Rams trivia (no googling)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rams trivia (no googling)

The Rams passed on the greatest player in the history of the NFL in the 1957 draft, the incomparable Jim Brown. The Rams needed a running back, and with the second pick in the draft they picked one, but it wasn't Brown, who went 6th to Cleveland.

No googling, what running back did the Rams select at #2, the guy they thought was better than Jim Brown.

Ramming speed to all

general counsel

Daaaa! So close to the tip of my tongue! Glad you said 'no Google'.

Comment

Before my time. If it were later, names like Elvis Peacock and Trung Canidate popped up in my head.

Comment

Answer. Jon Arnett, USC star. He made five pro bowls for the Rams and then played for the Bears, not a bad player, but no Jim Brown. Classic pick in that era to enhance attendance by taking a local guy.

Ramming speed to all

general counsel

Comment

Nice job GC. Thanks!

Comment

Jim Brown might not have been Jim Brown if the Rams picked him. Kinda like Tom Brady.

Comment

I strongly encourage younger fans on this board to go on youtube and watch highlights of Jim Brown. Little known fact, he was the greatest lacrosse player of all time in addition to being probably the best football player ever.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• general counsel
                Rams trivia
                by general counsel
                Name the only Rams player who is a member of the pro basketball hall of fame?

Hint: He appeared in training camp for the rams, he did not appear in a regular season game.

Ramming speed to all

general counsel
                -08-26-2011, 08:24 AM
              • general counsel
                malcolm brown and hatfield onto injured reserve
                by general counsel
                Given that the rams have already activated cooper and talib from injured reserve, i think this means that brown is officially out for the year including the playoffs. Am i wrong (hopefully) about that?

Ramming speed to all

general counsel
                -12-12-2018, 11:27 AM
              • general counsel
                rams trivia question
                by general counsel
                Name the only rams general manager who also served as both a general manager of a major league baseball team and as a major league umpire. I wonder if any other person has ever served in all three of those capacities (gm in football, baseball and baseball umpire), i would say it is pretty unlikely.

Answer to be posted tonight, but i strongly suspect that given the plethora of knowledge held by the collective clanram, someone will post the answer in the next ten minutes.

Ramming speed to all

general counsel
                -11-10-2005, 07:26 AM
              • Country
                What if OT Levi Brown is the BPA?
                by Country
                I have been watching the combine and Levi Brown has been very impressive if Levi Brown is the best player available do the Rams have to look at taking him.

Play him at OG until Pace retires.
                -02-24-2007, 03:37 PM
              • general counsel
                Rams Trivia.. name the only ram...
                by general counsel
                Name the only person ever associated with the rams organization that is in the Baseball Hall of Fame.

Ramming speed to all

general counsel
                -01-21-2006, 09:56 PM
              Working...
              X