Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '07 Bash Experience

Here is what happened in a nut shell through RamWraith's eyes:

***If I miss someone or something I apologize. I am summarizing the best I can, and with so much information and good times I am sure I will miss something. So anyone that was there feel free to add to this thread

Friday:
    Arrived after an hour and 10 minute flight from Minneapolis, in which I was held up at the security check point...I guess I looked shady. We arrived around 6:00pm. Got to the hotel and immediately ran to the free drink counter at the hotel before the time expired. Downed my drinks and 1/2 of my wifes and met Big Blue. Blue is a super nice guy. He hasn't posted much, but let me tell you he is a die hard fan. This guy puts the "B" in big. I would bet that if we could have introduced him to Linehan he just might have started at one of the line positions. The beer tickets ran dry so it was off to the hotel troth to meet Dez. Here is the best way to put it. Airline tickets; $600.00, Hotel Room; $550.00, Ram memorabilia $425.00, seeing Dez again; PRICELESS! I love my bro!! We (I) drank and caught up on old times. In honesty it was the highlight of my trip, and my favorite part.

Saturday:
    I did not realize how much I had consumed until I woke up at 6:00 with this awful taste in my mouth and a splitting headache. My wife figured I drank a little too much as we sat down and came up with the numbers...ooopppsss. It was off to breakfast where we met Dez again and his wonderful wife (she is as great as the big guy). This is when I finally met the guy I have heard so much about. Randy (Big Red Ram). All I can say is what a HOOT. The guy came dressed in his kilt and full Irish attire and not once did I see the smile leave his face. A few other came a short time later. r8rh8rmike was the first one I got a chance to meet. I love this guy. ALL CLASS!! He is as funny and exciting as any fan I have met. One of them guys that make you proud to have as fellow fan and friend. He keep me entertained all weekend with his wit and charm. RamGram also came with I believe was her daughter. She is one to the sweetest people you will ever meet. Her love for the Rams is as noticeable as the smile on her face.

At this point after some good ol' B.S.'ing, we split up. The family and I went to the Brewery and the rest headed shopping. The Brewery was not a good place to be after a tough night the night before. The smells of hopps and barley were enough to make me pretty ill feeling, not to mention the 8 block walk around the facility. And then to top it all off...they gave me free beer. Needless to say a few sips was about all I could take. All in all it was pretty cool, it just should have been on better circumstances for me. After that stop the family and I power shopped. Hitting as many out of the main-strip shopping centers as we could. Wal-marts, Targets, and Sports Authority came away with a lot of my hard earned dollars. For the most part when we found stuff it was really cheap, but the trick was actually finding the stuff. There wasn't a whole lot of great items out there as in years past when I have scored on deals. Got a couple things that I always planned on getting. Jackson jersey and a new hat, and countless little trinkets and sales.

Next was the Bash. We arrived back to the hotel just in time for the free snacks and yes...free drinks. I had to stick to the Bloody Mary's at this point. Again I got to meet up with Randy, Dez, Moria, Mike and now David (AvengerRam). David and I have worked side by side for several years here at the Clan and this is the first time I got the chance to meet him. And for as much as he likes to talk here, he is pretty quiet in the real world, but so am I until I get to know you. He too was a pleasure to be with. You could tell his passion for the Rams and his family seemed as genuine as his passion for SLOP. We all downed our freebies and it was off to Jakes. David did all the planning for the party and it was pretty well done. The drawing was really awesome, and thanks to all those who donated both prizes and monetary donations to the site. A special thanks to RamGram (who gave lots of things), David (Youngblood jersey) and Alpha for the great figure of Faulk. The food was O.K.. I am not going to stand up and do a jig for it, but I guess it served it purpose. But the company was second to none. It was here that I got to meet TekeRam and his wife, and laram0 and his father, thefieldgoal and a friend, as well as a couple that Randy met on the plane and invited to the party and who promise to post soon. I didn't get a lot of time to visit with these guys at the other table, but from what I did gather, they were as great as everyone else has ever been on this site. We all toasted the great Dez after he served us all some Scottish whiskey in which I got yelled at for slamming. I guess you are suppose to sip it. I am from Wisconsin, and if it comes in a glass with no ice it goes down in one gulp...no matter how much it burns *LOL*. I consumed a few more Captain and cokes and it was off to bed for this tired old man. We headed back pretty early as we all knew we had a big day tomorrow.

Sunday:
    Honest, I didn't sleep hardly a wink. I was pumped for the game and was showered by 5:30am. Went down for breakfast about 8:00 and met up with some of the gang. Chatted, ate and it was off to get dressed. Well, when I got back to the hotel I looked out my window (which faced the front of the Ed) I noticed some of the players walking in. Needless to say I threw on my shoes ran out in my PJ's with no coat (45 degrees) and just had to get some pics and wish them luck. For the most part I didn't bother them as I knew most of them were pretty focused on the game. But Andy McCollum and Chris Draft came over and chatted for awhile. After taking in the moment for about an hour and half I realized I was still in my PJ's and it was 10:20am. Flew back to my room and got dressed and headed for the game.

Game:
    We won't talk about that...it hurts too much.

After Game:
    As usual I spent my few hours sulking. My family left me knowing how I am and headed to the arch. I gathered my things from the room and headed down to street by the Dome and waited to catch my glimpse of the players and hope for a few autographs. Needless to say I did pretty well in this department. I got pictures of many of the players including Jackson, Holt, Witherspoon, Looker, Pisa and many more. The autographs were just as successful, getting all of the above plus many, many more. Most of the players chatted for a few minutes and answered some trivial questions. At last count I got about 24 signatures as well as many memories. I think when I finally left the area it was almost 5:15pm. And I promised Dez I was going to meet them at the bar. OOPPSSS. Didn't make it. But I got to deal with game day blues, the best way possible...with the team.

I had a blast, and time went way too fast. Sometimes it is really hard to balance spending time with your family and also making time for your friends. My wife, sister-in-law and daughter were all great sports and really were patient with me during a very emotional and physically draining weekend. The Clan family made my real family feel welcomed and wanted. You all took a lot of time to include them in your conversations and jokes. THANKS!!

Special Notes:
    A very special thank you goes out to Randy and the special time he showed my daughter. Again, I think she has a new hero in her life in Uncle Randy. She is still talking about the football, and jersey and wants to know when she will be big enough to wear it. Also, to my dear friend Dez. You have made a special place here at the Clan and I know I don't say thank you enough. We are indebted to you for the things you have brought us that we take for granted every day. So much of your time, your hard earned money and loyalty to a cause that can be as demanding as a child or a full time job. You are the reason this happened and I hope there are many more years of it. Finally to all the members that didn't go or haven't gone, you all are missing out on something very special that is hard to put into words. It is a feeling of knowing but not knowing, of friendships that have been created without ever meeting. It is a testament of what is great in this world and how a common cause can tie so many people together. If you ever have a chance to attend a function like this, take the time, energy and financial plunge, you will never forget it.
    Last edited by RamWraith; -10-31-2007, 05:40 AM.

Re: '07 Bash Experience

Nice job Jason. Although this Bash was small, it was still a great experience and I had a great time talking and clowning around with you and your family. I already can't wait for the next one!

Comment

PS...

Don't forget to push that positive love button. This was a lot of writing for me and cost me about $1,600.00. I need some love ;-)

Pictures will come later.

Comment

What a great post!

Thanks for sharing your experience at the Bash. I am envious an really wished that I could have attended the Bash.

BigRedMan has a heart of gold. The world would be a greater place if we had more people like Randy.

Of course, I would be remiss if I didn't say thanks again to Dez for providing this great place for Rams fans to congregate.

Comment

Thanks for sharing your bash experience RW.

Comment

One day I'm going to have a beer with the big fella.

Maybe even more than one.

But like the Wraith, the hangovers are hard to deal with these days

Nice write-up.

Comment

Yes, indeed thanks for the post. My wife had an awesome time and now the Rams are definitely her NFC team, even though we didn't beat those horrid Browns for her. Thanks to all who made this a great weekend, especially to Dez, with that wonderful whiskey!
              I believe!:ram:

Comment

Originally posted by TekeRam View Post
                Thanks to all who made this a great weekend, especially to Dez, with that wonderful whiskey!
                I was with Dez when he was shopping for it and I can't believe I'm admitting this, but I actually asked him if he was looking for Irish Whiskey. Ugh! Of all the things to say to a SCOTSMAN. Talk about a "want to get away" moment, I'm embarrassed just thinking about it!

Comment

Sounded like a ton of fun! Wish I could been there!

Comment

Nice post, Jason (I owe you some Rep, but I have to pass some around first).

This was my second Bash, and it was a great time.

Lots of memorable moments:

*Asking an obnoxious Browns fan how their city likes their Lombardi Trophy (oh, wait a minute... they don't have one)

*Meeting Jason and family (including his daughter, who played Vanna to my Pat at the raffle)

*BRM's antics (just picture a combination of Chris Farley, Randall "Tex" Cobb and Santa Claus).

*Dez singing the Star Spangled Banner.

*Having to explain to Mike (r8rh8r), Mike (laram0) and Dez that, even though I said the Rams should run up the middle on 4th and 1, I'm just a lawyer and a good coach would have known better!

*Telling Mike (laram0)'s Uncle Larry that I didn't want to hear anything more about the Patriots!

*Watching Dez pretend he didn't know that cheerleader who kept asking him why he hadn't called her lately (Um... was I supposed to keep quiet about that one?)

Anyway... you should all come next year!

Comment

I gotta say; I love the love I have got from this post. You all are a true extended family here. I hope the thread has encouraged some of you that have never gone to the event to start planning for next year. And encourages the ones that decided to stay back for whatever reason to make good choices next season. I hope that next year we again will fill the halls of the Ed with the Clan no matter that state of the team.

Comment

I really would love to get over for a game sometime and meet the members of the clan, but I play football( soccer to most of you guys) and the season coincides with the NFL season making it almost impossible to get over unfortunately. I did make it to Wembley last Sunday for the Dolphins-Giants game and met one of the clan, Rampower who came over to say HI. He asked if I was ever on clanram.com and I told him I was one of the converted, can't remember much of the conversation as I had been on the beer since the early hours beforehand..lol..

Comment

O.K.,

You guys have my interest peaked.

I will plan on being there next year.

One question, though: $600.00 for a room? Was this the Honeymoon Suite?

Always a Rams Fan............

Rex Allen Markel

Comment

Man, I've GOT to get to one of these. Here's to hopin' for next year.
                            The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Comment

RW, Thanks for the kind words & was a pleasure meeting you. Next year I will be at the Bash party, getting to know all who attend a little better. I do encourge all who want to attend to start your plans early, so that when the time comes your not left out. And yes I will be there, no matter what state the teams is in, win, lose or draw I support the Blue & Gold.

Comment