselves of a guy who'll never again reach past levels of productivity, gaining some cap relief in the process, AND get a 1st round pick??

Like I said- too good to be true.

Comment

Originally posted by NJ Ramsfan1 View Post

Comes from the "Too good to be true" files. I'd make this deal in a heartbeat if I were a Rams executive. The loss of Cooks would be off set by getting a 24 year old receiver coming off a 1300 yard season, we rid ourselves of a guy who'll never again reach past levels of productivity, gaining some cap relief in the process, AND get a 1st round pick??

Like I said- too good to be true.
              April fools day is a few weeks away...….

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Nick
                Over/Under for WR Brandin Cooks
                by Nick
                The Rams traded their first round selection in the 2018 NFL Draft for wide receiver Brandin Cooks, whose quickness and deep play ability has been on display for the both the New Orleans Saints and the New England Patriots since he’s come into the league in 2014.

Unlike Sammy Watkins, whom the Rams thought could be their emerging big play receiver last year after trading for him with Buffalo, Cooks will spend the entire offseason working with the team and developing a connection with his new quarterback, Jared Goff. Based on early reviews, the excitement is building about what Cooks could do this season.

I’ve gone back and looked at Cooks’s career numbers, and have come up with the following projection…

78 receptions, 1,088 yards, 8 touchdowns

Essentially, I took career receptions, yards, and touchdowns, divided them by the games he’s played, and then projected that across a full season.

So which is it – are you taking the over or the under? Will Brandin Cooks eclipse these statistical projections in 2018, or will he fall short?...
                Over - I think Cooks will surpass those projections this season.
                80.00%
                Under - I don't think Cooks will reach those numbers in 2018.
                20.00%
                -06-10-2018, 07:25 AM
              • Nick
                Rams exercise Jared Goff's fifth-year option 
                by Nick
                Rams exercise Jared Goff's fifth-year option
                Tuesday, Apr 23, 2019 12:05 PM
                Myles Simmons
                RAMS INSIDER

In a move that should surprise no one, the Rams have elected to exercise the fifth-year option on quarterback Jared Goff’s rookie contract.

With the latest collective bargaining agreement — enacted in 2011 — all teams have the option to extend the standard four-year rookie contracts of first-round draft picks to a fifth year. The Rams famously traded up to the No. 1 overall pick back in 2016 to select Goff, and now he’s under contract through the 2020 season.

This is a standard procedure throughout the league, especially for players who have developed at an expected rate for a first-round pick. Last year, Los Angeles exercised the fifth-year options on both running back Todd Gurley and cornerback Marcus Peters. The Rams then signed Gurley to an extension at the start of 2018 training camp. Peters remains under contract on his fifth-year option as of now, though the Rams have expressed interest in signing him to a long-term deal.

Through three seasons, Goff has thrown for 9,581 yards with 65 touchdowns, completing 62.1 percent of passes in the process. Over the last two years, Goff has compiled a regular-season record of 24-7 and a 100.8 passer rating while leading L.A. to consecutive NFC West division titles....
                -04-23-2019, 03:01 PM
              • macrammer
                Rams v Patriots Super Bowl LIII Prediction!!!!
                by macrammer
                Rams Nation eagerly await the Rams kick-off slated for this Sunday. Hard to believe that just two years ago, Rams finished 4-12, Goff was 0-7 as a starter and Gurley was nowhere to be found in the woebegone franchise. Then a savior comes into view by the name of McVay. He, of no HC experience and 30 years young. Well, after an 11-4 campaign in 2017 (I do not count the Whiner game!!!!) and 13-3 this year, giving our rejuvenated team a 24-7 regular season record under boy wonder. Now, we are just day's away........from seeing our beloved team in the SB!!!

The Patriots and Rams have only met 13 times. These teams do not know each other well. Pats lead the series 8-5 including the upset of our team in SB 2001. It is time for that horror to be rectified

it will be a grind. Patriots will try to shut down our running game and force errors by our young QB. But after beating the Saints in the loudest venue I have ever heard, I do not see Rams getting rattled.....

Rams 31
                Pats 21

What say you?

-01-29-2019, 02:52 PM
              • NJ Ramsfan1
                Thoughts and Observations
                by NJ Ramsfan1
                The Rams picked the absolute worst time for an offensive clunker, laying an egg in the Super Bowl, and there were plenty of culprits. Start with Gurley, who showed again that he's obviously hurt, despite the repeated and ridiculous proclamations to the contrary by the organization, McVay and Gurley himself. Was a tight end's name mentioned all night? Higbee and Everett apparently went into Witness Protection, because they were totally invisible. Ditto for Robert Woods, who contributed virtually nothing. Only Reynolds and Cooks carried their weight offensively though Cooks' two drops killed us (more on this later).

Goff could never get it going. He wasn't helped, as his offensive line played poorly for much of the night, especially Austin Blythe, who was tossed around like a salad every time I watched him. Goff nonetheless took a couple of ill-advised sacks and was skittish on throws when pressure came. He continued his pattern of making bad reads from time to time, trying to hit covered receivers while others roamed free. It's his biggest weakness, IMO, and one has to hope it's the byproduct of youth which will be improved with reps and experience.

Three pivotal plays changed the course of this game. One was the phantom holding call on Sullivan during Gurley's 27 yard run- a call that changed the drive and forced a punt. Terrible, over-officious call. And plays two and three were the drops by Cooks- difficult catches for sure, but ones made by big time players in big time moments. The 2nd one in particular on a beautifully thrown ball by Goff REALLY hurt, as a possible 10-10 tie was replaced by an interception thrown one play later. Game over.

McVay was outcoached. One can safely say that because when a man's bread and butter- offensive football- is reduced to a pile of trash on the biggest stage in the sport, he didn't do a good job and had no answers. Why weren't the tight ends incorporated more? Why wasn't CJ Anderson given a bigger role given Gurley's continued troubles? The Goff fake handoff and play action fooled no one. And I think if the offense is predicated too much on the success of one guy (Gurley), you're going to have problems, as evidenced tonight.

Credit Phillips, who had the defense ready. They played well enough to win, and despite their lousy coverage of Edelman, made stops when needed and kept New England off the scoreboard. We'll certainly see some changes for next year, but couldn't have asked too much more from them- this defeat rests squarely on the offensive side of the ball. And if you had bet me this would be the way the game would go, I'd have lost my shirt.

In time, I'll appreciate the season we had, but in sports, you must take advantage of opportunities given to you in Championship Games, because you never know if or when you'll ever get back. A bitter pill to swallow on so many levels....
                -02-04-2019, 04:29 AM
              • Nick
                The Rams have voted on their captains
                by Nick
                The captains are...

Andrew Whitworth
                Todd Gurley
                Trumaine Johnson
                Connor Barwin
                Alec Ogletree
                Johnny Hekker
                -09-07-2017, 03:58 PM