This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Az???

After another fumble, what should the Rams do?

(this poll has been posted before, but after monday, it was warranted)
    Re-sign him, he's a great receiver
    44.83%
    Re-sign him, then trade him
    17.24%
    Give him an offer, but don't persue it too much
    24.14%
    Let him go in Free Agency
    13.79%

The poll is expired.

I have to stick by him guys. I think he'll be worth it. Proehl may retire, Az knows the system. Take him off punt returns, get someone in the draft or via FA. Made a big catch after fumbling the punt.

Comment

Damn, he made me MAD monday, but i agree with TxRam, he knows the system, he's a pretty good reciever. Remmember however, the SuperBowl? Warner threw a pretty pass to him in the 1st and he muffed it. Martz says he's sticking with him, so what can we say? Go Rams.

Comment

I say..

I don't know the money situation. Can the Rams afford him? I don't know? Especially with London coming up on FA. What does the team do?

Hakeem is a good receiver who could start for anyone else. He just can't keep returning punts. BOTTOM LINE! He is a liability back there.

Personally, I would like to keep him (as a WR) but ultimately I think he get's traded. You can't let him walk as a FA with nothing in return.

Comment

Priorities

I've posted this elsewhere, but the P-D has reported that the Rams only project being able to sign 2 of 3 free agents.

Fletcher, Little, and Hakim are all up after the season.

Fletcher is a given, he's the heart and soul of the defense, and the toughest to replace in Lovie's scheme.

I argue for Little; in his 1st year as a starter, he has been dominant at times. Could have challenged Strahan for the sack lead if not for the injury. A lot of St. Louisans are still upset about the drunk driving death his rookie year, but he's been a good citizen since then, and he did serve his sentence.

I say try to trade Az, and if not, let him go. Try to keep Ricky for one more year, and draft a WR/KR in the 2nd or 3rd round. There has got to be someone that fumbles less than Az; with our offense, field position is less important that actually HAVING THE BALL!

Comment

i like longhorn's thoughts...

it's definitely known that two of the three will return next year and Az is considered #1 to the Rams. Little will probably be the one to go, unfortunately.

I too would like a WR picked in the early rounds to replace Az.

Comment

AZ

Az is a good WR, keep him, work with him in the off season on his catching skills on PR's, and see what happens. If it dosnt imporove, then you will have a trading option, but if u just let him go, you wont get anything for a great talent at WR like that:mask:

Comment

Looks like.....

most want to keep him & I agree. W13 has the right idea, practice, practice, practice!!

I must say though, when he fumbled that punt, I was ready to give him away. :upset: He did redeem himself somewhat though.

Drafting a PR & making Az the #2 or 3 rec. With Ricky planning retirement & Ike not getting any younger, it's a good move.

BTW, longhornrams, I read somewhere Fletch would be the odd man out. I love the guy, "heart & soul" as you say. I hope it was just some media type spouting off!

Comment

If the choice is between Fletcher and Az, Az has to go. He is the third wr and Fletcher is the Defense. Wiht Holt and Bruce AZ is expendable.

Comment

while most are saying to flat out and keep him, if you combine the other three categories for not keeping him or just not persuing it - it's about 50-50. Half the people want him to stay, but at the same time the other half have doubts and other ideas about him.

Comment

I think Hakim's fumble today was the final straw.Martz finally benched him.We had a chance to put the game away and Hakim's fumble put Carolina right back in it.We cant afford for him to do this in the playoffs.Az hasnt returned a punt for a TD this year,so the pros and cons of having him return punts is on the side of the cons.I say, sign Fletcher and Little and let Az do what he will.I like Az,but he is not worth a huge contract.

:angryram: GO RAMS! STAY FOCUSED! WIN!:shield:
                      ST.LOUIS RAMS:THE MOST FRUSTRATING TEAM IN THE NFL!!!

Comment

I have posted previously to keep him, but after today I am not too sure. He just dosen't seem to concentrate, like his head really isn't in the game. Last year, his fumbles in the previous games would have been devastating.

I just don't see how his upside outweighs the fumbles anymore.
                        Last edited by txramsfan; -12-23-2001, 05:51 PM.

Comment

Get rid of that loser Az Za-whatever. This guy makes me madder and madder every week and your're right, last year he would definitely have lost us everything. My sister could hang on to the ball better. :mad: What is this guy's major malfunction?!!!!!!!:mad: :angryram:

Comment

On a previous post, I too thought we should keep Az, just not at the expense of Fletcher or Little.

After today's game enough is enough. Dre Bly needs to be the return man from here on in. Az should be a 4th receiver only (Proehl holds on to the ball).

On the one hand I am impressed by his natural talent bu talent counts for nothing where a player doesn't play with either their heart or head in the game (Az's head just doesn't seem to be in the game as of late).

Remember, after a near glorious comeback against the Saints in the playoffs last year, it was Az who fumbled a punt and ended the season for the Rams. He has done little to redeem himself this year.

The punt is off :upset: :rolleyes: :mad: Az Fumbles!

Comment

I said let him go in free agency, and I feel that even more after yesterday.

He wasn't even close on the fumble (and it was the only punt he tried to catch). Hit him square in the chest.

And did you see how Carolina played punts? Put 4 guys 3 yards from Hakim in a circle, just waiting for the inevitable fumble. Ridiculous.

Didn't Proehl used to return punts for Arizona? Could we put him back there just to fair catch?

Comment