What A Wild 2009 Bash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What A Wild 2009 Bash

Let's see, one member got slipped a mickie at a local watering hole, a few needed to be slipped one, lightning hit ones plane, a wrong way driver nearly killed two, and an impromtu (very unwelcomed and disturbing) strip show broke out in our section. Did I miss anything? Oh yeah, a third of us caught a wicked bug, me included.

All in all though, it was an absolutly fantastic experience for Fran and I, as usual. Maybe a little more drama than I'd like, but hey, it kept things lively.

ClanRam members are the greatest people on earth. It gets proven to me every year when I meet and talk to them.

As far as the game, I couldn't let it ruin my weekend. Too many great times and memories. A friend from across the pond taught me that.

Thanks to everyone who made it such a great experience, especially Av, who did what he does every year to make things flow and let the good times roll! You guys that have not met him in person would be shocked at what a mild mannered gentleman he is. Sorry to blow your cover David.
    Last edited by r8rh8rmike; -09-29-2009, 03:17 PM.

Re: What A Wild 2009 Bash

I think I can speak for my wife when I say that we enjoyed seeing you and Fran again. Fran is genuinely kind-hearted and it was wonderful to see her again. It was OK to see you, too, Mike (lol). I look forward to seeing both of you again next year.

Comment

Originally posted by AlphaRam View Post
      I think I can speak for my wife when I say that we enjoyed seeing you and Fran again. Fran is genuinely kind-hearted and it was wonderful to see her again. It was OK to see you, too, Mike (lol). I look forward to seeing both of you again next year.
      Thanks Jack. We had a blast hanging out with you guys. Lynn had me in stiches all weekend, I think she's a keeper!

Comment

Don't remind me of the stripper.

So the story goes like this---We were seated directly underneath a suite when they started knocking on the window to get our attention. Apparently there was this lovely classy GB fan a few rows down, and they taped a big sign to the window stating "Put a Bra on". I thought it was me at first, but they pointed her out and wanted her attention.

So I tap this ever so classy grease headed, tank top, jammie shorts, head band wearing thing on the arm and ask her to look up.

So we got a eye full of nothing. Different shirt and a push up bra, shampoo, no head band, real shorts, less drinks would have done wonders for the girl.

It got very entertaining between her and the taped notes.

Jack, I'm glad Lynn is ok. I didn't know until today, please give her my best.

Mike, please tell Fran thank you for the goodbye note. Rick left it for me to read when I got up yesterday. She is a doll!
        Last edited by CaliGirlRamsFan; -09-29-2009, 06:11 PM.

Comment

We're glad it all worked out for you Cheri.
          Last edited by r8rh8rmike; -09-29-2009, 06:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
            Thanks Jack. We had a blast hanging out with you guys. Lynn had me in stiches all weekend, I think she's a keeper!
            It was wonderful to see you and Fran again Mike. Despite all the nonsense, it truly was a good time. I really haven't interacted with your wife so much in the past but I am so glad that this time I did. She is a doll! I think for the most part a great time was had by all of us. Look forward to doing again!

Comment

Quiet woman! I already spoke for you.

Originally posted by PA_gal_in_OK View Post
              It was wonderful to see you and Fran again Mike. Despite all the nonsense, it truly was a good time. I really haven't interacted with your wife so much in the past but I am so glad that this time I did. She is a doll! I think for the most part a great time was had by all of us. Look forward to doing again!

Comment

Originally posted by AlphaRam View Post
                Quiet woman! I already spoke for you.
                Don't make me hurt you!

Comment

Okay kids........

Comment

Originally posted by PA_gal_in_OK View Post
                    Don't make me hurt you!

Don't make me tell you again!

Comment

$5 says Lynn pins Jack in the first round!
                      temp_4394_1467243487543_20
                      RAMS!

Comment

Originally posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
                        Thanks to everyone who made it such a great experience, especially Av, who did what he does every year to make things flow and let the good times roll! You guys that have not met him in person would be shocked at what a mild mannered gentleman he is. Sorry to blow your cover David.
                        That's it!!! You're banned!!!!!

Comment

AV, did your brother and his (girlfriend/fiance/wife) make it to the Bash this year?

P.S. Sorry it's belated, but Gmar Chatimah Tovah.
                          Last edited by HUbison; -09-30-2009, 06:12 AM.
                          The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Comment

Originally posted by AvengerRam View Post
                            That's it!!! You're banned!!!!!
                            Oops, that didn't work out very well.

Comment

Originally posted by HUbison View Post
                              AV, did your brother and his (girlfriend/fiance/wife) make it to the Bash this year?

P.S. Sorry it's belated, but Gmar Chatimah Tovah.
                              No, AvengerEagle and Mrs. AvengerEagle (they were married in March) didn't come this year.

Thanks for the very appropriate new year's wishes!

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• ramgram
                                UtterBlitz comes calling
                                by ramgram
                                ramgram here to tell you our household had the pleasure of a visit from UtterBlitz & her lovely neice. We talked some Rams, some places to visit, the Bash & enjoyed the moderate (for Illinois in Aug) weather. They introduced the ol' gram to Facebook & agree we can't wait for the Bash. I think she'll be driving out early so we can hook up with some of the other early arrivals.

Since I have been off the board for many months for health reasons UB had the sad duty to tell me about RammieGirl. We three attended our first Bash together with her hubby & mine. We had a blast & became friends for life. She warned us she'd not be able to attend every Bash (something about kids wanting to eat, or some other nonsense) But her postings were a real link to a young woman who knew her stuff! She brought joy to this old lady & all who had the privilege of knowing her. Bet she's up there giving the whiners what for & asking St Pete how he could have allowed them in! ramgram
                                -08-28-2009, 12:05 PM
                              • rampower
                                Thinking of coming to the bash?
                                by rampower
                                If there is anybody out there who is lucky enough to have the time and money to attend the bash and is sitting there wondering if they should attend.

Heres the answer.

DO IT!!!

It will be the time of your life.

You would love it.

All these people you post with you could meet for real.

How could anyone not want to meet big red for real?

You think this guy is a crazy scream on here?

Wait till you see him at the bash! He is the guy you want to sit beside when opposition fans are coming!! Strong in muscle and in words.

Dez is the life and soul not only of the clan but of the party.

Alpha ram has just the best sense of humour, both he and PA girl just rock.

Mix in Ramcableking, MaineRam and Majorram and you will not only have a good time and make the best of friends, but you will end up in a bar, always.

These bashes have changed my life.

If you can, please come, we welcome all.
                                -07-17-2008, 10:11 AM
                              • RamWraith
                                '07 Bash Experience
                                by RamWraith
                                Here is what happened in a nut shell through RamWraith's eyes:

***If I miss someone or something I apologize. I am summarizing the best I can, and with so much information and good times I am sure I will miss something. So anyone that was there feel free to add to this thread

Friday:
                                Arrived after an hour and 10 minute flight from Minneapolis, in which I was held up at the security check point...I guess I looked shady. We arrived around 6:00pm. Got to the hotel and immediately ran to the free drink counter at the hotel before the time expired. Downed my drinks and 1/2 of my wifes and met Big Blue. Blue is a super nice guy. He hasn't posted much, but let me tell you he is a die hard fan. This guy puts the "B" in big. I would bet that if we could have introduced him to Linehan he just might have started at one of the line positions. The beer tickets ran dry so it was off to the hotel troth to meet Dez. Here is the best way to put it. Airline tickets; $600.00, Hotel Room; $550.00, Ram memorabilia $425.00, seeing Dez again; PRICELESS! I love my bro!! We (I) drank and caught up on old times. In honesty it was the highlight of my trip, and my favorite part.

Saturday:
                                I did not realize how much I had consumed until I woke up at 6:00 with this awful taste in my mouth and a splitting headache. My wife figured I drank a little too much as we sat down and came up with the numbers...ooopppsss. It was off to breakfast where we met Dez again and his wonderful wife (she is as great as the big guy). This is when I finally met the guy I have heard so much about. Randy (Big Red Ram). All I can say is what a HOOT. The guy came dressed in his kilt and full Irish attire and not once did I see the smile leave his face. A few other came a short time later. r8rh8rmike was the first one I got a chance to meet. I love this guy. ALL CLASS!! He is as funny and exciting as any fan I have met. One of them guys that make you proud to have as fellow fan and friend. He keep me entertained all weekend with his wit and charm. RamGram also came with I believe was her daughter. She is one to the sweetest people you will ever meet. Her love for the Rams is as noticeable as the smile on her face.

At this point after some good ol' B.S.'ing, we split up. The family and I went to the Brewery and the rest headed shopping. The Brewery was not a good place to be after a tough night the night before. The smells of hopps and barley were enough to make me pretty ill feeling, not to mention the 8 block walk around the facility. And then to top it all off...they gave me free beer. Needless to say a few sips was about all I could take. All in all it was pretty cool, it just should have been on better circumstances for me. After that stop the family and I power shopped. Hitting as many out of the main-strip shopping centers as we could. Wal-marts, Targets, and Sports Authority came away...
                                -10-30-2007, 04:08 PM
                              • AlphaRam
                                Bash Decision Point: What Should We Do?
                                by AlphaRam
                                Many of you attended the mini-Bash last year when we received the privelege of a visit from a former Dallas Cowboys alternate cheerleader. She was kind enough to do a routine for Steve, Carlos, etc. Lynne and Lis seemed particularly fond of her. I think Julian wanted to take her back across the pond.

If we encounter her again this year (or someone like her), what should we do or how should we proceed?
                                -08-30-2008, 08:10 PM
                              • RamsFanSam
                                OK, Bash Attendees
                                by RamsFanSam
                                Since this is my first bash, I want to make sure I cover my head with the newspaper and yell "Great Scott!" at the right times. (If you don't understand, you never will.)

Tawn and I will be driving up on Saturday morning. I figure we can leave here about 8, be at her parent's house about 11:15, and be ready to hit the town by 1:00. We're staying at the Mayfair Hotel (Tawn likes antiques, that's why she went out with me in the first place). It's right across the street from the Renaissance, really close to the dome, half a mile from the Arch, and the price isn't too bad.

I know we'll all meet at Jake's sometime Saturday night, but being the noob I'm curious about what goes on besides this.

Oh, and count us out on the after-game party. We've got to drive back home and get Sami ready for school on Monday.
                                -09-20-2009, 02:24 PM
                              Working...
                              X