2008 ClanRam Bash Weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2008 ClanRam Bash Weekend

With the exception of the game, it was a perfect weekend as far as I'm concerned. I had a blast from the moment I stepped off the train in St. Louis on Friday to Monday morning when I left.

It started immediately when my girlfriend Fran and I walked into the Drury on Friday afternoon to find Dez and several others taking advantage of happy hour, and we quickly followed suit. Then we all walked down to Big Daddy's on the waterfront and met most everybody else who was in for the Bash. Let me tell you, the alcohol was FLOWING! On Saturday, Dez drove a few of us all over the St. Louis area shopping for Rams crap, being led by his satellite navigation device which actually spoke with a British accent. It was hilarious. Then of course it was off to Jake's for the Bash dinner where we met more members and once again, the alcohol was flowing, including the 15 year old gasoline Dez was pouring everyone. It was a great evening with a great turnout and nothing but laughter all night. Special kudos to AvengerRam for helping to put things together and doing his normal stellar job of hosting the festivities. The next morning those of us staying at the Drury had breakfast before heading across the street to meet everybody else at the game. We whooped it up and high fived for three quarters until the bottom dropped out. Definitely the low point of the weekend. Despite the depression, several of us met for dinner later and managed to have a very good time. After breakfast on Monday, most of us headed off for home. Again, despite the painful loss, it was an absolutely incredible time.

It never ceases to amaze me how warm, friendly, intelligent and fun-loving every member of ClanRam I have met really is. Absolutely the best people on Earth, and I mean that.

I've posted some pictures from the weekend on my profile page and I'm sure others will do the same.

Re: 2008 ClanRam Bash Weekend

I see bigredman has posted some Bash pictures. Anyone else?

Comment

Just another awesome weekend !!! These get togethers have become a big highlight of the year, and partying with what have become great friends here on my turf is just the best.

I do wish Dez would bring some NEW booze with him, instead of that dusty old stuff he keeps in his cellar, but I'm still glad he sent one of his minions to my house to make sure I was there !!

Hope everyone had a great time, and a safe trip back to all those far away places we Clansmen and Clanswomen call home.

Those who don't join in the fun year after year are really missing something very special, something no other NFL team can boast to this level.

Thanks so much to Dez and Moira and everyone who helps set up the bash. It keeps my spirits up to have you guys around, and especially helped me get through that 4th quarter against the Giants, with you separated from me by just a pane of glass.

To those guys who made it to Big Daddy's, I hope no one left with any health issues, and that none of those young girls will give birth in nine months to anyone who looks like you !!
      Barry Waller

Comment

Barry - What happens in St. Louis, stays in St. Louis !!!

Always a great time hanging out and talking all Rams over beers Barry. We really appreciate your inside look at the Rams that you share with us.

Until next year -

Maine - :ram:

Comment

I have posted some pictures in my album.

I didn't get to converse with Barry this year as we had to leave early.

I want to applaud everyone for buying raffle tickets.

Dez, thank you for the Scotch...my torso is still burning.

I always enjoy getting together with everyone and I look forward to doing it again next year.

Comment

Glad you all had a great time.

Comment

Originally posted by Barry Waller View Post
              I do wish Dez would bring some NEW booze with him, instead of that dusty old stuff he keeps in his cellar, but I'm still glad he sent one of his minions to my house to make sure I was there !!
              It really was quite an operation on Saturday afternoon to try and track Barry down with inquiries, phone calls and finally someone driving over to his house, which obviously did the trick.

Glad you made it Barry. A ClanRam Bash beats that rock concert you were planning on going to, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Barry Waller View Post
                To those guys who made it to Big Daddy's, I hope no one left with any health issues, and that none of those young girls will give birth in nine months to anyone who looks like you !!
                YIKES!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by bigredman View Post
                  YIKES!!!!!!
                  I just projectile vomited.

Comment

Someone needs to have their photoshop toys taken away.

Comment

Originally posted by bigredman View Post
                      YIKES!!!!!!
                      Do you need intervention?

Comment

Randy thats just wrong mate real wrong LOL

thanks to everyone for another great weekend.... Barry thanks for giving your insight into the Rams locker room!!! great to see you again...!! lis sends her love!!!

steve:ram:
                        "The breakfast Club":helmet:

Comment

Originally posted by AlphaRam View Post
                          I just projectile vomited.
                          This is a case of the doctor slapping the mother instead of the baby!
                          sigpic :ram::helmet:

Comment

BRM.... as they used to say in the old country, Oy Givalt!

This year's Bash was great, as always. I have some pics which I'll post next week when things calm down at work.

The game was disappointing, but in the long run, I'll remember Chris Long's first sack and Torry's unreal TD catch more than I'll remember the result.

Comment

Every year we have a blast at the Bash! This year was better than ever in spite of the game. I always remember the Bash but am hard put to remember which game it was &/or the score! This year,of course, will be the exception because we all felt the lack of enthusiasm on the field & in the stands. But hey: the first quarter was unforgetable! we have the absolute best group of people anywhere! Even when we argue we have fun! Personally got a lot of enjoyment telling condescending Gint fans all about our international base, beginning with our Illustrious Leader! They were bragging about how far they came to see a "mediocre" game. I relished wiping that smirk off their faces! Now a lot of their fans were really nice & we enjpyed Kibutzing with them. After all there are jackasses in every group...except ours, of course
                              ramgram

Comment