Oakland 1-2
    Pittsburgh 3-1

Chicago 3-3
    Green Bay 4-1
    Philadelphia 1-3
    SF 3-3
    St. Louis 6-1
    Tampa 3-5

If you haven't figured it out yet, these are all the playoff teams' records against OTHER playoff teams this season.

To ME they mean everyone but Tampa, Miami, NYJ, and WE played relatively soft schedules, and of the Tampa, Miami, NYJ and US, only WE were dominant against playoff teams. I fear NONE of the remaining teams, but have concerns with SF (because we've beaten them twice this season and they may be extra pumped), GB (because they're fairly balanced on offense), and Pittsburgh because they're so schoolyard.

If we turn it over fewer than 3 times in ANY game against ANY of the remaining teams, we'll be celebrating in February. I would LOVE to get Chicago in the championship so they can be exposed for the phonies they are. Wimpy-a** schedule and only 3-3 against playoff teams - and needed a ton of luck to get THAT!

As long as KW stays patient, we don't get careless with the ball, and April's fools (a.k.a. special teams - or should I say NOT-so special teams?) give even a slightly-better-than average performance...

Regardless of what happens, there is no doubt in my mind we ARE the best team in football, and the only team capable of beating us, is us.

Great post, djccon. That tells a lot about the Rams, especially compared to the other teams. Thanks for the info!

:shield:

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Goldenfleece
      Any Given Sunday?
      by Goldenfleece
      As of week 7, we have 11 teams at 2-4 or worse. What's worse is that collectively, these 11 teams have only managed to beat Buffalo (twice), NY Jets, and Philadelphia. The rest of their wins have come against each other. If bad teams hadn't gotten to play each other in match-ups like Carolina vs. Washington, we'd have 8 winless teams at this point.

I think it's fair to say that Tennessee, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Kansas City, Cleveland, Detroit, Washington, Cleveland, Seattle, and Carolina are all still in the running for the title of "Worst Team in the League". Miami is the only team on the 2-4 (or less) list that still looks like it might be able to turn the season around. These days, bad teams only beat other bad teams.

Is it just me or is there an unusually high number of really awful teams this year?
      -10-30-2009, 09:41 PM
    • sbramfan
      7 playoff teams lost to non-playoff teams from last year
      by sbramfan
      Not sure if it's any consolation to anyone, but on the NFL channel they were just showing that 7 teams that made the playoffs last year lost to teams that didn't make the playoffs (basically all teams with winning records last year losing game 1 to teams with losing records last year).

Seahawks lost to Jags. Vikes to Bucs. Rams to niiners. Denver lost to Miami. Detroit beat Green Bay. Chiefs beat the Jets.. and I guess one other that I can't remember..

Plus the Eagles are 0-1.

There is a lot of parity in the League.
      -09-12-2005, 11:37 PM
    • DJRamFan
      Playoff Teams...
      by DJRamFan
      Which playoff team concerns you the most?
      Philadelphia
      0.00%
      Tampa Bay
      50.00%
      San Francisco
      8.33%
      Green Bay
      16.67%
      Chicago
      25.00%
      -01-08-2002, 08:45 PM
    • txramsfan
      Charlotte Hornets
      by txramsfan
      Anyone else keeping up with the Hornets here down the NBA playoff stretch? Now here is an interesting story. This team is headed out of town after the season, probably to New Orleans but should be coming to the Gateway City.

With seven games left to play as of April 6, the Hornets are 5th in the "mighty" East with games against these remaining opponents:

Atlanta twice, Milwaukee, Cleveland, Miami , Chicago, and Toronto. Toronto is actually playing better without VC, and Milwaukee is battling the Hornets for playoff position, the rest look like winners easily for the Hornets. They are a lock for the playoffs, with an average home attendance this year of less than 7,000.

I know the East has no shot this year, but at least the playoffs will be interesting. If the underdog scenario holds true, (Remember the Diamondbacks and some team from the northeast that starts with a P?) then I am riding the Hornets pumpkin.
      -04-06-2002, 05:42 AM
    • Atlas
      Good Analysis, DJRamFan
      by Atlas
      Power Rankings - week 12

Here are my thoughts on the teams, thus far... :nerd:

Power Rankings - week 12

1.) St. Louis- The result of many years of human gene splicing from the DNA of Dick Butkus and Johnny Unitas.

2.) San Francisco- Crimson Elite returns to dynasty form with Garcia at helm.

3.) Pittsburgh- Playing better then they have since Bradshaw, Las Vegas odds increase each week on the likelihood of the return of Kordell Stewart after aliens kidnap him.

4.) Chicago- Good defense+average offense= fan let down during playoffs. The Law of Nature states that the Ravens can only happen every ten years or so. No flukes this year for the "big game."

5.) Oakland- This team would go to the Super bowl except for the defense allowing my grandmother to run on them. Expect the Bus to shut them down in the Championship.

6.) Miami- Good defense... Where's Marino just when he would have a team that could win it all with him??!!

7.) Green Bay- Favre returns to top form and basically carries his team to the playoffs. Green would not be doing as well as he has without the threat of "The Arm."

8.) Baltimore- Defense is only above average, this year. Can't stop the passing game. Grbac=good passing game until the "red zone." Increased pressure there and compact passing lanes expose him to mediocrity.

9.) New England- Brady will be great, but lack of real experience will hurt him in the playoffs as games get MEAN. Maybe next year, huh?

10.) Philadelphia- McNabb needs to run more in the pocket. They need another quality receiver to compliment Thrash. Because of that, they won't go far in the post season.

11.) NY Jets- Curtis Martin is THE MAN and can anyone honestly say they DON'T like Edwards??... Other then that, this team really does suck. I love Vinny, but they need a new quarterback.

12.) Tampa Bay- Green Bay getting in the way of the post season. I always knew Brad Johnson was overrated. Thanks, Brad, for proving me right. It's a real shame that Tony will get blamed for the underachieving of his players.

13.) Cleveland- I really feel that Baltimore can't run the table. Baltimore WILL lose to the Steelers. Tough games up ahead will knock the Ravens out, while a weak schedule pushes the Browns in.

14.) Seattle- Another year of lost post season hopes for Holmgren. But, look out for them next year.

15.) New Orleans- Potential Kryptonite for the "Super Rams". The Rams don't have to worry though... With both San Francisco AND St. Louis both doing great, they don't have a prayer.

16.) Tennessee- At the beginning of the year, I predicted that the Titans' passing game would break out... A little too late, don't you think guys??

17.)...
      -12-06-2001, 05:48 PM
    Working...
    X