X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cooper Kupp changing his number from 18 to 10

Cooper Kupp changes his number
    Posted by Michael David Smith on May 12, 2020, 10:23 AM EDT

Rams wide receiver Cooper Kupp has announced that he is changing his jersey number from 18 to 10.

Kupp wrote on Twitter that he has always wanted to wear No. 10, the number he wore in college, but it wasn’t available when he joined the Rams because fellow receiver Pharoh Cooper was wearing it. Now that No. 10 is available, Kupp is trading in No. 18 for No. 10.

No. 18 was most famously worn on the Rams by quarterback Roman Gabriel from 1962 to 1972, and Kupp singled Gabriel out for thanks in announcing that he’ll hang the number back up.

People who have purchased Kupp No. 18 jerseys won’t be getting their money back, but Kupp said he is teaming with an NFL-licensed apparel company for people who have bought his jersey this year so that they can mail the jersey in and get it sent back repurposed “into a bespoke garment designed by my wife, Anna, and me.”

Interesting. Good read. Thanks

PS: Greetings to Gabriel.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
      Cooper Kupp changes his numberPeople who have purchased Kupp No. 18 jerseys won’t be getting their money back, but Kupp said he is teaming with an NFL-licensed apparel company for people who have bought his jersey this year so that they can mail the jersey in and get it sent back repurposed “into a bespoke garment designed by my wife, Anna, and me.”
      Interesting. I wonder if that will be free minus the cost to ship it there?

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Nick
        Complete List of Rams Offseason Jersey Changes
        by Nick
        Complete List of Rams Offseason Jersey Changes
        Posted 53 minutes ago
        Nate Bain
        Digital Media Manager
        @natebain

There is a whole lot of moving and shaking going on in the Rams equipment room. Before workouts really heat up, veterans and rookies are staking claim to new jersey numbers.

For some players, a jersey number carries a deep attachment. For instance, safety Brian Randolphhas worn No. 37 for his entire career, including youth football. Once No. 37 became available, he was eager to make the switch.

Here is the full list of jersey number changes as of May 2:

Veteran Number Changes:
        WR Marquez North changed his jersey number from 3 to 13
        RB Malcolm Brown changed his jersey number from 39 to 34
        S Brian Randolph changed his jersey number from 43 to 37
        DL Morgan Fox changed his jersey number from 70 to 97

Rookie Draft Class:
        WR Josh Reynolds will wear: 9
        WR Cooper Kupp will wear: 18
        FB Sam Rogers will wear: 39
        S John Johnson will wear: 43
        OLB Samson Ebukam will wear: 50
        LB Ejuan Price will wear: 51
        TE Gerald Everett will wear: 83
        DT Tanzel Smart will wear: 92

UDFAs:
        DB Aarion Penton will wear: 5
        DB Ishmael Adams will wear: 36
        RB Justin Davis will wear: 42
        DB Dravious Wright will wear: 45
        DB Jared Collins will wear: 48 (Defense)
        TE Johnny Mundt will wear: 48 (Offense)
        ILB Kevin Davis will wear: 60 (Defense)
        OL Jake Eldrenkamp will wear: 60 (Offense)
        OLB Folarin Orimolade will wear: 66 (Defense)
        OL Anthony McMeans will wear: 66 (Offense)
        DT Casey Sayles will wear: 70
        -05-02-2017, 05:57 PM
      • r8rh8rmike
        'Ochcinco' Will Adorn The Back Of His Jersey
        by r8rh8rmike
        Fri May 15, 2009 10:58 am EDT

'Ochocinco' will adorn the back of his jersey
        By MJD

The Bengals wide receiver who was born "Chad Johnson" finally gets his wish this season for a really clever and awesome name on the back of his jersey. Sort of.

I think he wanted "Ocho Cinco," which is Spanish for "Eight Five." He'll be settling for "Ochocinco," though, which is just as nonsensical in Spanish as it is in English.

Why doesn't he get the two-word version he wanted? Because that's not how he filled out the form. He wrote "Ochocinco" on the legally binding name-change document in Florida, so that's his legal name, and that's what will be on his jersey. One might think that when a man changes his name for the rest of eternity, he'd be pretty careful when filling out the form. Guess not.

He wanted to make the change last year, but couldn't, because Reebok had already printed up all the "C. Johnson" jerseys that they planned to sell in '08, and if Chad wanted to change, he'd have had to pay for them all. The coast is clear in '09, though, the NFL and Reebok are on board, and are, in fact, already selling the Ochocinco jerseys.

I hope it's worth it for him. I hope whatever thrill or giggle he gets out of taking the field with "Ochocinco" on the back of his jersey makes him as happy as he thought it would. At this point, I don't think it amuses anyone else all that much.
        -05-15-2009, 03:36 PM
      • RamDez
        Rams rookie Nick Scott changes jersey number
        by RamDez
        The Los Angeles Rams parted ways with 37 players over the weekend as they cut their roster down from 90 to 53 players. As a result, a lot of jersey numbers opened up, and players who made the team have begun making changes.

Rookie safety Nick Scott swapped out his No. 46 jersey for one better suited for safety, taking No. 33.

That number was previously worn by running back Justin Davis, who was released by the team and not signed to the practice squad.

Scott is the first player to change his jersey number, but more could be coming. David Long Jr., for instance, wears No. 41, but with Kevin Peterson being waived and claimed by the Cardinals, No. 25 is now available. He won’t be able to get his college number of 22, but 25 is a better cornerback number than 41....
        -09-03-2019, 12:46 PM
      • big_country78
        Jersey numbers?
        by big_country78
        i hope this is the proper place to post this thread, please bear with me in th beginning while i figure it all out.

My dad's birthday is comming up, and i want to get him a new rams jersey. he like to have odd jerseys (not the run of the mill holt, bruce, bulger, jackson, pace, jerseys that you can get anywhere). i want to get him a Carriker Jersey, i will have to go to a make your own jersey site. i was just wondering what his number is. in college it was #90, and in all mincamp photos he is wearing #90. would you say its pretty safe to say that #90 is going to be the number?
        -06-29-2007, 08:20 AM
      • AlphaRam
        Rams Jersey Number Changing?
        by AlphaRam
        I saw that the jerseys on the Rams website (for the ProShop) are displaying the numbers in block-style instead of the rounded numbers that we have seen since the early 2000's. Has anyone heard or seen if the numbers will be changed? Thanks!

-04-25-2010, 08:30 PM
      Working...
      X