Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just For Fun

With our week off this week, I challenged myself with the following:

Write down the numbers 1-99, and then next to each number, write down as many Rams players as you can think of (without looking at any reference material - rely ONLY on your memory) who wore that number.

I give myself 1 point for active roster players, 2 points if they played in the previous decade, 3 points if they played in the decade before that, etc., etc., etc. But heck, that's just me!

Do it just for fun. By the way, can anyone think of a Ram who wore #2? I can't. That is the ONLY number for which I can't recall a player.

Have fun with it!

:ram:

Oh, jeez... I won't be good with that, I'm a youngster. I'll start studying. :nerd:

:shield:

Comment

Ahem

No 2 = John Drake RB from Purdue, played 1937 to 1941 (also wore the number 14)

No 2 = Mike Horan Punter 1997 to 1999

No 2 = Patt Maurice End, 1939 to 1942

Comment

Johnny Drake #2

I read somewhere that Johnny Drake, a fullback, was the Cleveland Rams first ever No1 draft pick in the NFL. (Although he was selected by the NFL as were all the Rams draft choices that year). Think he signed for $275 a game and won Rookie of the Year.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• smitheRAM
          Amazing Rookies
          by smitheRAM
          With a lot of talk on this site about how we will improve this year(It's kind of a given since we cann't get worse. I hope.). People state that Avery will burn up the field and Long will have 8 or more sacks. My questions are these. Who was our last great rookie and who was your favorite rookie?
          -07-10-2008, 11:46 AM
        • r8rh8rmike
          Should The NFL Change It's Player Number System?
          by r8rh8rmike
          There has been a lot of discussion lately about Reggie Bush wanting to keep his college number 5, which is not allowed for running back's in the NFL. Edgerrin James petitioned the NFL to wear number 5, but was denied. Charles Woodson is apparently trying to get permission to wear number 2, and Keyshawn Johnson was given permission to wear number 19 as a reciever. Seems like the NFL has a conflicted history and probably has to seriously address the issue.

Should the system be changed?
          -05-14-2006, 02:50 PM
        • RamWraith
          Trivia questions
          by RamWraith
          Here are all the submitted questions to the "Clan/Herd challenge". These are for your enjoyment. (answered posted some day)

1) What former Ram was busted in a sting operation when he tried to sell the rams playbook? (Ramtime)

2) Who was the last person to see Carroll Rosenbllom alive? (Ramtime)

3) What NFL record does former Ram DE Fred Dryer hold? (avenger?)

4) When the Rams held the Seahawks to -7 yards total offense in a game in 1979, what was the Seahawks longest play? (avenger)

5) Who made a cameo appearance on the old HBO football comedy "1st and 10"? (molkerman)

6) What two Ram players won Olympic medals? (Avenger)

7) Who was the original "Voice of the Rams"?(RamWraith)

8) Each year the Rams draft several players. What year yielded the most draft picks in one season??(RamWraith)

9) Who were the three members of the Rams "Bull Elephant" backfield?(RamWraith)

10) Who drafted Fred Dreyer in 1969? (RamWraith)

12) Who was the first full time Rams special teams coach?(RamWraith)

13) What Rams nickname in High School was "Hot Dog"?(RamWraith)

14) What player had a mother that had a drug addiction for over 10 years, and sister that died after being raped and beaten??(RamWraith)

15) Which player's father played for the Chicago Bears?(RamWraith)

16) What was the name of the clothing store owned by Jack Youngblood and Larry Brooks in the 70's? (RamWraith)

17) What Ram's middle name is Zubinski, in which his father just pulled out of a phone book?(RamWraith)

18)Name the first sportscard featuring a rams player or coach. (general counsel)

19) Name the former Rams kicker who was born without toes on his right kicking foot? (ferter)

20) What is the the all-time series record between the Rams and forty niners and which team holds the advantage in wins?(ferter)

21) Name the player who holds the Rams career record for most seasons played? (ferter)

22) Which season did the Rams become the first team in NFL history to finish undefeated in division play, one season after being winless within their division? (ferter)

23) Which former Rams LB is the "Spirit of the Game" team award named in honor of? (ferter)

24) Name the player who holds the Rams career record for most sacks? A: (ferter)

25) Name the player who holds the Rams record for rushing yards in a single season? (ferter)

26) Name the player who holds the Rams career record for most punts blocked? (ferter)

27) Name the four defensive lineman of the Rams famed Fearsome Foursome?(ferter)

25)Name the Rams first rookie QB to start a playoff game? (ferter)...
          -07-14-2004, 04:50 PM
        • AvengerRam_old
          ROTD: The 50s
          by AvengerRam_old
          The loss of Isaac Bruce has made me feel sentimental about the Rams' past, so I thought I'd start a series of polls to have the Clan elect the "Ram of the Decade" for each decade starting with the 1950s (also, its a good way to pass the time during the offseason.

The rules are as follows: to be eligible, a player must have been with the Rams for either (1) five or more seasons within the decade, or (2) six or more seasons total, and at least four seasons within the decade. I'll narrow each decade down to five nominees.

So, who is the Ram of the 50s (1950-1959)?
          Elroy "Crazy Legs" Hirsh
          39.29%
          Norm Van Brocklin
          42.86%
          Bill Wade
          0.00%
          Andy Robustelli
          0.00%
          Tom Fears
          17.86%
          -03-03-2008, 10:27 AM
        • RamWraith
          remember when
          by RamWraith
          Here is one for your memory. Do you all remember when the highlight to the season/off season was when the Rams Craig "Ironhead" Heyward did a Zest commercial!?

My, my times have changed. We went though such a drought of even having a sniff at the playoffs.

Do you remember any thing from that era that was so insignificant, but yet so exciting because we had nothing else to cheer about.
          -05-04-2006, 02:49 PM
        Working...
        X