Defense Rests !???!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Defense Rests !???!

OK, the Rams survived their worst defensive effort of the season. My take....the Gods are watching out for us. What better place all season for the Rams defense to have a bad game but in Carolina? Couldn't have happened at a better time. Lovie Smith now makes Polley a starter (good move) and makes a very important statement to his team. No excuses ! That's right, no excuses about an injured secondary, a tired team after an emotional Monday night victory. Bull ! He doesn't buy it and he won't let his players either.

What unbelievable timing for this wake up call. Look for the Rams defense to swarm the Colts on Sunday. Look for some intensity from the defensive side of the ball from the Rams for the last two games of the regular season. Then look for a totally healthy unit to come into the playoffs with one very important lesson learned, you can't let up.

You tell, me, are the football Gods watching over the Rams this year or what?

Warner, healthy. Faulk, healthy. Receivers, healthy. Line, healthy. Secondary, almost back to 100%. Two indoor games left, both at home, both against losing teams with not much to play for. Oh yeah, and did I mention, AZ Hakim will no longer be returning punts, finally.

Unless, for some reason, the football Gods turn against St. Louis, it looks really quite good for another super bowl opportunity.

If nothing else, we've had another great year to watch and we've got lots to look forward to.

GO RAMS, beat the Colts and win it all !

RAMSPUD:lid:

Somebody is definitely watching, a lot of people are healthy and playing well and the Defense is good when it needs to be. This definitely seems like our year and with Pittsburgh and Chicago getting all the attention, maybe we can get the Rodney Dangerfield attitude into it to beef us up some more...:o

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• mxbrian
      Defense Rests !
      by mxbrian
      OK, the Rams survived their worst defensive effort of the season. My take....the Gods are watching out for us. What better place all season for the Rams defense to have a bad game but in Carolina? Couldn't have happened at a better time. Lovie Smith now makes Polley a starter (good move) and makes a very important statement to his team. No excuses ! That's right, no excuses about an injured secondary, a tired team after an emotional Monday night victory. Bull ! He doesn't buy it and he won't let his players either.

What unbelievable timing for this wake up call. Look for the Rams defense to swarm the Colts on Sunday. Look for some intensity from the defensive side of the ball from the Rams for the last two games of the regular season. Then look for a totally healthy unit to come into the playoffs with one very important lesson learned, you can't let up.

You tell, me, are the football Gods watching over the Rams this year or what?

Warner, healthy. Faulk, healthy. Receivers, healthy. Line, healthy. Secondary, almost back to 100%. Two indoor games left, both at home, both against losing teams with not much to play for. Oh yeah, and did I mention, AZ Hakim will no longer be returning punts, finally.

Unless, for some reason, the football Gods turn against St. Louis, it looks really quite good for another super bowl opportunity.

If nothing else, we've had another great year to watch and we've got lots to look forward to.

GO RAMS, beat the Colts and win it all !

RAMSPUD

:lid:
      -12-28-2001, 11:54 PM
    • eldfan
      I'm afraid!!!
      by eldfan
      The Saint put up 62 and it's the start of the 4 wow. The rams need to run alot of Jackson next week shorten the game hope it's not going to be that bad.
      -10-23-2011, 09:04 PM
    • live4ramin
      Could it be? Defense...
      by live4ramin
      My love of football is on the offensive side of the ball, particularly the offensive line. The blocking and the pride these guys have when they jel into one unit, usually without much in the way of credit.

But silently this team's defense just keeps getting a little better. If these guys can stay healthy and build a little pride in keeping the offense off the field Spags may turn this group of nobodies into something to get excited about.

I've never had a great defense to watch on Sundays. It was always time to grab a snack and a cold beverage. It could be a life changer for some of us.
      -08-29-2010, 08:42 AM
    • Curly Horns
      Defending the defense while offending the pessimists
      by Curly Horns
      :l

Defending the defense might seem like a tough task to a lot of Rams fans these days. Why I choose to take on such a low, down, dirty task is beyond me. Maybe I'm the consummate Rams fan. The type that has always been in love with a bit of an underdog. Hey, if you have been a Rams fan for very long, you know what I'm talking about.

So where does one begin to defend this defense amongst all the pessimism? Since we can not predict the future, I say history is the best option.

Most of us remember what it was like to be a perennial basement dweller only to rise to the top after the '99 season with a shiny new Lombardi and high hopes for a repeat the following season.

And why not a repeat? We had the GSOT and a pretty good defense. Granted the defense was not the best, but it was no slouch. The majority of defensive starters returned, the defensive coordinator returned, the same scheme returned, and yet we all know that the bottom fell out in 2000.

Hmmm. Just goes to show how easily a group of players can rise and fall from season to season. Scheme, coaching, talent level are certainly factors, but ultimately it comes from within the group of players. They can rise. History has proven it.

So how good does this defense really need to be to win a championship? Our own Rams history and very recent history has proven they do not need to be the best defense in the league. They simply need to be good enough when it matters most.

Let's look a little deeper into that magical season of '99. There are those who claim that your best defense is a potent offense. I'm quite sure this is not entirely true. However, we have seen it work to our advantage. The potent offense of the '99 squad certainly helped the defense. The offense was able to score quickly and often. This put the defense in a good position against opposing offenses as they were forced to play catch-up. Our 2007 offense has the ability to be quite potent. This can help the 2007 defense. History has proven it.

Now Let's look at recent history. Most of us know that Baltimore had the #1 defense last season and where that got them. Did most of you also know that the Raiders had the number #3 defense in the league? I'm sure we all know where that got them. Our Rams of course came in at #23. Not good enough, some might say. Okay let's look further. Remember the Colts of last season? They finished at #21. Well, the Rams have no pass rush, some say. True, to some extent, however they were #8 in pass defense and #3 against receiving. Ah, but the Rams run defense is crap, some might add. Well that is correct. The Rams run defense finished just ahead of the last place Colts run defense.

Hmmm. How good does the defense need to be to win a championship? Certainly not the best. History has proven it.

Ultimately the best way to defend our...
      -03-12-2007, 09:43 PM
    • Bralidore(RAMMODE)
      Domination or Passable?
      by Bralidore(RAMMODE)
      Which would you rather do: Dominate on one side of the ball, be it offense or defense, or be average on both sides of the ball.

:helmet:
      I prefer domination on one side of the ball
      70.59%
      I prefer balance on both sides of the ball
      29.41%
      -01-31-2010, 05:11 PM
    Working...
    X