Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bash Raffle Idea (or... how to keep Randy from winning everything this year)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bash Raffle Idea (or... how to keep Randy from winning everything this year)

Here's my thought.

We will sell tickets like always (funds go to the ClanRam Retirement Home Building Fund). However, instead of a mere random drawing, we'll have a list of Rams trivia questions (I can prepare in advance). After each question is asked, those in attendance can (in a rotating order based upon where people are seated) "bid" to respond to the question (1 ticket, 1 guess). Get the answer right, win the prize. Get it wrong, go to the next seat and allow that person to bid/guiess (no ticket, no guess!)

Of course, if Randy buys 50% of the tickets as usual, he'll have to eventually either give many of them away (has he has done in the past) or the game will become "grill Randy"!

What do you think?

Re: Bash Raffle Idea (or... how to keep Randy from winning everything this year)

Great idea, although I'm not sure there is any way to slow down the financial juggernaut that is BigRedMan.

Comment

Re: Bash Raffle Idea (or... how to keep Randy from winning everything this year)

The one prize the one cant win; Himself!

I hereby start the clan raffle for Big Red Man!
      The Breakfast Club. You want cheese with that?

Comment

Originally posted by rampower View Post
        The one prize the one cant win; Himself!

I hereby start the clan raffle for Big Red Man!
        The opening bid starts at one miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiillion dollars!

Comment

Although Randy is generous to a fault it does take some of the excitement out of the raffle, esp. for the first timers. ramgram

Comment

Ummmmmmmm....so everyone would have more of chance to go up themselves to win something last year, I bought my usual $200 in tickets, but I gave away all the tickets to everyone at the BASH. I wasn't called up to receive one prize.

Just so all the new comers know, yes, previously I would buy $200 of tickets each year, and yes I kept all the tickets and my name would be called for the prizes most of the time because of it. However, I gave away all the prizes as I won them.

Since it appears to continue to be of such a concern, I guess I'll keep my wallet in my pocket this year.

:disapointed:
            Last edited by bigredman; -08-15-2009, 02:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bigredman View Post
              Ummmmmmmm....so everyone would have more of chance to go up themselves to win something last year, I bought my usual $200 in tickets, but I gave away all the tickets to everyone at the BASH. I wasn't called up to receive one prize.

Just so all the new comers know, yes, previously I would buy $200 of tickets each year, and yes I kept all the tickets and my name would be called for the prizes most of the time because of it. However, I gave away all the prizes as I won them.

Since it appears to continue to be of such a concern, I guess I'll keep my wallet in my pocket this year.

:disapointed:
              Come on now Randy, don't pout. Everyone is grateful for your VERY substancial support and extremely generous nature. And those that don't go to the Bash should know that Randy absolutely has a heart of gold underneath that gruff exterior.

I think the intent here was to make the raffle a little more suspensful, that's all. If you choose to keep your wallet in your pocket, I certainly don't have a problem with that as you have done way more than your fair share in supporting this site. I would love to see the rest of us pick up the slack anyway as Dez has had some down times lately.

On a more positive note, I still wear my bigredman designed "ClanRam Warriors Irish Brigade" shirt often and plan on sporting it in St. Louis at this years Bash Weekend!

Comment

I for one am extremely grateful to Randy for all he does and hope he continues. I am just sad that I canny be there this year to see everyone and give the big guy a hug.

Comment

YouTube - Choir Babies: You Make Me Wanna POUT!

Comment

Randy is for sure the most gentle giant I have ever met. My daughter calls him Uncle Squishy. I will also sport my Irish Brigade T-shirt .

I still have a issue with him taking the window seat on the flight home however.:disapointed:

Comment

OK, Randy, I give!! My Irish Brigade shirt is just one more testament to your generosity & will be worn at some point at this year's Bash. Hey! There's an idea...Why don't we choose a specific time for those of us who have these shirts to wear them. Perhaps the Fri. night get-together? The Sat. shopping trip? What do you think, Randy?? ramgram

Comment

Friday night sounds good to me. Irish boiler makers are on me for anyone wearing the Irish Brigade T-shirt that night.

Comment

Friday night sounds good to me. Irish boiler makers are on me for anyone wearing the Irish Brigade T-shirt that night.
                          Wow, not only do I love the shirt design and showing it off, it's now going to pay BIG dividends! Could be the best investment I ever made.

Comment

Originally posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
                            Wow, not only do I love the shirt design and showing it off, it's now going to pay BIG dividends! Could be the best investment I ever made.
                            HMMMMMMM....just to clarify...that's "A" boiler maker.
                            One, Uno, Eins, ένα, Jeden, Um, Bir, один, Một, Egy, Un,
                            and no swapping or sharing T-shirts with friends either.
                            I know how sneeky you guys can be when it comes to
                            free booze!

Comment

HMMMMMMM....just to clarify...that's "A" boiler maker.
                              One, Uno, Eins, ένα, Jeden, Um, Bir, один, Một, Egy, Un,
                              and no swapping or sharing T-shirts with friends either.
                              I know how sneeky you guys can be when it comes to
                              free booze!

Okay, then can I make mine a triple??

Comment