X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 99rams
    • Nov 2019

Cam Newton suggestion? Really?

Anything can happen. It would be a great 1-2 QB punch.....as long as Goff doesn’t start dressing like Cam.
  • 99rams
    • Nov 2019

I don’t see this happening. That was from an NFL analyst suggesting the Rams are a great fit for Cam. I’m seeing him in NE depending on whether there is football in 2020.

Comment

• r8rh8rmike
      Rams Nation MVP
      • Jun 2004

Jared Goff is the Rams starting QB and he's not going anywhere, and there is no way the Rams can afford a shadow starter, nor do they need one.

Comment

• general counsel
        • Jun 2005

The internet makes it very easy for people to throw any idea out there for discussion. Free speech is a good thing. Cam Newton on the Rams has a probability of exactly zero.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

Comment

• 99rams
          • Nov 2019

I don’t see him in WA either. Rivera hit it on the head. It’s the circumstances driving these last bug contracts as the NFL realizes we may be talking 2021.

Comment

• cowboyhater
            • Jan 2005

I even saw the name Dalton thrown around. Sheesh! We don't have the money for that level of backup, and we don't have the money for a QB controversy. The best 1-2 QB punch we had was Warner-Green in 2000-2001. Before that it was Waterfield-Van Broklin in 1951. You can make a case for Jaworski-Harris-Haden as best threesome. But it usuallly doesn't work out, especially in the era of the salary cap.

Comment

• NJ Ramsfan1
              • Sep 2008

What is Blake Bortles' status? Is he back? Haven't heard a thing about him. If he's still on contract great. But if he's a free agent, we'd be wise to re-sign him. He's a capable back-up, won't cost a fortune, and has previous starting experience. You need a decent guy behind your starter in today's NFL. And if Bortles isn't still with the Rams, this could be why an NFL analyst suggested Newton would be a good fit. Going into the season with Goff and some no-name as his back-up is unwise.

Still, it's unrealistic to expect that a team with an unquestioned young starter would entertain bringing Dalton or Newton aboard and paying them handsomely for the privilege. And Newton is an entirely different player than Goff, and I'd imagine still fancies himself a starter.
              Last edited by NJ Ramsfan1; -05-04-2020, 03:56 AM.

Comment

• general counsel
                • Jun 2005

Bortles is a free agent. I think we would be happy to have him back if he is cheap. I think bortles was hoping to get a shot at the starting job in new england.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

Comment

• KoaKoi
                  • Jul 2007

Originally posted by NJ Ramsfan1 View Post
                  What is Blake Bortles' status? ...
                  Rams only had him on a super cheap 1 year deal with Jags basically paying 80% of his salary. So he's FA. Even if Bortles was willing to sign for "cheap", the Rams probably still wouldn't be able to afford it. I suspect Rams will let Wolford duel it out with the udfa guys (Love, Perkins) they just signed.

Comment

widgetinstance 232 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X