Go Yo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Go Yo

Just to say I'm really pleased to see Yo getting a chance to return kicks, Trung may be the No1 pick but Yo is the guy who wants to return kicks.

It's just a pity he's not had more chances at WR but it's a reflection of how lucky the WR's have been at avoiding injuries so far this year. It must be all that diving before they are tackled that the aints fans moan about.:p :p

Gooooooo Yo:shield:
    :helmet:
    GO CLAYMORES : DEAD BUT NOT FORGOTTEN

I am a big fan of Yo Murphy, as he did excellent in the preseason. The possible departure of Az doesn't make me so nervous when I realize we have Yo. He would be a great third or fourth receiver. Just another diamond in the rough that the sharp-eyed Rams organization discovered. He didn't look too great returning kicks, but he was very solid and he will get better the more he practices at it. I'm glad he's getting more chances to play.

:shield:

Comment

He was a great player at the Claymore's and I know that means diddly squat but he does have an NFL level of talent. He does also have a GREAT attitude to the game and the fans. I reckon one of the great changes in the Rams over the last 3-4 seasons has been the character of the players they sign.
      :helmet:
      GO CLAYMORES : DEAD BUT NOT FORGOTTEN

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• THOLTFAN81
        Marqise Lee
        by THOLTFAN81
        Question to those who watch college football, what is his deal?

I remember last year everyone being extremely giddy about him and I myself became enamored with him and wanted the Rams to select him this year after reading up on him last year.

I now see he has struggled/had injury issues. I remember reading that if he were eligible to come out last year he would have been a top 5 pick and was built like AJ Green.

To the USC fans who have followed him, what is his deal?
        -11-24-2013, 08:17 AM
      • Bralidore(RAMMODE)
        Are the Rams really that "Devoid of Talent"?
        by Bralidore(RAMMODE)
        Before and after this year's NFL draft, I, and Im sure just about all of you, have been getting the "devoid of talent" in regards to the Ram's roster force fed down our throats. Even after the draft it seems that it has remained a mainstay in in Ram 2010 prospects.

So my question is, are we really devoid of talent, or experience?

QB: Before the addition of Sam Bradford we definitively were short on perceived talent. A.J Feeley, Keith Null, and (at the time) Mike Reilly, left much to be desired. With the addition of Bradford, who has been called one of the best QB prospects of the 2000s (behind only Carson Palmer and Eli Manning according to Casserly), the talent question mark has been erased and instead replaced with the experience one.

RB: Everyone knows Sjax is one of the best backs in the league. Behind him is only a bunch of question marks like Ogbonnaya, Toston, and Darby. None have done anything to say if they have talent or not, and one (Darby) doesn't look to have anything special based on what we've seen of him.

WR: Here's one of the biggest question marks on the team. What do we really have here? Laurent Robinson has flashed "go-to-guy" ability in a Ram's uniform but has been consistently bitten by the injury bug in one form of another. If he can remain healthy he has the talent to be a number one guy it would seem. He has talent, just not experience

Donnie Avery is a bit of an enigma. He definitely has talent. With his special speed, he can stretch the field and make big plays. However he seems more fit to be utilized in this role rather than the reliable possession guy. His hands are suspect and so far he has not been reliable enough to be counted on to make the catch. He has talent, just not experience

Brandon Gibson could be a compliment to Avery. He has great looking hands, something Avery has not shown. He also shows an ability to make YAC with his quick hips and moves. He does not possess considerable speed however. If he can stay healthy, he could be a very effective role player or starter. He has talent, just not experience

Mardy Gilyard was a steal in the fourth by all indications. He is the classic case of a guy not being flashy on paper (unless you look at his production ) but just flat out MAKES PLAYS. He is just at 6 feet, if that, and his 40 time isn't eye opening with a 4.5 average, but his agility and quicker than normal change of direction ability makes him a slippery guy after the catch. This also gives him an advantage in route running and returning as it allows him to stop on a dime and make a cut without losing too much momentum. His hands are also fairly reliable, rarely will you see him drop a pass watching the tape. Above all however, the guys is simply a playmaker. He gets behind the defender despite his perceived lack of speed and he is a pain in the open field with his quick hips...
        -06-07-2010, 11:39 AM
      • Guam rammer
        Linny,Vermiel, fans, and the Rams.
        by Guam rammer
        I actually like what was written about Vermeil but i really wish it didnt have to go this far. I was hoping that the injuries from last year were really the cause for a bad 07' And Linny would be credited with a good comeback season. But now that we've come in and performed the way we have these last two games, its evident the team needs to move in a different direction.

I'm sorry for Linny, its never a good feeling to see someone like him come close to failing. Throughout the entire Jax thing in training camp he never once gave lip service, even if he knew this was the year that would make or break his career. he trusted his gut feeling that the deal would be done, and when Jax got in everything would be uphill from there. We fans did too.

I believe he brought good coaches here in Haslette and Saunders but things just arent turning into a storybook plot. He's relieved himself of playcalling to manage more effectively during gameday, but the team just isnt executing properly. He's the coach and the blame almost always falls on the coach when things get sour. There's practically nothing he can do to stop it because its the culture of the NFL to produce a winning product quickly, proficiently and effectively. The fans, organization and media demand it!!!And yes!!! as a hard core, crazy-money spending fan...i also am guilty of this.

For Scott linehan, the phrase "nice guys finish last" is as bright as the sun. But remember, a bright spot always brings new life and that brightness will multiply in huge numbers because of the classy road he's chosen. I can see why the organization brought him in, its because his character is good. He wants to win in a good way with good, classy, players that also have character and morals that represent the community of St.louis Missouri and the Stlouis Rams football team. But his way is unacceptable in this league. We want firey, trashy-mouthed, coaches and players that frequent the local and national media with childish, irresponsible, and meaningless antics to boost up ticket sales and call attention to themselves in their personal off-field lives. This is what sells in the world of sports if not sex. But i'll always pull for the good guys of this game because they make better roll models for our kids and the next generation of players and coaches that will one day roam the sidelines of the game i love to watch.

If Mr. linehan is let go of his duties and ends up coaching for a different team somewhere in the future, I'll root for him. Because i know he did everything he was allowed, to improve an already troubled football organization. The results are not there, but i know he tried. Thats all anyone could ever ask of any one individual person.
        -09-17-2008, 05:44 AM
      • RamWraith
        Yo
        by RamWraith
        I am confused on why the Rams think Yo Murphy is our best bet for our 5th receiver. No othere teams in the league have kept him around. His age is a down side. What about this Gidieon kid? We should be looking to the future.
        -08-22-2001, 10:27 AM
      • DODRAM
        Rams re sign Murphy
        by DODRAM
        In other developments, the Rams have signed two exclusive rights free agents to one-year deals: Safety Willie Gary ($300,000) and wide receiver/kickoff returner Yo Murphy ($375,000). Exclusive rights free agents have fewer than three years experience.

Good to see the ex Claymore and the Claymore to be, getting new contracts. Yo certainly did enough at the end of last season to justify his place on the team
        :lid:
        -02-22-2002, 11:28 AM
      Working...
      X