Are we done with the panic attacks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are we done with the panic attacks?

Last week it was the end of the Rams year, now we are tied for first place and going home for our opener. Still no real trends but the run defense did drop one spot to 4th in the league, still a hugh improvement.

Looking ahead.

Arizona at Seattle we will win here for sure.

Dallas at San Francisco will the whiners keeping slipping yes.

Re: Are we done with the panic attacks?

Last week all they had to do was not stick their heads up their collective #[email protected]! and cruise to a win over a horrible team, but instead they had a bad loss that deserved criticism and revulsion. That's not panic, it was proper. This week they made up for it by winning on the road, so, yeah, the season is back to even. It would be better if they had a cushion instead, but it is what it is. I don't really pay attention to rankings after two games, but I agree with you that the Rams have looked good stuffing the run so far! Seattle held service at home with some help from Vick's hamstring which is too bad for the Rams, but hats off to them. They've had a tough opening schedule. Maybe they'll have a letdown now against AZ, they need to lose one they are supposed to win (like the Rams did in week 1) for the Rams to pull ahead.

Comment

It may not be time to panic but we have a long way to go to become a serious threat in the playoffs. We need to come home take care of business regroup in the process and figure things out. The next time we go on the road we need to have a vast improvement. I would like to at the very least see a 3-3-road record for our remaining 6 road games. We were possibly one penalty away from 0-2 (that would have been tough). I am not worried as much about making the playoffs as much as what can we do if we make the playoffs and if its all road games in the playoffs that will be a huge advantage for the opposition.
      Last edited by STLRAMSFAN; -09-19-2005, 04:33 PM.

Comment

I Dont Know, From What I Have Seen So Far, The Panic Attacks May Continue.

Comment

Let me see - the 2-14 SanFran team beats us.

And then we barely beat the Cardinals - a team that got Schelacked in their first game to the tune of 42 points and their leading rusher was Kurt Warner.

And then that SanFran team that has gotten some much better (new team we're told), they get clobbered in a laugher 42-3 or something stupid. It was 35-0 at HaLF>

So, if you think we're really good at this point.. I suggest you are making a serious miscalculation.

I have said it, and I said it in PRE-SEASON (I can pull the posts if you don't believe it) that the FIRST, BEST test will be the New York Giants.

I will be claiming King of the Hill status when we beat a good team. That hasn't happened yet.

Comment

Let me see - the 2-14 SanFran team beats us.

And then we barely beat the Cardinals - a team that got Schelacked in their first game to the tune of 42 points and their leading rusher was Kurt Warner.

And then that SanFran team that has gotten some much better (new team we're told), they get clobbered in a laugher 42-3 or something stupid. It was 35-0 at HaLF>

So, if you think we're really good at this point.. I suggest you are making a serious miscalculation.

I never said we are a great team at this point, nor did I say lets clean house and start over after one game. Lets get over losing one game against the whiners. As Marc said we could easily be 2-0 or 0-2. This is the NFL it’s not easy to win on the road and what a team did last year is not necessary what they will do this year. Lets not forget when we where a losing team and had the record to prove it and went to the SB and won it, so I don’t give too much weight to what a team did last year. I think every game is one you can lose.

Comment

Originally posted by Rambos
              I never said we are a great team at this point
              If you are expecting a team to be a potential super bowl contender wouldn’t you expect them to be top 5 in all the NFL out of 32 teams and wouldn’t that be a great team. If you don’t think we are great now wouldn’t you start worrying if that was your expectations?
              , nor did I say lets clean house and start over after one game.
              I agree, I don’t think I heard any ones point of view change based on one game.
              Lets get over losing one game against the whiners.
              We are over it you are the one bringing the thread back to life. The fact is it was a huge loss that most likely will cost us home field advantage in a playoff game. That’s assuming we make it. We have 14 more games and should spend no more time on this loss.
              As Marc said we could easily be 2-0 or 0-2.
              I wonder how many great QBs talk that way?
              If he thinks that after seeing what the other two teams that played AZ and SF did to them then he is not talking like a winner. Because a winner that believes he has a chance to go to the Super Bowl would not be talking about being 0-2 to two teams that may not even make the playoffs.
              This is the NFL it’s not easy to win on the road and what a team did last year is not necessary what they will do this year. Lets not forget when we where a losing team and had the record to prove it and went to the SB and won it, so I don’t give too much weight to what a team did last year.
              It may not be easy to win on the road but we played against two of our easier opponents on the road. If you don’t give much wait to last year what about this year. AZ and SF did not look good against their only other opponents.
              I think every game is one you can lose.
              True, But if you expect to be a Super Bowl team you should go in thinking you can win every game.
              Last edited by STLRAMSFAN; -09-21-2005, 05:47 PM.

Comment

To me, it's scary that we could easily be 0-2 (Bulger's words) against the SanNiners and Cardinals.

I don't root and follow the team and read draft reports for us to be 8-8. With Talent like Bulger, Pace, Little, Jackson, Faulk, Bruce, Holt, Curtis, and 3 number 1's on the DEF Line - playing 500 ball is no victory.

Comment

We haven't played our first home game yet and we are 1-1 in the conference. The Rams avenged an embarrassing loss on the road last year at Arizona this week. The Rams are the last team (well, outside of New Orleans) to play a home game. The panic attacks can start if the Titans blow us out, I'll be the first one here. However, from this DEFENSIVE perspective, I like where we are now.

Comment

I can NOT argue with you txramsfan - I'm too busy buying MREs and candles and testing the Generator .. I'm in PANIC mode!!!

I'll see you on the High ground.

Comment

A wonder how many great QBs talk that way?
                      Any of them that have ANY sense of reality would say the same thing. The Rams could have easily been 2-0 or 0-2. Bulger tends to be a straight shooter in his interviews, so why would anybody want him to say anything else. I doubt he wanted to be 2-0 any less than we wanted him to be 2-0, but he's honest enough to know that EITHER game COULD have gone EITHER way.
                      The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Comment

Originally posted by HUbison
                        Any of them that have ANY sense of reality would say the same thing. The Rams could have easily been 2-0 or 0-2. Bulger tends to be a straight shooter in his interviews, so why would anybody want him to say anything else. I doubt he wanted to be 2-0 any less than we wanted him to be 2-0, but he's honest enough to know that EITHER game COULD have gone EITHER way.
                        Don't get me wrong I have not given up on the season and never will until we are eliminated mathematically from the playoffs or lose in the playoffs. However I played on a winning basketball team that was undefeated. That does not qualify me for anything. But I still believe that great teams have the same type attitude we had. We played every game as hard as we could we averaged beating our opponents by 30 points per game we beat one team 107-27 by 80 points. We were not pleased when we won by 10 points if we did not play good as a team. We strived for Max Q as Martz would say and that’s what I expect from Marc Bulger is to have that killer instinct to try and achieve Max Q and if they don’t play good as a team I don’t want to hear we could easily be 0-2. I want to hear we did not play good we should have beaten them and we should be 2-0 right now. We have to pull together as a team and win these games like we are capable of. That’s what I would expect from a winner.

Marc is the leader of our offense and he is saying we could easily be 0-2 right now. Leaders don’t normally tell their people how bad they could have failed they normally tell their people how much better they are then their performance showed. To reach the top you need to look up the mountain not down the mountain. I still think Marc is a good QB but I don’t like his statement or approach to these losses. As the QB he needs to be the leader on offense.

As for are we done with the panic attacks? I am because I cant change anything but I hope the team is not I hope they feel a sense of urgency to dramatically improve and not be complacent or think things are fixed when they squeaked out a game they should have won easily.
                        Last edited by STLRAMSFAN; -09-21-2005, 07:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Soprano
                          I can NOT argue with you txramsfan - I'm too busy buying MREs and candles and testing the Generator .. I'm in PANIC mode!!!

I'll see you on the High ground.

oh badabing soprano, come on...

:tongue:

Comment