Trade Question (Hypothetical)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trade Question (Hypothetical)

There is a poll going on right now on the board involving Hakeem. What does the team do?

I was just thinking, what if we sign and trade him? There are obviously many senarios. We bite some salary, trade for a pick, a player, yada, yada, yada. What does the team do? That is, assuming he get's traded.

What if we sign and trade him to someone like the Houston Texans? You can't tell me those guys wouldn't salivate over a reciever like Az! What would be the team's options on a sign and trade? Who would take the contract? I think someone like the Texans would bite. Trade him for a 2nd and 3rd, or something like that. Maybe to another team looking for a good receiver for a proven player in exchange.

Give me some opinions on this.

there is yet one more thing, most of you seem to have forgotten about

The EXPANSION DRAFT

I think Martz and Armey are a lot better than think here.

I feel they are keeping some players around just for this.

I can name one right of the bat, Yo Murphy

Comment

I've heard alot about this Claymore alum but I really don't know much about Murphy other than his stints in the preseason. Is he on the active roster? If he is on the regular roster, it would be nice to see him perform in some of these last 3 games. can he hold on to the ball over the middle?

Comment

AGREE DEZ

Jacoby Sheppard comes to mind as well as Frank Garcia.

Comment

OK, thats 3, now who else ;)

Comment

Holcombe or Watson? With all our talent at D-Line, are we at risk there?

Comment

Dline we protect Little (assuming he signs), Wistrom, Lewis, Pickett, and Young (?). Maybe Cedric Jones or Ahonatu. Leaves Moran, Zgonia, and Jones/Ahonatu.

Do we protect Marshall and Trung? Candidate has'nt played at all, except on KR, in the past few weeks. Seems like the Green/Warner situation almost, too much talent to keep on one roster at RB.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Bald_81
                Hindsight is a (you know what). Do you make this trade?
                by Bald_81
                Prior to the 2010 NFL Draft, it was speculated that the Steelers were shopping Ben Roethlisberger. He was suspended for six games for the upcoming season (later reduced to four), which might've been the impetus for wanting to trade him. One team they made an offer to was the Rams. The rumor was they offered Roethlisberger (and possibly additional picks) for the #1 overall pick in the draft and the Rams declined.

Let's say they included their 1st rounder (18th overall) as part of the package. We could have drafted someone like Maurkice Pouncey, Demaryius Thomas or Dez Bryant.

So, with the benefit of hindsight, what would you have done?

I know, I know, you can use hindsight in a vast majority of situations. But I thought this one was particularly interesting because the decision, which was obviously paramount at the time, would have such a big impact on the direction of the franchise....
                Yes
                41.18%
                No, I still would've picked someone other than Bradford
                5.88%
                No, I still would've selected Bradford
                52.94%
                -09-10-2014, 01:30 PM
              • Rambos
                Would you trade down
                by Rambos
                Would you trade down with both our first round picks, no further then 15 to add two second round picks?

Giving us once again a bounty of early talent
                YES
                73.33%
                NO
                26.67%
                -11-13-2012, 08:15 AM
              • tomahawk247
                Justin Medlock has permission to seek trade
                by tomahawk247
                From the Denver Post via Rotoworld

After the signing of Brown i completely forgot Medlock was on the roster, but with a few teams, Denver being one of them, completely lacking anything at the kicker position, and with so few options in the draft, we might be able to get a very very late round pick for him. But since he is obviously going to be cut at some point i dont know if anyone will actually bother to pull such a trade....
                -03-31-2008, 07:09 AM
              • 1st & Goal
                Is there a player you would trade up for?
                by 1st & Goal
                Has been alot of talk about the teams needs and who we should take with our 19th pick. Got me to thinking about what it would cost us to trade up and who we should target. Seems to be a common thread to get a run stopping linebacker (if we don't handle in FA) or a shut down corner. Looks like they are all gone by the time we would pick. :helmet:
                -02-10-2005, 10:37 AM
              • tomahawk247
                is it out of the question to trade for a franchised player?
                by tomahawk247
                i know if we signed one to an offer sheet that we would have to give up two first rounders, which we dont have. But what if we sorted a fair few trouble spots in FA, can you see us trading our first rounder for an established player at the defensive end spot? Obviously it would require the franchise player to sign his tender and then be traded, but do you think its a possibility for the Rams to do this?

Obviously a good young talent can be grabbed from the first round, but that isnt always the case. And we would probably only do it to grab a guy that could come in and start right away.
                -02-21-2007, 04:57 AM
              Working...
              X