The Big Man-orlando pace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Big Man-orlando pace

As av pointed out, we are nowhere without the big man. I dont know why he missed the one series at the end of the half, but willig sure got toasted on the one pass play. We take the big man for granted at times, he is such a critical guy for us. You guys think we have problems on the line now, without him we have no shot at all.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

Re: The Big Man-orlando pace

According to Savard and Snow's broadcast, Pace was on the sidelines lurching out his breakfast and lunch. Sounded like the heat was getting to him.

Comment

Pace on the O-line and Little on the D-line... We're really in trouble if either go down!!

Comment

True tony, those are the two best guys on the team.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

Comment

Gc, Pace Is The Best,he Shows It Every Week.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• general counsel
            Orlando Pace
            by general counsel
            Ok, bad move by The Big Man hitting the guy late out of bounds. Meanwhile, when was the last time you saw a guy take a cheap late shot at someone on the OTHER teams sidelines and no one jump on him. It looked like the sea was parted around The Big Man. Some lions yelling at him, but no one seemed to go after him. Not a fight that anyone on the lions was likely to win of course, but you would have thought that at least a few guys would have tried to push him around a bit.

Its going to be a great year for The Big Man. Training Camp really does help.

ramming speed to all

general counsel
            -08-29-2005, 10:57 PM
            Happy thought for the day-the size of dishman and pace
            by Guest
            My good friend was at the rams-cards game sitting fairly close to the field this sunday. He told me that you wouldnt believe the size of dishman, that he is actually larger than pace at this point.

Here is the happy and bizarre thought for the day (after all, what is life without a little rams humour):

How would you like to be sitting in a stall, answering the call of nature, with Pace in the adjoining stall on one side and Dishman in the adjoining stall on the other side of you with each of them bombing away? At least Pace isnt eating fried foods anymore.

ramming speed to all

sign the big man

general counsel
            -09-13-2004, 06:37 PM
          • ZigZagRam
            All Indications Say PACE SIGNED!
            by ZigZagRam
            Big Orlando was just on 590 KFNS and it appears that the Rams and Big O have reached a deal. Nothing is official but Pace said "I think the people in St. Louis will be very happy" and he's getting on a plane and hopes to have a deal done by the time he lands. I didn't hear the interview but I got the scoop from my father.

It will be replayed in the next hour so I will listen and try to give you all a recap.

This is good! This is very good!
            -03-15-2005, 03:32 PM
            Simple question on Pace
            by Guest
            This topic IS worthy of beating what is hopefully not a dead horse.

We are an 8-8 team that won a playoff game that had MAJOR problems on our offense line last year. Our best defensive player may or may not be incarcerated by the time we start the season. Cap or no cap, exactly HOW is trading away our best offensive lineman, and one of the best in the league, a guy who even if he didnt have his best season got beat only a handful of times all year and NEVER requires double team help on the qbs blind side, going to help our chances of improving the team in 2005 and beyond. We are not a rebuilding team.

Furthermore, we still dont have a RIGHT tackle, let alone anyone remotely competent to replace pace. IF we get another left tackle, as avenger says, that is one thing, but the odds of getting a guy even in the same ballpark as pace for 2005 are very, very limited in my view.

Guys its about performance, even if he isnt willing to discount to market to stay with the team, even if he is selfish, even if he is a distraction, how exactly do you figure that we are better off without him.

If we spend the money we save on defense, how are we going to protect the qb.

How much do you think we are actually going to save under the cap. Pace costs 8.2 under the tender. What do you think its going to cost to replace him. Until you replace him, you dont know what the net savings are, and given what left tackles go for these days, i dont think we are going to save anywhere near what some people think we are going to save, and we will in all liklihood be overpaying for inferior talent.

Very, very sensitive subject for me, i think when people talk about the Big Three that won us the sb title and led to the great run this team has had, Pace is so often overlooked as to the critical nature of his contribution.

ramming speed to all

general counsel
            -03-13-2005, 08:47 PM
          • AvengerRam_old
            Where's Orlando Pace?
            by AvengerRam_old
            What's your theory?
            Finalizing a cap friendly long-term deal (Hey, I'm not even that optimistic).
            0.00%
            Waiting to report because he doesn't feel like going to Oakland.
            33.33%
            Chained to the radiator in Carl Poston's basement.
            13.33%
            I don't know, but wherever he is, he's eating.
            13.33%
            Lost driving somewhere between Columbus and St. Louis.
            0.00%
            Cutting the final tracks of "Orlando Pace Sings Love Songs of his Youth"
            6.67%
            Administering flu shots to poor children in Bangladesh.
            6.67%
            Staring at his computer screen and thinking: "I think I'll make those fans sweat a bit more."
            6.67%
            Writing the final chapters of his biography, "My Shadow Weighs More Than You Do."
            0.00%
            I don't know, where do spoiled, unappreciative, lazy athletes hang out this time of year?
            20.00%
            -08-31-2004, 02:33 PM
          Working...
          X