Less than 3 hours to kickoff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Less than 3 hours to kickoff

And I still have concerns about this game. Don't get me wrong, we will win, but it will be a nail biter.It is still early in the season, we could still go 15-1 (I wish), but there are things that keep nagging me, and I don't just mean Tawn.
    What's bothering me about this game is:
    Since Detroit, we have won two games, lost another. We played well, but didn't dominate. For some reason, teams don't feel scared of the Rams unless we completely dominate our opponents. I know it's a small thing, but the psychological aspect of the game is still important. Other teams need to fear us...not just a little, but enough to make the other teams wet themselves in cowardice when they see the Rams come on the field.
    Our offense is there...putting up the yards, the first downs, but not getting past the red zone. A lot of teams have the same troubles. It's not a lack of talent or desire, but for some reason, our opponents are able to read our plays better than they should. We have the manpower, the skill, and the coach to come up with the ideas. Yet, somewhere, the whole thing is breaking down. I'm not 100% convinced of this, but I think today we will see the beginning of the end to our red zone problems. Why? Well, one sore spot in the whole thing was the RT. Jackson could singlehandedly plow thru 5 or 6 defenders to score...but he needs blocks to open up holes. And, since there have been several comments made by Martz and some players concerning Barron, I wouldn't doubt that he may be on the field at some point today.
    Our Defense has come a long way since last year. Little has his groove back. Arch doesn't seem apprehensive to make a big play. Coakley, Clairborne and the rest of the guys are playing seriously. Our weakest point is in the back...but they are even doing a decent job. Our defense is, for the first time in a couple of years, above average. Problem is, they can't do it alone. They need our offense to put up some TD's so we can win.
    Special teams is better, too. Before anyone goes and starts saying they are still not making the big plays, look at it like this....are they making the stupid mistakes like last year, or are they finally getting the idea of holding on to the ball? Even if they are only average, it is still an improvement.
    So why am I really concerned? It is a home game. The Rams might come onto the field with the wrong attitude...the attitude that they will win since it is in the EJD. They need to get the attitude that they will win because they are the better team and will earn the win. The old guys...Pace, Faulk, Arch, Bulger...they know this. The younger ones might not.
    I see a Rams win....a hard fought, close win. This game will be good for us. It will reinforce what we learned in SF...no matter how good the numbers, every one on the field must give 100% and score some points to get the W.
    temp_4394_1467243487543_20
    RAMS!

Related Topics

Collapse

• MauiRam
    What Fortywhiners Fans are saying .
    by MauiRam
    > No possible way this team travels on a short week to the Rams to win. We complete 2 passes in a half on offense. This is not an NFL offense. It's clear the defense has also dropped off. We can't stop anybody anymore. Plus the read option is worthless this year. All the WR's and TE's are hurt. Coaching and play calling are questionable. Forget the division. That's done. It's the Seahawks. Forget the wild card. I don't think we are making the playoffs. We will get a high draft pick.

> Our read option has done nothing but HURT our REAL run game.... Unless we go back to what worked in 2011, we will lose.

> I expect 1-3 to be honest. No confidence in this team until Harbaugh and Roman admit the pistol read-option does not give us the best chance to win anymore. We need to go back to the type of football that's proven to be successful for the last several decades.

> A short week + travel + the Rams have our # + their stadium + the way our offense is playing. We aren't winning that game. I'd be surprised if it's close.

> Final score: 2 - 0 Rams.

> It's obvious we don't have deep threats right now. Instead of the deep ball, why not primarily run the ball, and when necessary, go to short passes and rely on YAC? I've read that the Rams' secondary is suspect to put it mildly.

> Another loss coming our way. Actually make it 2 more, our next win might not happen until the Cards game. Right now, we are just too out of sync plus our mental game and confidence is to totally shattered.

> I'm glad it's a short week, I don't know if I could wait till Sunday to get this taste out of my mouth.

> Our passing offense is primarily Boldin, VD and Crabtree at full strength. Two out of those three are out, so we are running at 33%. Meanwhile, sure, why not give the others a chance...what is there to lose anyways. Better to have tried and lost than not try at all. There is something obviously/seriously wrong with the team right now...the ***** are not supposed to lose by these large margins. The coaching has to be questioned, everything has to be questioned before it's too late to change anything. We have a Coach of the year, Executive of the year, and an owner who has a lot of common sense. That's the only thing going for the team right now.

> The Ram's passrush will eat us alive.

> I don't understand the gameplan and offensive play calling the last 2 weeks. We have no WRs that can get open right now and yet we keep calling passing plays even though we were built as a run first team and had our best success the last 2 yrs on Gore's back. Harbaugh and Roman need to get their head outta their a**es and get back to running the ball and stop with the gimmicky read option BS

> The Rams suck. Their offense is so bland... I swear it's from the 1970's. Sam Bradford is Captain Checkdown...
    -09-25-2013, 12:30 PM
  • RamsFanSam
    RFS's Week 4 RAMblings...
    by RamsFanSam
    After today, the regular season is 25% over for our Rams. Where are we at?
    Since I became a die-hard fan, all I ever heard was "explosive offense", "high-powered offense", "high scores", "blowout", and other such terms to describe the boys in Blue and Gold. This year, I haven't heard many say that. Why? Is it because they lack the skill? No. Is it because of inconsistent players? No. Is it bad coaching? Very doubtful.
    Then why isn't St. Louis lighting up the scoreboards?
    We have the tools....Jackson, Holt, Bulger, Curtis, etc. The weapons are there, they are ready. Problem is, so are our opponents. We use our talent to create mismatches, they try to even things out a bit. It isn't that we aren't as good...it's that our opponents are getting better. They have learned how Bulger thinks. They have learned how Martz likes to set up plays. They can predict what is coming at them better than they could in the past.
    We still have advantages...a lot of them. Steven Jackson is one of the best young running backs out there. He is like a concrete truck in a demolition derby...once he's moving, he doesn't care what's in his way, he'll just run over it. Too bad he isn't being used enough as of yet. He should be getting 100+ yards every game. Opposing defenses don't know what he will do. He is an ace in the hole for us. We still have Marshall...and he can still dance better than Barishnakov.
    He may not be racking up 100+ yard games, but nobody can stop him every time. Torry...he still knows how to teach the youngsters the meaning of "whooped". Reverend Ike still makes routes look so dang easy. Curtis makes a Corvette look sluggish. Then we have Barron...he's so big he makes a mountain gorilla look tiny. Problem is, he's untested...he may be a Godsend for us, or he may let us down. He's better than what we have had at RT for years....but is he ready? I guess we will find out.
    Our defense has been kidnapped by aliens and replaced with look-alikes. How else can we explain the way these guys are acting? Look at the difference since last year....if aliens aren't involved, how can you explain them?
    Wilkins...has he even had to make a tackle this year? What's up with that? Are the ST guys actually playing football? For the first time in a long time, I don't think they have to ride the elevator up from the basement. It's nice to see these guys actually playing average...
    So, how do we actually stack up this year?
    It seems as though no team is really dominant....yet. Even the NFL's pet team isn't on top...the pats are struggling a bit so far. Doesn't that just break your widdle heart? Seattle is doing OK...they are our main worry at this point. If we come out OK today (no injuries), and if we have the game plan for next week, we have the top spot in the division. We seem to be closely matched with them this year....a lot like last year. My opinion? Our offensive...
    -10-02-2005, 08:59 AM
  • sbramfan
    3 Keys to success
    by sbramfan
    Aside from the specific positions that need improvement, the Rams will need to improve in 3 major areas to have a chance to succeed (overstating the obvious here, of course):

1. Starting field position:

You just can't expect to win many games when you can't get the ball out past the 20, and they start on their 35 all day long.

2. Winning on the Road:

The game in San Diego was another example of how much of a different team these guys are on the road. Just can't go 2-6 on the road again. That ain't gonna cut it.

3. Turn over ratio:

I don't expect this defense to lead the league in turn-overs, but they need to find a way to get some defensive turnovers. The offense is going to give a few away, so it's up to the defense to try to keep this number in the positives, with take-aways.
    -08-28-2005, 02:31 PM
  • rNemesis
    I dont see how a team could be so bad....
    by rNemesis
    YEt be better than our Rams.

I mean I just dont get what it takes to win in this league man. I am just tired of hearing the SAME OLD RAMS talk from all these so called analysts and experts and whoever else. Whenever we are playing a great or good team, we never get the pick , and probably rightfully so. But whenever we play a bad team, no matter what their record is now, was then, or what they predict it to be this year, its like they always pick us to lose. I dont see how a team could lose 12 games a year yet be "better than us"

I dont see how a team could be 2-14 yet be " better than us"

I MEAN COME ON GUYS!!! WHAT THE HELL IS THAT!!! BULLISH!!!! You cannot sit here and tell me that EVERY team in the league is "LEAPS AND BOUNDS" ahead of us and that " they only need a couple of pieces" yet " we have so many gaping holes'

Let me tell you what I have been doing the past 3 painful years. I have been watching closely ( and understanding) what it takes to win in this league. I have watch us play every team in the NFL over that period, I think. And at some point you have to wonder " OK, when is this losing going to stop"? We have played everyone from the Colts and Saints straight down to the Lions and Chiefs. SO you sit and wonder after every loss if you are ever going to win because you see all the mistakes you make and all of the lack of impact players. Now all that is pretty much addressed, aside from a couple more positions, we have some good players on this team and we have STILL NOT won a game? BULLISH!!!

NOW think about THAT my friends!! Think about why some other teams "suck" yet they can find a way to win some games. Why cant we?

Biggest question I have ever tried to find the answer to, and probably also the most annoying. Dont tell me its because we have too many holes.
    -09-17-2010, 02:56 PM
  • shortman1984
    About this loss
    by shortman1984
    It makes me mad when everyone talks about how bad the niners are. Yeah they only won 2 games last year but they had a lot of injuries last year..and Rattay is not a bad QB .. does everyone remember when he had 3 straight games with a QB rating of atleast 100 2 years ago.. Yeah they arent the greatest team but this is week one. No one knows how good a team really is. I think the next game will be different.. If we score TD's instead of FG's. then we will win. But this season is far from over..
    -09-13-2005, 07:28 PM
Working...
X