Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Az-Zahir Hakim

Sup Rams Fans...

I'm wonderin' what y'all think bout Hakim...he is electric but has issues holding on to the damn ball (thanks, Keyshawn). Should we let him go? I have heard his name mentioned with New Orleans. Normally that would be real bad becuase he could burn us next year, but with realignment it doesn't really matter strictly in terms of football.

If he is let go, who should replace him? Here's one to think about: I heard somewhere the idea of 1st or 2nd round picks for Cris Carter. Thoughts?

I'm in Seattle and can't WAIT for realignment.

I'm not sure whats gonna happen with Az,but as far as giving up 1st and 2nd round draft picks for Cris Carter,I doubt that very much.The Rams are way too strong at the wide-out position to give up that much for an old vet.I've always liked Carter,but I cant see him being a Ram.Just my opinion.

:angryram: GO RAMS! STAY FOCUSED! WIN!:shield:
    ST.LOUIS RAMS:THE MOST FRUSTRATING TEAM IN THE NFL!!!

Comment

In response to your comment about HAKIM, I also think he is a very talented player and electric to watch. But everytime he fields a punt my heart is in my mouth! (oh! there goes the ball!). I think we'll let him go in the off season.

I think FLETCH and LITTLE will be signed with the cap room we have available, and keep our defence together.

There's no way that I see the Rams signing CHRIS CARTER. There's some pretty good young recievers in the 2002 Draft. (God I hope ROCK AND ROLL RICKY PROEHL doesn't retire!).

:angryram: RAMS FOREVER!!
      "The breakfast Club":helmet:

Comment

Reckon Az will be too expensive to stay. Some team will pay him bick bucks to be their first or second receiver. Good luck to the guy I'd take the money if I had the chance. the only problem is that he may not be a WR1 or WR2 and take the physical side of playing every down.

The Rams are set with Holt and Bruce , Proehl will hoepfully be back for one more year and that laeves Yo to fight it out with Sorensen the rookie who seems to have caught Martz's eye.
        :helmet:
        GO CLAYMORES : DEAD BUT NOT FORGOTTEN

Comment

Hey welcome to the clanram incredible J...

We've debated this issue for weeks - including TWO polls. The general consensus is...

1. He's an explosive receiver and could be many teams' #1 WR.
          2. With every fumble we are getting more and more impatient.

While there's a split over whether we should re-sign him or not, I think it's near 100% that he should never be allowed to line up deep in punt returns...

Comment

Sorenson #4

I think Az is going to be gone. And like the rest, I like the guy. He is a lot of fun to watch; even with his ball handling problems. But, because he will want more money and the handling problems we will let him go. I wish him all the luck and hope he doesn't burn us in the future. I see Ricky coming back and being are #3 guy. He will put up good numbers and probably have more TD's than Az. I also see Sorenson becoming are #4 guy. Martz really seems to like him. Plus he could be a bonus in the red zone. Plus lets not forget about the draft. You never know what Martz might find in there. Hopefully he'll do better this time in picking out WR's.;)

Comment

Dont let the door hit ya Az

Frankly I never cared much for the guy. Sure he has made a few big plays...but all in all hes NOT a great WR. Hes supposedly the 3d guy...AHEAD OF RICK(MONEY)PROEHL?? Hes not half the player that Rick is. Hes NOT reliable...when IKE went down vs ATLANTA he basically DISAPPEARED. This is when HE NEEDS TO STEP UP. Thank GOD for R.Money. Az is small so he gets jammed easily,he doesnt run great routes,he sure doesnt have good hands AND he fumbles in the open field often. Plenty of people who can do that for ya. Im sure he thinks he should make more $$ on his next contract as well. Dont let the door hit ya on the way out AZ!!
              In a year or 2 he'll be Eddie Kennison. Maybe he will step up for us THIS YEAR in the playoffs and MAKE UP for that horrible gaffe LAST YEAR in New Orleans...but I wont hold my breath.:angryram:

THE ROAD TO THE SHOW GOES THRU ST LOUIS!!!
              "You people point your 'f'in' finger and say theres the bad guy....what that make you....good?" Tony Montana

Comment

By Az and good luck. We need to spend our money on keeping the rest of the team together.

Comment

I for one am indifferent on Az being resigned.

He is explosive as our #3, but we do not need him to win provided Ricky Proehl returns. If he is not in the line-up we will have the chance to find and develop a potential #1 or 2 receiver not stay with a #3 guy.

Az's contribution to this team is appreciated and will never be forgot, but in the end he is our #3 and at times our #4.

See you at the Playoffs,
                  Rick:ram:

Comment

I'm pretty sure the team is through with him on returns. No worries there. He's still great as a receiver so he has some value there. I'm hoping we can use him for trade to get a draft pick or just let him go and free up some money for a free agent.

Comment

I personally like Hakim, particularly when he is pitching the ball to Canidate (did you see the last play of the 1st half when I think they had that same play called, but a Falcon stepped between Hakim and Faulk?), throwing a strike to Bruce, or just running like h***. I'd like to see him stay...his speed is part of the offensive package...While Proehl is a great receiver I think that his lack of speed would hurt the offense.

Little and Fletcher are more important to sign...

As for Carter, I think he is as much of a cancer as Moss (well, almost as much...). Check out the sideline shots of the Vikings, and Carter is jawing as much as anyone...Stay away from him...

Crumbwell

:lid:

Comment

KC coasted much of last year and he did/does take plays off but I think calling him a cancer is a step too far. To be a cancer he would have had to spread his attitude through all the team mmmmmm..... well maybe you have a point.

No seriously the guys on the D had a lot of respect for KC, he is a nice guy with a bundle of talent but needs to take a look at how he was playing and get his head set to play like that again

The D was crap last year because it wasn't very good the year before and got older and slower together. We got away with it in 99 because in many games the O took a big lead early and because we played a weaker schedule. It wasn't just KC , it was Lyght, Collins, Jones, Lyle as well, they all got too slow. But at least they got slow with a Super Bowl ring on their fingers

Comment

Hakim is a perfect 3rd WR in our system, he has made some great catches as a wideout. Big catches also, this year. He will never be a top WR on any team that wants to go to the playoffs, and what a liability on special teams. If he knows his role as the 3rd WR, fine. Re-sign him. If he wants star status, send him to K.C.

That's right MsWistRam, K.C. is now our pergatory. lol

Comment

Hey DODRAM, My cancer comment was directed at the cancerous cris carter, not the cancerous kevin carter...

Though I agree that KC is not all bad...

:lid:

Comment

Sorry my bad :mask:

But I think Chris Carter is a much better person than he was when he came into the league with Philadelphia. I read an article in the last few days where he was questioning what he had done wrong for Moss to turn out the way he has.

Kinda non ram related- sorry

Comment