Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Viking news for Ram fans

This was in the St. Paul paper last week, about Carter not

playing for the Vikes next year. Several teams have put in information on Carter including late entry St. Louis Rams. Carter's only comment on any of the teams was "St. Louis is the only team I would play third receiver on".

I knew it. I knew he would want to come here. Hey, he would work out great on this team.

Comment

I like Carter, but he has one bad habit he would have to break if he was to become a Ram.For two years Carter has tried to tell Culpepper how to play QB.No way would that go over with Warner.If Carter coud accept a 3rd receiver position and let Kurt do his job,he could be a welcome and valuable addition to this team.I just dont think we have the cap room to sign him.

:angryram: GO RAMS! STAY FOCUSED! WIN!:shield:
      ST.LOUIS RAMS:THE MOST FRUSTRATING TEAM IN THE NFL!!!

Comment

I think Carter is just trying to extend his shelf life and playing on the Rams team would do that no problem.

I also think the Rams are the only team that could get him signed for the veteran minimum

Comment

I don't think we really need Cris Carter as a third receiver, as long as we have Ricky Proehl. Proehl is an excellent possession receiver, and we don't need another one. What we need at third receiver is a flashy youngster similar to Hakim (minus the fumbles, of course), who can break open the game on one play. Carter is a great receiver with awesome hands, but I don't think he would fit the system very well. I'm hoping Yo Murphy can step it up in the offseason and ascend himself up the depth charts to third receiver. Go Yo!

:shield:

Comment

I don't see Proehl staying another year if we win the whole thing, and with Az looking around to be either a #1 or 2 receiver, Carter would look great at the league minimum for one year.

Comment

i don't think i would like carter to play with us. He does deserve a championship, just not with us. If he came here it would really test his desire to "just win a championship." 3rd receiver and league minimum would be something he would have to seriously consider - we could have a lot of fun with him, but i don't like it.

Comment

Hate to say this DJ, but it is more of a game than a business. This is supply and demand. We may be in demand for a 3rd WR, and Carter may be in demand for a title. We give him a very good shot at one, and he gives us a 3rd wide out. He would keep his mouth shut, Warner is proven and nobody on the Rams would let him run his mouth anyway. As ESPN says, "All he does is catch touchdown passes."

Comment

He might want to play for us, that doesn't mean we want him. We had enough problems with another Carter. No point in inviting more trouble named Carter.

Comment

If Carter wants to sign I`m all for it! you can never have too many good players, he`s going to Canton when he retires so its not as if he cant do it. I dont think he`d be a disruptive influence I think that may have been endemic of Minnesota and all their problems.

Comment

Originally posted by MsWistRAM
                      He might want to play for us, that doesn't mean we want him. We had enough problems with another Carter. No point in inviting more trouble named Carter.

I see your point MsWistRam, but I do believe this is different. Carter only popped off his mouth this year at Minnesota really, and do you blame him for yelling at Moss? I dont.

Comment

I agree with those who don't want to see Cris Carter in the Gold and Blue....great talent, but could he minimize his ego to be a lesser star than Kurt, Marshall, Isaac, and Torry? Don't think so, and that could be trouble.

With our limited cap $, let's resign Little and Fletch, find some young talent at guard (Timmerman and Nutten are excellent, but aging), and maybe look at a more experienced backup QB (I am terrified at what would happen if Kurt were injured!)

GO RAMS

Comment

BRUCE, HOLT and CARTER now thats a scary thought for the rest of the league and it might just work!

CARTER would be a great 3rd reciever as long as his ego didn't get in the way and we want a reciever ( I too think that rock and roll RIKEY PROEHL will call it a day after we win the big one) he wants a championship. YEP I can see that working for both of us!

GO RAMS
                          "The breakfast Club":helmet:

Comment

I don't like Carter at all and I would not want him on the Rams. It's not up to us though so if they bring him in then fine but he really went overboard many times this year in his whining and also his pathetic effort to try and lead the offense instead of letting the Quarterback do his job and Carter doing his.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• MauiRam
                              Carter resigns ..
                              by MauiRam
                              Carter returns to Rams
                              By Jim Thomas
                              ST. LOUIS POST-DISPATCH
                              03/12/2008

Less than two weeks ago, the Rams declined to make a tender offer to restricted free agent Jerome Carter, thereby freeing him to sign with any team ó no strings attached.

But in a move to bolster the Ramsí depth at safety, Carter has re-signed with the team. Contract details werenít immediately available. Carter was a fourth-round pick by the Rams in 2005. He has appeared in 33 games, including three starts with the Rams, over three seasons.

Carterís 2007 season ended Oct. 7, when he suffered a fractured right foot against Arizona.
                              -03-12-2008, 01:37 PM
                            • RamJackson39
                              Jerome Carter
                              by RamJackson39
                              When the Rams selected him last year, I wasnt too excited. I never expected to see him as a starting SS on the Rams D and I thought that he would be best served at another position. One of those positions would be OLB. He seems to be perfect for that position in that he has good speed, good size, and a nose for the ball.

So what is the general thought here on the board? Would a move to OLB be a good one for Carter?
                              -02-17-2006, 07:41 AM
                            • chiguy
                              Jerome Carter
                              by chiguy
                              Was he in with Atogwe at the end of the game or in for him? It was difficult to tell.
                              -10-02-2006, 04:40 AM
                            • majorram
                              Fred Miller and Kevin Carter???
                              by majorram
                              It looks like Miller and Carter will be cut by the Titans, I don't know about any body else but i would love to have Rt Miller back there...

1) he will come at a good price
                              2) good value
                              3) he knows the Rams O

anybody else agree......

and what about Carter?????? me probably not after he suked through the 2000 season but Miller I would welcome back!!!!

thoughts!!!

steve :ramlogo:
                              -02-20-2005, 08:47 AM
                            • RamWraith
                              Receiver has speed but little experienc
                              by RamWraith
                              By Bill Coats
                              Of the Post-Dispatch
                              05/06/2005
                              Rams Carter

Oddly, the oldest participant at last week's rookie minicamp, Jeremy Carter, also arrived at Rams Park with the least football experience.
                              Oddly, the oldest participant at last week's rookie minicamp also arrived at Rams Park with the least football experience.

Wide receiver Jeremy Carter, 25, played only one season in college. And that was six years ago, at Western Carolina. Save for five games last summer with the semipro Triangle Rattlers of Durham, N.C., Carter had been out of the game since 1999.

But he hadn't given up on it quite yet. "I have a passion for football; I love football," said Carter, who is not to be confused with Jerome Carter, a safety from Florida State who was a fourth-round draft pick by the Rams.

Jeremy Carter's affection was overtaken for a time by his potential in track. A standout sprinter and hurdler at Leesville Road High in Raleigh, Carter transferred after his freshman year to East Carolina, which had a better track program. He'd planned to play football there, too.

"I transferred ... with the arrangement, supposedly, that my coach would let me play football. It was understood," Carter said. "After a year, I was pretty successful on the track, and he decided he didn't want to take the risk of me getting hurt. So, he didn't let me play.

"I can understand the decision; it was a business decision. But it kind of hurt me."

Carter became an All-American at East Carolina, but once college was finished, so, too, was his career in athletics. Or so it seemed. But now, Carter is getting a chance to follow other sprinters such as "Bullet" Bob Hayes and Willie Gault and make a successful transition from track to NFL turf.

That's partly because Rams scout Tom Marino has a deep memory. "Tom remembered him from when he played football at Western Carolina and kept track of him," Rams general manager Charley Armey explained. "(Marino) found out he was working in California and contacted him."

Carter, who said he's "always stayed in shape," had been honing his pass-catching skills. Back home in Raleigh, he'd hook up "anyone I could get to throw to me. When I was in California, I had Aaron Rodgers throwing to me."

The same Aaron Rodgers who was Green Bay's first-round pick in the draft - the second quarterback selected. "Not bad," Carter said, laughing.

After working out for Marino, Carter signed April 21 to a one-year contract. To prepare for minicamp, Carter said he would "run, run, run, and catch. I caught at least a hundred balls a day."

Five wideouts went through the three days of drills, including sixth-round draft choice Dante Ridgeway and Brandon Middleton, who...
                              -05-07-2005, 05:39 AM
                            Working...
                            X