Looks Like Fans In SoFi Stadium Might Be A Go

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looks Like Fans In SoFi Stadium Might Be A Go

LA Mayor Gil Garcetti, who said there will be no fans at large sporting events in LA until 2021 because of Covid 19 concerns, seems to have a different attitude now on the dangers. A few days ago, he joined thousands of people outside his residence, hung out and spoke to them, all while packed together like sardines for an extended period of time.
    Maybe there's hope for a "regular" season and Rams fans packed into SoFi Stadium? The NFL should be able to follow the lead of Mayor Garcetti.

Click image for larger version  Name:	LDN-L-GARCETTI-014-0603-1.jpg Views:	1 Size:	26.8 KB ID:	833093

​​
    Last edited by r8rh8rmike; 4 weeks ago.

Not likely. It's your typical "do as I say, not as I do" power tripping politician. They don't care about us peasants, or what's happening to us, they just care about enjoying their lives and micro managing ours.

gap

Comment

Originally posted by gap View Post
      they just care about enjoying their lives and micro managing ours.

gap
      Sure, but "enjoying their lives" includes getting reelected. If public opinion has swayed enough away from the panic... so will the politicians.

We have simply had very low cases of emergency from covid in CA. I'll see if I can find one of the graphs from the ca.gov website I saw that shows a huge drop in ICU bed use for covid stuff...

UPDATE:

So here's one of the graphs on the ca.gov website. It shows how huge of a drop April had from a numbers standpoint. Obviously, there's a ton of other graphs and I'm not intentionally cherry-picking anything.... just thought this one was one of more significance because it deals with whether the state has sufficient emergency services (ie. ICU beds with ventilators) for incoming covid patients, and I don't feel like grabbing all the others. Feel free to look up the others if you care to. Here's the one that "speaks" to me. At the very end of March/first couple days of April, ICU's peaked at around 500 . It shows that in the rest of the month of April, the ICU use dropped by half, and then throughout May, did not significantly rise back up. If June stays the same while we continue to "reopen", I don't doubt the power of capitalism... I know other areas were hit differently, but here in the most populous state, 221 ICU patients is miniscule.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Covid capture re CA ICU.PNG Views:	0 Size:	5.0 KB ID:	833088

Last edited by KoaKoi; -06-04-2020, 12:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by gap View Post
        Not likely. It's your typical "do as I say, not as I do" power tripping politician. They don't care about us peasants, or what's happening to us, they just care about enjoying their lives and micro managing ours.
        Yeah I know, I was being tongue in cheek while taking a jab at the ridiculous hypocrisy.

Comment

Not unusual these days. Politicians will always think about their re-election chances. But, Mike I must point out that you're dating yourself. Gil Garcetti was the prosecutor in the OJ case. The mayor of LA is Eric Garcetti, I presume his younger brother.

I truly hope the fan attendance issue gets resolved as the Rams will desperately need the cap to go up, not down given the re-signings we need next year.

Comment

Originally posted by mde8352gorams View Post
            ut, Mike I must point out that you're dating yourself. Gil Garcetti was the prosecutor in the OJ case. The mayor of LA is Eric Garcetti, I presume his younger brother.
            Oops! LOL You're right my friend, Eric, son of Gil. He's still a hypocrite of epic proportions.

Comment

Originally posted by r8rh8rmike View Post

Oops! LOL You're right my friend, Eric, son of Gil. He's still a hypocrite of epic proportions.
              No worries I have made the same mistake.

Comment

My thought is we need baseball to start first. If we could get that rolling by the time football season starts we should be good. I also believe that pressure from the people, fans and Stan's group will help. He just built a 5 billion dollar stadium and the infection rate of a strain of flu is .5% and you're going to tell him he can't open? Same goes for Vegas...
                "The disappointment of losing is huge!"

Jack Youngblood

Comment

Good point Moon. If it works for baseball, it will work for football.

Ramming speed to all

general counsel

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• NJ Ramsfan1
                    Game Attendance
                    by NJ Ramsfan1
                    There have been a number of comments critical of what is perceived to be poor attendance at Rams games. I'll offer this as food for thought:

First of all, the LA Colosieum is a cavernous facility of over 100,000 seats. You could put 80,000 people in that building and it would still look "empty".

Secondly, the Rams must win consistently to draw fans. No news flash there. This is a team that has been lousy for 13 years, and was lousy for ten years prior to the GSOT days. There is too much to do in the LA area for fans to subject themselves to bad football week after week.There are only a few teams in the league who have the luxury of losing while still having their fans show up and sell out their stadium. The Rams aren't one of them - nor will they be anytime soon. The Rams will have to prove themselves to fans before that loyalty is returned.

And finally, the Rams need to build a base in LA. Yes, there are a number of holdovers from the "old days" when the LA Rams were a staple, but that is ancient history. Thinking you're gonna' get 50-60 thousand old school fans to go to these games I feel is extremely wishful thinking. Remember that this is a city that has been without football for more than 20 years. They've gotten used to that, and old habits die hard. New fans have to be won- and again, it comes down to putting a product on the field people want to root for.

LA has a team (two teams) because of Kroenke's billions and the promise of a new stadium in a few years which will dwarf anything currently out there. I'm sure this will draw huge crowds when complete, but for now, we need to realize that 50-60 thousand fans is probably going to be considered a good crowd at the Colosieum.
                    -09-11-2017, 04:46 AM
                  • MauiRam
                    Coty Sensabaugh appears on SportsCenter, sends a message to Rams fans
                    by MauiRam

By: Jake Elenbogen

The Los Angeles Rams signed former Tennessee Titans cornerback Coty Sensabaugh this offseason, and since he has been creating a fair amount of buzz. First, he was thoughtful enough to actually use his honeymoon as a time to donate shoes to the needy. Now he’s recently appeared on ESPN’s SportsCenter with a message for the fans.

It hasn’t taken long for Sensabaugh to become a household name for Rams fans. Even though this is his first season with the team, he’s still doing his part in trying to develop a strong fan base in Los Angeles.

Sensabaugh was invited to Sportscenter Face to Face segment with Hannah Storm, where he had the following to say about his arrival in L.A.:

“You know when I was going through free agency, for some reason or another I never expected to be a part of the Rams. I remember when the owners’ meetings were going on and they announced the Rams were moving to L.A., and I was like man that has to be tough for those guys, moving cross-country from St. Louis to L.A.”

Sensabaugh is now definitely enjoying the sunny skies and sandy beaches of Los Angeles though, and that is probably one of the main reasons he signed with the Rams. He had this to say on the aftermath of the Rams big move:

“So a couple months later I ended up signing with the L.A. Rams and I was one of those guys picking up everything with my wife and moving. It’s been very hectic, but it’s been a blessing. I got to participate in a draft day party at L.A. Live. It was crazy, I can’t give you an estimate of how many people were there, but the streets were flooded and there was just so much love and energy. You can tell they are happy to have us back and we are going to give the city something to be proud of”

The special part of this, is the fact that the Los Angeles fans had been going to rallies, petitioning and trying to do their part to bring their team back. This is a testament to all the hard work that the fans really put in to show the NFL and the Rams organization that they really care about the franchise.

The 27-year old cornerback was then asked if he sensed pressure to put a winning team on the field.

“I feel just as competitive, the Rams have been really close, following from afar the past couple of years. Now being inside the building, we’re right there. You know, like I said, we are going to give the city of L.A. something to be proud of. We will put a great product on the field and I’m just excited to be a part of it.”

Sensabaugh is endorsing his team to do big things this year....
                    -07-17-2016, 11:24 AM
                  • hpbadger
                    How bad were SoCal Rams fans?
                    by hpbadger
                    Ok. I am new to this bbs so this may have been covered before but I have read posts referring to "lackluster support" in the LA area for the Rams. I did not live in LA but remember seeing the LA Coliseum on TV jam packed with 70, 80, and 90 thousand Rams fans at times. After they moved to Anaheim I thought the angels stadium looked pretty full on the idiot box as well. In the 1979 Super bowl nfl films video there is a moronic reference to LA fans "putting on a show" or just there to be seen etc. while the Steelers fans presumably eat, breath and sleep Steelers football in between trips to the steel meal! Anyways, I never bought into this bidness about LA Rams fans not caring about the Rams....maybe some Los Angelinos on this bbs can expand on this . Thank you.
                    -02-05-2002, 04:22 PM
                  • RockinRam
                    LA Times Bashes Rams with Headline; Results in Backlash
                    by RockinRam
                    As the hangover from the Superbowl loss started to seep in, the Los Angeles Times believed that a snarky, insulting front-page headline would be just the remedy for mourning Rams fans.

And insult they did. Labeling the team the "Lambs", they essentially diminished the incredible year the team has had to reach the biggest game in football. The impact the Rams organization has had to the sports community in Los Angeles is tangible and measurable.

However, the significance of their impact this year expanded far past the gridiron. From the incredibly tragic shooting at Borderline Bar & Grill in November to the havoc and destruction that the wildfires caused, the Rams were a pillar of support and stability in the community, with many players offering assistance and time to help the victims.

With a year the Rams have had, both on and off the field, one would think that not only the fans would be behind them, but also the very news outlets that report them and beg for press passes.

Unfortunately, it seems that either the LA Times are now ran by bitter Saints fans, or they are idiots and did not fully comprehend how much of an impact the Rams have had in Los Angeles.

The results are telling. There is significant backlash on Twitter. People have been bashing the newspaper company, with many saying they have now canceled their subscription, some of which have lasted over 10-20 years. Several editors of the LA Times have come forward with very weak apologies, all of which have also been ridiculed.

I think it's very telling that a team that has only been in the city for 2 years after a 20 year disappearance act can have enough support from its fans to make those fans turn off their loyalty to a newspaper that has been around since 1881.

Los Angeles is now the Rams city. The LA Times better get with the times.

~Rockin...
                    -02-07-2019, 08:26 AM
                  • Roy G. Biv
                    I just want our LA contingency to know....
                    by Roy G. Biv
                    ....that when the dust has settled from all these business wheelings/dealings, and the St. Louis Rams are still the St. Louis Rams, that you will still have a home here. Even though, some of you have gone out of your way to alienate fellow St. Louis Rams fans, it's all going to be water under the bridge. By gones will be by gones.

And by then, maybe the team will be winning again. We can put all this losing and ugliness behind us, and once again just be St. Louis Rams fans all under the same tent with no geographic dissension.

It's going to be a new day soon. And I just want you to know: no hard feelings; all will be forgiven. In the end we're all just Rams fans.
                    -01-31-2010, 06:36 PM
                  Working...
                  X