We made it home alive!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We made it home alive!

After the drama of the drive up to St. Louis, I thought it be obligatory to let everyone know that we made it home alive and without further incident. Funny thing.....even though we were on two wheels during the swerve and going into the ditch, my truck is still in alignment. How weird is that?

Anyhow, despite the illness, the accident, and the loss, we still had a great time. Everyone we met was really sweet, and that really saved the trip. Hope we get to make it to the next one, but without the drama...LOL

Let us know when y'all make it home!
    sigpicThis is for Randy! GO BRM!

Re: We made it home alive!

I am glad you made it home OK. Would you believe the three rows of Packer fans in front of us are from the Tulsa area?

Comment

Originally posted by AlphaRam View Post
      I am glad you made it home OK. Would you believe the three rows of Packer fans in front of us are from the Tulsa area?
      I was passed by a white Ford pickup that had a Tulsa Drillers bumper sticker and a big, ugly "G" in the back window. I was thinking about flipping him a finger, but I figured I had already been run off the road once and that was enough.

:mad:
      temp_4394_1467243487543_20
      RAMS!

Comment

Everyone but 2 are flying home tomorrow. (Using hotel computer). Yep! You gave us us a scare, so happy you are all safelyhome!
        Originally posted by MOM View Post
        After the drama of the drive up to St. Louis, I thought it be obligatory to let everyone know that we made it home alive and without further incident. Funny thing.....even though we were on two wheels during the swerve and going into the ditch, my truck is still in alignment. How weird is that?

Anyhow, despite the illness, the accident, and the loss, we still had a great time. Everyone we met was really sweet, and that really saved the trip. Hope we get to make it to the next one, but without the drama...LOL

Let us know when y'all make it home!
        Last edited by RamsFanSam; -09-28-2009, 06:21 PM.

Comment

Glad to hear that you arrived home safely! It was a pleasure meeting both of you! Hope to see you again soon.

Comment

We have arrived home safely, as well.

We mentioned your names (Sam and Tawn) when we fueled up in Springfield - I'll have to see if "stoning by mobs" is covered on our automobile insurance policy.

Comment

Sam and Tawn, glad you made it home safely and really glad that you survived that crash. That could have been a very bad accident. You guys are great. Hope to see you at another bash.

I am still in Illinois right now and I will be headed home today.
              sigpic

Comment

Glad you made it home ok.srry bout the trip down there,I sat across from you guys at the dinner you were both really nice and im glad you made it,see you next year hopefully.

Comment

Thanks everybody! As I said before, the good company saved the trip...well, for me, anyways. Can't wait to do it again! Hopefully, next time the liquor will be what gets me messed up....LOL!!!!!

And when the person that forced us off the road is caught, I'll keep y'all posted!
                  Last edited by MOM; -10-01-2009, 08:34 PM.

Comment

Thanks everybody! As I said before, the good company saved the trip...well, for me, anyways. Can't wait to do it again! Hopefully, next time the liquor will be what gets me messed up....LOL!!!!!

And when the person that forced us off the road is caught, I'll keep y'all posted!
                    Whatever did happen to them? Did they find a way off the road without hitting anyone? Carl said he heard about you on the news.

I am glad you guys survived that excitement and were able to make it to the bash and the game.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by UtterBlitz View Post
                      Whatever did happen to them? Did they find a way off the road without hitting anyone? Carl said he heard about you on the news.

I am glad you guys survived that excitement and were able to make it to the bash and the game.
                      This was on the news??????????? Really?????????

All I have heard is that they made a U-turn in the middle of traffic and sped off.

Comment

This was on the news??????????? Really?????????

All I have heard is that they made a U-turn in the middle of traffic and sped off.
                        yep, you made the news....pretty special. ;)
                        sigpic

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• psycho9985
                          The people who keep us free.
                          by psycho9985
                          Subject: THIS WAS SENT BY A FRIEND

> I sat in my seat of the Boeing 767 waiting for everyone to hurry and
                          >stow their carry-ons and grab a seat so we could start what I was sure to
                          >be a long, uneventful flight home.
                          >
                          >
                          >
                          > With the huge capacity and slow moving people taking their time to
                          >stuff luggage far too big for the overhead and never paying much attention
                          >to holding up the growing line behind them, I simply shook my head knowing
                          >that this flight was not starting out very well. I was anxious to get
                          >home to see my loved ones so I was focused on my issues and just felt
                          >like standing up and yelling for some of these clowns to get their act
                          >together.
                          >
                          >
                          > I knew I couldn't say a word so I just thumbed thru the "Sky Mall"
                          >magazine from the seat pocket in front of me.
                          >
                          >
                          > You know it's really getting rough when you resort to the over
                          >priced, useless sky mall crap to break the monotony.
                          >
                          >
                          >
                          > With everyone finally seated, we just sat there with the cabin door
                          >open and no one in any hurry to get us going although we were well past
                          >the scheduled take off time.
                          >
                          >
                          > No wonder the airline industry is in trouble I told myself.
                          >
                          >
                          >
                          > Just then, the attendant came on the intercom to i! nform us all
                          >that we were
                          > being delayed.
                          >
                          >
                          > The entire plane let out a collective groan.
                          >
                          >
                          > She resumed speaking to say "We are holding the aircraft for some
                          >very special people who are on their way to the plane and the delay
                          >shouldn't be more than 5 minutes.
                          >
                          >
                          > The word came after waiting six times as long as we were promised
                          >that I was finally going to be on my way home.
                          >
                          >
                          > Why the hoopla over "these" folks?
                          >
                          >
                          > I was expecting some celebrity or sport figure to be the reason for
                          >the hold up ...
                          >
                          >
                          > Just get their butts in a seat and let's hit the gas I thought.
                          >
                          >
                          > The attendant came back on the speaker to announce in a loud and
                          >excited voice that we were being joined by several U.S. Marines returning
                          >home from Iraq!!!
                          >
                          >
                          > Just as they walked on board, the entire plane erupted into
                          >applause.
                          >
                          >
                          > The men were a bit taken by surprise by the 340 people cheering for
                          >them as they searched for their seats.
                          -11-24-2005, 09:38 AM
                        • Rambos
                          We all knew this was coming.
                          by Rambos
                          We are now in the stretch of games that will make us or break us. We already lost to SD can we now win two of three?

Nov 5 Kansas City Home
                          Nov 12 Seattle Road
                          Nov 19 Carolina Road
                          -10-30-2006, 08:50 AM
                        • RamWraith
                          I'm alive
                          by RamWraith
                          We went through a very serious series of storms in this part of the country today and I am doing my best to keep up with the site and the articles.

My power has been going in and out after a HUGE hail hit storm this morning, producing SOFTBALL (yes softball) size hail. Now this evening several tornados, high winds, lighting and 5 inches of rain just moved through. We have tons of damage to our home and one of my vehicles is a total loss.

We are all safe, but pretty shaken up. Our little town took a beating. I will post pics when I can. Bear with me I am trying to keep up with all the news
                          -08-24-2006, 07:04 PM
                        • bruce4life
                          We all know our Rams have made huge strides this season...
                          by bruce4life
                          hey we're 3-4 this year and crazy 2 more wins than all of last season already. A 6-10 season I believe and many people on this messageboard would be happy I feel. But when are the Rams gonna start winning the games they have already put away in the bag.
                          WEEK 1 - a rams fumble recovery going into the enzone goes awry and instead of being up 20-10 late in the 3rd quarter, we go down 17-10. Game we should of won.
                          WEEK 7- We are up 17-3 late in 2nd quarter and on a 3rd and 17th let Freeman get into FG range when they had no timeouts left. We called 2 timeouts on their possession ... Also early in the 3rd quarter Freeman throws a gimme INT to LAurentis in which we are already in FG range to put the game away.

The NFL season is not the MLB or the NBA where you can squander a win here and there. We should be 5-2 and at min 4-3. DON'T GET ME WRONG I AM HAPPY ON HOW FAR THIS TEAM HAS COME BUT ITS DISAPPOINTING WHEN YOU SEE HOW WEAK THE WHOLE NFC IS THIS SEASON AND WE ARE MISSING AN OPPURTUNITY TO MAKE THE PLAYOFFS
                          -10-26-2010, 11:31 AM
                        • rams8821
                          This game COULD turn the season around....
                          by rams8821
                          Ok ok ok I know we havent played well lately, BUT we have played well enought to win especically the Seattle games. So.....

IF we can somehow find a way to dig deep, play a great game on the road, and get a W in Carolina it truly could turn our season right back around. We would be 5-5 and have 3 straight home games. To go 2-1 over those 3 games is a certain possibility. Then we would be 7-6 with 3 to go, and at that point Id like our chances. 9-7 will get a WC berth this year. I remember in 2004 we lost in Carolina to go to 6-7 (I was at that game too, what a stinker!!) then dropped to AZ on the raod to be 6-8. Everyone wrote us off but we won the next two, made the playoffs, and went to Seattle and won. Yeah yeah yeah I know what happened in ATL. But the win in Seattle ranks pretty high up there for me.

All is not lost folks, if we can manage a W on Sunday (ill be there rooting them on), then we are in OK shape....

So lets get a W sunday, and hopefully the fans in St. Louis fire up the team for their 3 game homestand!!
                          -11-15-2006, 04:41 AM
                        Working...
                        X